Boys are Confusing

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Boys are Confusing

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

Okay I do think tht some guys are really confusing . but I have a lot of freinds that are guys who are not but confusing at all .I being a girl understand that we can be confusing too . maybe Guys are confusing to us and We confusing to them .
LilyMorgana

Post by LilyMorgana »

I've been the only girl in a class with about 20 guys for a few months now and I still don't get most of them. It's just so confusing because they don't seem to want to show their real thoughts or feelings. It's like they are constantly trying to cover up they are just human or something. Like a week ago, we got back our results on some task and this one guy comes back from the teacher and says he failed. He then shrugs as if it's nothing and says something like: "But who cares anyway." Well, apparently he did! I could just hear the disappointment (and sadness) in his voice. See, I just think it's confusing how they feel one thing, but express another.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
JasperRocks3000

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

I asked my friend apparently It's a guy thing and I wouldn't understand if I tried . I think their trying to seem tough .
chr0matica
Settled in Forks

Post by chr0matica »

Got a question...

Last Friday my best friend told the guy I liked that I like him, and he came over and talked to me and to save a huge long story (read the dating thread lol) he said he liked me and stuff...

... then on Monday he avoided me kind of all day... but now that it's Christmas break I won't see him until next year. My best guess is that my friends (love them to death but they're kind of annoying at some times!!!) kept bothering and pressuring him to ask me out all that morning, and that he was just feeling pressured and wondering how I personally felt about him and not what my friends' opinion of him dating me was. I was also never by myself on Monday because I had people (girls, hehe) with me ALL day, so wouldn't it be kind of unnerving to have to go and approach someone you like in front of almost everyone who wanted you and the girl to be together?

I'm sure he doesn't like anyone else because after he told me he liked me he hugged me... do you think he could just be feeling pressured? Please elaborate :3
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

Ok,first of all, tell your friends to fck off and leave him alone. Seriously, it's really hard when they say "Will you go out with my friend blah blah blah". This not only puts pressure on males, but also changes their perspective on you now. The male will see that you are desperate, because he would think that you asked your friends to ask him to ask you out (I hope you understood that). Normally guys see desperate girls go out with guys who have looks. And a guy knows when he will get dumped if I girl did choose looks over personality. So right now he's probably thinking about the future. You should start off really slow, because thats how successful relationships normally go and a males normally like to take things slow (depending on the type of male specimen).

Flirt with him, but DON'T ANNOY him, such as pushing him around, poking him, asking numerous questions and moaning! They will seriously hate you if you do that.

Once you've made him like you, ask if he's busy on the weekend and want to hang out (make sure other mates are with you, because silence can be awkward and us males don't like it). Make sure that you have other friends around too.

Then every now and then, decrease the friends around you until you end up with him and yourself. Once do, soon or later you'll have your first kiss from him. If you do kiss him, DON'T!!!! reject him by pulling away. You've got no idea how much shame that is to us guys. Instead just pull back slowly and smile at him, then look clueless as the ground. Then if you and he WANTS TO kiss again, but make sure not to rush things!

I hope this helps your relationship.

Thanks for reading.

Your regards,

-Miista.
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
StickStones&&Techno

Post by StickStones&&Techno »

okay, so that guy that i posted about before, does anybody have any advice on how to approach him? (:
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Hate to interrupt the conversation, but I have a question that's been bugging me: How can you tell when a guy likes you (as a friend) or like likes you (as a possible date interest)? I have a guy that I'm not sure about. He's a friend to me, but sometimes I wonder if he feels a little more for me. I'm pretty sure I'm being ridiculous and mistranslating him, but I want to be sure. So what are the signs? Nothing too specific, just the common gestures of a guy showing his interest in a girl.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

StickStones&&Techno wrote:okay, so that guy that i posted about before, does anybody have any advice on how to approach him? (:
I'm just askng if you would like my answers to your guy question from a guys perspective???
Carrisa wrote:Hate to interrupt the conversation, but I have a question that's been bugging me: How can you tell when a guy likes you (as a friend) or like likes you (as a possible date interest)? I have a guy that I'm not sure about. He's a friend to me, but sometimes I wonder if he feels a little more for me. I'm pretty sure I'm being ridiculous and mistranslating him, but I want to be sure. So what are the signs? Nothing too specific, just the common gestures of a guy showing his interest in a girl.
I feel like a love guru. Laugh.Out.Loud.

The answer to your question, from a guys perspective is very long, so I'll be back to answer it, after I've figured away to shorten it.
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i wish i found this thread sooner. i really should look at all the threads on the lex more often :lol:
so, i shall definitely agree that SOME guys are definitely confusing/hard to read.

so my problem lately is that there's this guy that i really like but i can't tell if he likes me as just a friend or more than that. some days i think he might like me and others not so much. my problem is compounded by the fact that i'm really shy and so is he soooo yea. :roll: anyway, he lives kinda farish from me so i've never seen him outside of school, but during the week we'd always meet up and walk to our cars together and then stand around in the parking lot for like half an hour just talking. and some days he'd even go out of his way to walk me even if it meant he'd have to double back and go to a different parking lot. and then we'd also talk a lot online. i mean, we have a lot in common so we talk a lot or whatever. anyway, like i said, sometimes he'll say something and i'll just kinda get a vibe from him that he does like me but at the same time i really don't know.

sigh. i wish i were less shy. :?

edit--i guess i'm having a similar problem to carissa haha
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

Carrisa wrote:Hate to interrupt the conversation, but I have a question that's been bugging me: How can you tell when a guy likes you (as a friend) or like likes you (as a possible date interest)? I have a guy that I'm not sure about. He's a friend to me, but sometimes I wonder if he feels a little more for me. I'm pretty sure I'm being ridiculous and mistranslating him, but I want to be sure. So what are the signs? Nothing too specific, just the common gestures of a guy showing his interest in a girl.
I've finally have the answer to your question ^_^

How to tell when a guy likes you as a friend: Well, normally I don't see guys being friends with girls unless they like you. And I mean 'likes' you. It's normal, but it's different for a guy to be friends with a girl, unless they want something out of her, if he's gay or if he really does like her.

So your the answer is; if a guy hangs out with you, it might be he is gay (sorry if it's offending) or he does take your friendship seriously, and does like you. To see if he loves you would be when he helps you in need, sticks up for you, walks with you all the time, talks to you non-stop, smiles every time you look at him, act's weird sometimes (sarcastic or pretends to be stupid). We guys like to show off :P This is all I can tell you. They're all the signs I know, since I'm a guy, or the signs I would do, if I had a crush on a girl. Sorry if I wasn't as much help. I hope I provided your answers that you needed.

Thanks for reading.

Your regards,

-Miista.
Tengo Nubs. wrote:i wish i found this thread sooner. i really should look at all the threads on the lex more often :lol:
so, i shall definitely agree that SOME guys are definitely confusing/hard to read.

so my problem lately is that there's this guy that i really like but i can't tell if he likes me as just a friend or more than that. some days i think he might like me and others not so much. my problem is compounded by the fact that i'm really shy and so is he soooo yea. :roll: anyway, he lives kinda farish from me so i've never seen him outside of school, but during the week we'd always meet up and walk to our cars together and then stand around in the parking lot for like half an hour just talking. and some days he'd even go out of his way to walk me even if it meant he'd have to double back and go to a different parking lot. and then we'd also talk a lot online. i mean, we have a lot in common so we talk a lot or whatever. anyway, like i said, sometimes he'll say something and i'll just kinda get a vibe from him that he does like me but at the same time i really don't know.

sigh. i wish i were less shy. :?

edit--i guess i'm having a similar problem to carissa haha
Oh, I'm going to make this as short as possible for you and I.

Please don't be offended, but I think he just wants to be good friends. I can't really feel a vibe that makes him attracted to you. He's attracted to you of course, but not in a close relationship. I just can't really see something he does that makes him like you? Because coming from a guy, I would notice the actions a guy does to attract a guys attention, but this is just normal for a guy to do, what he is doing to you.

On the other hand, you stated that you and him are very shy. So, thanks to his shyness I don't think he's done anything that I've seen that makes a guy love a girl so far. So I'm sorry, but I have no idea. Maybe you could give more information and add more specific details?

Thanks for reading.

Your regards,

-Miista.
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image