What's Your OCD?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: What's Your OCD?

Post by CiaoBella »

I am SO very OCD when it comes to lint! If there's lint on my clothes, or on the clothes of anyone else around me, I HAVE to pick it off. (Unless I don't know the person, because I don't think a stranger would take too kindly to me touching them suddenly because I have lint OCD... I just have to force myself to not look at it or it will drive me crazy). It can even be just one little piece of lint (say a piece of white lint on a black shirt... that's the worst) and my eye will zero in on it and I have to pick it off; sometimes it happens without me even thinking about it. The thing is, I've always known that I like to pick lint off of clothes (because I guess to me it looks messy otherwise?) But I never knew that my lint picking was OCD-worthy until a few years ago when I went to pick lint off my friend's shirt, and he moved away and wouldn't let me, and I FREAKED out! (He was just doing it to be annoying, but really... I didn't know how bad it was until I wanted to get the lint off his shirt and was stopped from doing so.) It was like, I couldn't let it go til that lint was off his gosh darn shirt! He thought it was hilarious; I felt like strangling him. But yes, needless to say, I have two lint rollers at my house and use them FREQUENTLY.

Other than that (as if that wouldn't be bad enough?) I cannot stand when I let someone borrow something (a shirt, a book, nail polish.. you name it) and it comes back to me in less than the perfect condition it was when I lent it to them. Makes me so irritated! :evil:
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

I have to say I have OCD when it comes to being on the lex and posting and with checking Perez Hilton multiple times a day. Yes, I know I feel like a loser. Plus I am quick to get addicted to the a new series. Such as BDB. With both Twilight and BDB I get so wrapped up in the books and become totally OCD about them. Having to check all the latest new and websites and things. It is a little out of hand. Plus I am OCD about crumbs on the counter. It really bugs me like nails on a chalkboard.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

I definatly have loads of OCD's a few of mine are...

- I always keep my room tidy I hate not knowing where everything is so everything is always put back in its right place.
- I can't stand it when people are late. I'm always early or on time no matter what. One of my friends is always late by like half hour I know when she says like 15 minutes then to give it about 30.
- I can't sit on public toilets its just gross so I hover or avoid going at all.
- I'm very ocd about my books I hate lending them out so I rarely do, coz most of the time I never get them back or they get ruined :evil:
- I have a morning routine that I follow every morning
- I have to check my emails, facebook etc before I do anything else when I'm on my computer.

There just a few off the top of my head...
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
blondiebronzeeyed
Settled in Forks

Post by blondiebronzeeyed »

Okay this is probably a really weird OCD, but it bothers me to the extreme.

During Christmas whenever families send out Christmas cards, you know how they write on the envelope Mr. & Mrs. Insert last name and family. Okay well I'm an only child and I don't think its neccessary to write and family when its just me. My parents say its easier, but my name is actually shorter than the phrase and family. oh well I guess I'm just weird!
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Hmmm... I know that I have a couple, but now that I want to mention them, I can't THINK of them.

Dishes have to be UBER clean, I suppose. If I see a spot on the OUTSIDE of the cup, the entre thing has to be re-washed. I'm not an overly clean person, but I require my cutlery and dishes to be SPOTLESS.

And if anything goes in a stack or is lined up, the end object has to be the tallest and the last the shortest. That goes for books, cereal boxes, canned foods, etc. OH! And don't even GET me on symmetry! I was trying to pluck my eyebrows and I almost ended up with NONE because I couldn't get them PERFECTLY symmetric.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Good one..

I have to organize everything on my desk before I start working lol.. must be perfect :).
I have to sleep with a stuffed animal in my arms.. weird.
I have to wipe a board off a certain way or else it bothers me..
I have to line things up a certain way.

I cant even explain them all.. I am just weird lol!
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

My closet is color coordinated and each piece of clothing has a special hanger and certain place it must be hung on.
My lip gloss tubes and lipsticks are grouped by brand name, and then lightest to darkest.
I freak out if someone takes something off a shelf and puts it back on a different spot, or borrows something and doesn't return it to me in the exact condition it was in before.
I can never leave a drawer or cabinet even slightly open. It has to be closed all the way.
I eat pizza sideways. (Like, I don't eat it crust-first and I don't eat it pointy-end first... I bite it from the side) I have no idea why. :lol:

I'm sure I have more but these are the big ones.
Image Image
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Okay so here I go,
1. It drives me batty if there is a crack in my cd case which leads me to buying a new jewel case. Where upon I move all the stuff from one case to the other and if that case cracks while I am putting the back paper in I will have to use another.

2. I must absolutely must examine DVD covers when I go to the store and make sure I get one that has the least damage. I suppose this works mostly with the ones that have boxes on the outside of the wrapping.

3. When buying books I buy the ones with best looking covers and can spend an endless amount of time at a book store trying to determine whether "this" book looks better than "that" book.

4. There are dvd's, books, and cds I will not lend to anyone. In fact I don't lend my cd's to people. I am extremely picky about who I would let borrow my books at this point it is highly unlikely I would let anyone borrow them. I would most likely get panicky if some of them were away from me for any extended period of time (Twilight series). Or rather I should say away from my room. On general principle my hardback books are mostly never borrowable. I made an exception with some of my Harry Potter collection for someone I knew would treat my books like they were her own. However, I no longer am in contact with that person so it has a low probability of ever happening again.

5. You steal, runaway with, or cause any kind of damage or harm to my Twilight Series I will hunt you down and hurt you. Okay, I am just kidding but believe me it wouldn't be pretty. I would be so angry...I would call for Edward's and Jasper's help (if only, I know wishful thinking)

Okay that's it. As a side note my boyfriend's OCD's are way more than mine and I am so not kidding.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

BellsEdwardalways wrote:3. When buying books I buy the ones with best looking covers and can spend an endless amount of time at a book store trying to determine whether "this" book looks better than "that" book.
Haha I do that too! I NEVER buy the first book in the row either seems thats the one thats normally been picked up the most. I have to check it's not got an creases or anything before I buy it :roll:
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

x. Jessica-Louise .x wrote:
BellsEdwardalways wrote:3. When buying books I buy the ones with best looking covers and can spend an endless amount of time at a book store trying to determine whether "this" book looks better than "that" book.
Haha I do that too! I NEVER buy the first book in the row either seems thats the one thats normally been picked up the most. I have to check it's not got an creases or anything before I buy it :roll:
It's nice to know I am not alone in my book buying ways.
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings