Waiting For My Soul Mate --Single Adult thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Waiting For My Soul Mate --Single Adult thread

Post by oleander »

i took belly dancing classes a couple of years ago...lord knows i'd never land a man that way because me+belly dancing does not equal sexy results! :oops: :lol:

i had thought about taking a ballroom dance class but all the ones i've noticed being advertised right now require that you bring your own partner. :roll:

my friend met her current man at a handgun safety class. maybe i should take that class. ;)
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

oleander wrote: the grocery store (?? nice cucumber--want to go out sometime?)
I went right to the gutter. Right there. Splash. Now I'm sitting in it. Excellent.

I love dance! I would love to date a dancer boy. My instructor is this beautiful young woman, and one day she randomly brought her husband in to demonstrate ballroom dancing.

He.
Was.
Hot.

Oh, my God. And I don't drool often. Tall, toned, tanned, blondish hair, was able to keep from staring long enough to notice his eyes, I think they were blue, he was IN SPANDEX and he WALTZED. Holy crow.

Part of my problem is I am a very spiritual person. (Not so much religious; I'm part of a group of metaphysicists who meet at a "church" but we really sit around and do healing meditations and talk about what we feel and stuff, it's a wonderful environment for me.) But that isn't something the average person is interested in. It's hard enough to find anyone near my own age who goes that way, much less a reasonably attractive, charming young men. Actually, I know *no* men my age-ish in the community. Much less any I'm attracted to. So that sort of severely handicaps me. I am going to a massive gathering in a couple weekends. All the metaphysics groups in the area are getting together for a picnic. Maybe I'll meet someone I'll fall madly in love with. Hee. <3 Wouldn't that just ruin all my plans. :p

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Ren, that sounds really cool. I'm not the church-going type myself, but i consider myself spiritual.

I took a big step yesterday...when i got on the bus (there's a cute guy who's really friendly on my bus...been trying to work up the courage to talk to him) i left my headphones off for 5 minutes. That's a HUGE step for me. I am never without music. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. Anyway, I ended up getting involved in a silly conversation a few of the regulars were having, so i'm happy with that small step. Maybe today i'll get beyond saying HI to him.

I also answered an online ad. YIKES! I don't know what made me do it since the last one was disastrous. (He saw my picture and stopped talking to me) I guess Gary is right that if i don't try, i'll never know.

Guess it's time to bring back our old motto: "Do it for the story!" ;)
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

Hi all, I am glad I found this thread. I too am single, 30ish and a single mom to boot. All my friends are married, and I am always uncomfortable when we all hang out. I have been on 3 dates in a little over a year, all I started talking to through an online dating service. They all saw my picture, so I didn't think there would be any surprises, but not ONE call me back after we met in person. It gives a girl a complex!! :?

I was married and felt I settled, I don't want to do that again. I would love to find my soulmate, but sometimes I have to wonder is he even out there.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I've been too afraid to try online dating. Most guys don't post much information about themselves and I'm wary of the whole process. I'm all about the overall first impression, and I'm not sure I'd get that online. Even if I did get into the inital talking process, I'd still have the "I met someone online" stigma. Am I the only one that feels this way? I don't want anyone to judge me based on a couple sentences and some pictures. What I disappoint them or vice versa? And I'm not even thinking about the membership fees, that's a whole other story.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Elizabeth, I feel you on the online dating. I tried it but wasn't my cup of tea, I met some really nice guys & some creepers so I'm kind of put off by the whole thing. My ex-best friend met her husband online & they are perfect for each other & she swears by it. The lady who use to do my nails also met her husband online & she to said it was the best experience that she had.

I guess it's a roll of the dice, maybe you'll find Prince Charming or Jeffrey Daughmer. I'm just not willing to take that chance becuase who knows who lying or telling the truth about themselves.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

at least I know what I am looking for now.

I am looking for my Jacob....

I know that my husband will also need to be my best friend. I wouldn't even want someone as beautiful as Edward, I don't think I'd like knowing that every woman would really love to have a piece of my man. :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Brokensoul
Settled in Forks

Post by Brokensoul »

Well i have met someone off of eHarmony.com and we and after our fourth date are currently going out and i couldn't be any happier at the moment. She is a great gal and likes me for me, so whoever says online dating doesn't work well i can say it worked for me and I think I have found my Bella!

( She hasn't read the books yet but wants to see the movie so maybe i can convince her to read Twilight, this is going to be a first a guy suggestion Twilight to a girl lol)
Yes i am a guy and yes i like twilight.