Make Up

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Make Up

Post by BlueStarlight »

What can't you live without? eye liner and lip gloss
What brands do you use?Cover Girl powder and blush, Almay mascara, Avon eyeshadow and liners, all brands of lipstick, foundation- whatever brand I can find my shade in.
What makeup tips do you want to share? I like to apply mascara to the TOPS of my top lashes (the lid side) as well as on the bottom side (eye side); it makes them stand-out.
Your worst makeup story? hmm, don't think I have one.
Are you having a good makup day? I did have a good makeup day.
Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow? hahaha... I am a child of the 80s, but didn't wear makeup til the 90s. I wear blue eyeshadow every now and then, but not heavy.
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Post by ocd4edward »

What can't you live without?
Primer, Mascara, Sun Block

What brands do you use?
Philosophy, Everyday Minerals, Bare Minerals

What makeup tips do you want to share?
Less is more. Use a primer to hold make up in place
When using mineral make up - use a make up sponge after application to "rub into" skin -
takes away the powdery appearance and makes skin look natural.

Your worst makeup story?
Everytime I wear Green eye shadow my car breaks down.
I don't wear Green eye shadow anymore.

Are you having a good makup day?
Reasonably.

Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow? Yes! My sister still wears it, but somehow makes it look good? I look like an idiot with blue eyeshadow. Anyone remember blue mascara - ick.
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

^ I use to have blue mascara, but no more :mrgreen:

What can't you live without?
Eyeliner, mascara and my eyelash curlers

What brands do you use?
Rimmel, Miss Sporty (great eyeliner), NYC for nail varnish, and whatever takes my fancy.

What makeup tips do you want to share?
Either highlight the eyes or the mouth, NEVER BOTH! Keep it simple.

Your worst makeup story?
I once got eyeshadow everywear and it looked like I had been punched.

Are you having a good makup day?
No, my eyeliner be smudged.

Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow?
Blue eyeshadow isn't bad unless it isn't done properly. For my prom I wore blue eyeshadow, I looked good :D
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

What can't you live without? Foundation is the only thing, and I'm out right now and my Mary Kay lady is out of my shade!!! :x
What brands do you use? Mary Kay, Avon, covergirl, whatever really
What makeup tips do you want to share? Listen to Carmandy from What Not to Wear--she is a make-up goddess!
Your worst makeup story? I got sunscreen in one of my eyes, so we had to wash out my eye. So one of my eyes was perfectly done, while the other was all smeared and messed up!
Are you having a good makup day? No, I have no foundation and so I feel so revealed! Foundation is the only must-have for make-up of mine. Take anything else away and I'm fine, but I need my foundation!!
Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow? Blue eyed people can't wear blue eyeshadow. Otherwise, as long as the shade is appropriate and it is used in the correct environment with the rest of the make-up matching it, go for it!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

What can't you live without?Lip gloss and cover up.
What brands do you use?Cover Girl and Maybelline
What makeup tips do you want to share?Replace mascara about every two months.
Your worst makeup story? During a dance I was in the bathroom reaplying eyeliner when someone slammed the door I made a straight line across my face, lovely.
Are you having a good makup day?Don't know haven't checked, okay I guess.
Are you a child of the eighties and want to ban blue eyeshadow?I was born in the nighties.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

What can't you live without? eyeliner and cover up
What brands do you use? ULTA
What makeup tips do you want to share? dont put mascara on your bottom lashes
Your worst makeup story? I poked myself in the eye with eyeliner and started bleeding =] (*points to self* klutz)
Are you having a good makup day? sort of
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

anyone know some really great lipgloss that isn't too expensive? and actually stays on for a while?
randomness bum<3
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

wildroses wrote:anyone know some really great lipgloss that isn't too expensive? and actually stays on for a while?

Oh yes. Rimmel London's Vinyl Lip Gloss is the best ever. It's reasonably priced, too. And it really does last. It's my favorite. It goes on very nicely and feels good. And it tastes like citrus, not plastic like a lot of lip glosses. :mrgreen: http://www.rimmellondon.com/US/products ... spx?id=298 I have it in "Smitten." <33333
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

StupidxLamb wrote:
wildroses wrote:anyone know some really great lipgloss that isn't too expensive? and actually stays on for a while?

Oh yes. Rimmel London's Vinyl Lip Gloss is the best ever. It's reasonably priced, too. And it really does last. It's my favorite. It goes on very nicely and feels good. And it tastes like citrus, not plastic like a lot of lip glosses. :mrgreen: http://www.rimmellondon.com/US/products ... spx?id=298 I have it in "Smitten." <33333
oh thanks! i'll definitely try it, and oo smitten is my favorite, what a pretty shade. :)
randomness bum<3
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I can not believe that there is a thread for make-up. Wow. I think make-up is amazing. Really. I am not one of those people who MUST wear make-up every day, but it makes me feel good... I can do my make-up in 5 minutes if I have to... just the basics :) I love good products, but I hate speding a lot of money on a cosmetic just for the name.

I love lipgloss. I hate glittery lip gloss that you can feel the glitter or shimmer. One product I couldn't live without. Lip gloss / chapstick. It can change my day :)

Oh, and I will have to check out the rimmel lip gloss - let me tell you - don't use the rimmel mascara. I used it once. Two people asked me what happened to my eye. I said my cat scratched me. That was true. Then I got in my car to head home, looked in the rear view mirror and was HORRIFIED!!!! I had racoon eyes and surly everyone thought I'd been beaten as it looked like I had 2 black eyes. Thank goodness I wasn't on a date!

My favorite brand is MAC.

Okay, so now I have to look at everone's post. I got about half way through. hehehe. I have a few minutes before I wash out my hair color... I am so not joking either. Just getting rid of the grey roots...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!