Languages

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
silverstar
Wandering Through Town

Re: Languages

Post by silverstar »

I am bilingual.

My first language is English et mon 2ieme langue est francais.
Words to live by: "If you judge people you have no time to love them"
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi there!
My mother tongue is Italian but I speak also English, Spanish and Portuguese. I can read a bit of French and Irish as well but I can't speak them...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

This is probably not the right place to post this but, has anyone used Rosetta-Stone? I would like to learn Spanish, and i'm just not sure ther's many other ways. The drawback is it's kind of expensive, so does it work?
I'm a pretty fast learner, I think. *laughs*
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

I'm from Bulgaria, so I speak Bulgarian (obviously :lol:) , English and I'm good at German. I'm still learning it, but I know quite a lot of stuff already ;)
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

You people amaze me.
This is what you get for being american though-only knowing English. Well, unless you count pig latin.
I'm in 3rd year Spanish, but am faaaar from being fluent at all. Sometimes I watch the Spanish channels on my tv and am just like, "when did I learn this in school?" And I'll get excited when I can understand a word. "Ah! He said amigo!! I know what that is!!"
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

My first language is Swedish, I'm fluent in English and drowning in Finnish :lol: aka I understand most of it, but have a hard time finding the right words to answer, usually works OK, and sometimes it goes like this:
Little street shop, selling random garden stuff.
Owner: Can I help you?
Me: No thanks, I'm just reading... (vain lukea...) :oops:
I also understand Norwegian and Danish fairly well since they're so close to Swedish.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I only know english. I 'learnt Italian' for SEVEN YEARS in primary school and I can't remember how to say what my name is. We spent the whole time learning about random stuff. We learnt about horse-racing! And coffee! And the courses of a meal! But never Italian. :lol:

I learnt more German in my first two terms of it then in the whole time I 'learnt Italian'. Hallo, meine Katze ist doof. See? SEE?

Sorry, I just had to let that out. Signora better not like twilight and read this. :oops:
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
little-freak
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by little-freak »

bite_me wrote:I only know english. I 'learnt Italian' for SEVEN YEARS in primary school and I can't remember how to say what my name is. We spent the whole time learning about random stuff. We learnt about horse-racing! And coffee! And the courses of a meal! But never Italian. :lol:

I learnt more German in my first two terms of it then in the whole time I 'learnt Italian'. Hallo, meine Katze ist doof. See? SEE?

Sorry, I just had to let that out. Signora better not like twilight and read this. :oops:
your cat is stupid? :lol: very creative :D

if you can't even remember my name is in italian your teacher was probably not the best....
and wow ....pretty good german (as far as i can judge this with only one sentence...)
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

I probably posted a message in this thread already, but who cares?

English and Tagalog's my main expertise, but I can barely speak Tagalog anymore. I can understand it but I haven't been exposed much to the language that I've already forgotten some words.

-Janine
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
newyorkaise
Settled in Forks

Post by newyorkaise »

Bilingual in French and English. Conversational Spanish (studying abroad in Spain right now) and been taking it for 6 years and a half now. I hope to be truly fluent one day!