Page 18 of 19

Re: Languages

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:51 am
by LilyMorgana
paramore wrote:I have a question for those people that do have speak more then one language. What language do you dream in? I mean, for example if you are Italian and now live in North America and speak more English than your native tongue... Would you still dream in Italian, English, or both?


That's a good question. I mostly dream in Dutch but sometimes I also dream in English. I once had a dream wherein I dreamed I spoke Dutch, English and French. When I woke up I realized I had actually formed the right sentences in French. I pronounce languages so much better while I'm asleep then in reality. :lol:

Re: Languages

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:08 am
by dimber
paramore wrote:I have a question for those people that do have speak more then one language. What language do you dream in? I mean, for example if you are Italian and now live in North America and speak more English than your native tongue... Would you still dream in Italian, English, or both?


Well, my native language is Italian but I speak English, Spanish and Portuguese too. Since I work mainly with English I often dream in English. When I lived in Dublin I used to dream more in English than in Italian.
I recall just some dreams in Spanish and Portuguese but just a few...
Usually, though, the dream isn't in one language only...it's just Italian English, than Italian again, than English. :lol:

Re: Languages

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:43 am
by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
I speak Englis as my language.But i am learning Italian at school and are quite enjoying it.

Re: Languages

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 am
by vamp na hEireann
I speak english as my first language,I'm trying to teach myself german but I'm not getting very far,and I've been learning Irish the last 11 and a half years and cant understand a word of it.

Re: Languages

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:56 pm
by Anahi
I'm from Croatia and my mother tongue is croatian. I also speak english fluently. I'm studying french, spanish, german and have been studying latin. :D

paramore wrote:I have a question for those people that do have speak more then one language. What language do you dream in? I mean, for example if you are Italian and now live in North America and speak more English than your native tongue... Would you still dream in Italian, English, or both?


The odd thing is that most of the time I dream on english instead of croatian, I remember once having a dream
on spanish, now, how cool is that... 8-)

Re: Languages

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:43 pm
by hannaa
My mother tongue is actually swedish( here in Finland we have a 5% miniority who speaks swedish) but my finnish is as good as my swedish.
And then I can speak english, getting better all the time :D
And a bit german, danish and norwegian.
I would love to learn speak spanish!

Usually I dream and think in swedish or finnish( depends on where I'm and who I'm talking to...) but sometimes I notice that I think in english too :)

Re: Languages

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:12 pm
by sarah!
My language is English, but at school I am learning Spanish.

Re: Languages

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:24 pm
by Wolf-Girl90
hannaa wrote:My mother tongue is actually swedish( here in Finland we have a 5% miniority who speaks swedish) but my finnish is as good as my swedish.
And then I can speak english, getting better all the time :D
And a bit german, danish and norwegian.
I would love to learn speak spanish!

Usually I dream and think in swedish or finnish( depends on where I'm and who I'm talking to...) but sometimes I notice that I think in english too :)
I think it's so cool that you speak 3 languages! I'd love to visit Finland and Sweden! It's such a beautiful country!

Well, I speak English but also Welsh although it's a little rusty sometimes!
xoxo

Re: Languages

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:32 pm
by debussygirl
vamp na hEireann wrote:I speak english as my first language,I'm trying to teach myself german but I'm not getting very far,and I've been learning Irish the last 11 and a half years and cant understand a word of it.
There's a language called Irish? I thought that was just English!

Re: Languages

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:54 pm
by Dovrebanen
hannaa wrote:My mother tongue is actually swedish( here in Finland we have a 5% miniority who speaks swedish) but my finnish is as good as my swedish.
And then I can speak english, getting better all the time :D
And a bit german, danish and norwegian.
I would love to learn speak spanish!

Usually I dream and think in swedish or finnish( depends on where I'm and who I'm talking to...) but sometimes I notice that I think in english too :)
That's so fun that you're from Finland. I'm from Norway. We're practically neighbours :D *Waves*

So obviously I speak Norwegian. I also speak English quite fluently, since Ive learned it in school since I was 8 and I've lived in New Zealand for a year. I did take German in school but I can't remember much of it.