Braces

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Gemini93
Settled in Forks

Re: Braces

Post by Gemini93 »

Today @ the orthodontist I thought I was just going to get my brackets checked and to get new bands but then my ortho. comes in and pokes around in my mouth with that lil mirror thing for a bit and I hear him say, "Yup, we're gonna need to do something about this overbite"

And the next thing i know I'm getting all these things on my wires and he's tightening them and I swear to goodness I thought my teeth were going to come flying out of my mouth it hurt that bad, which means you know I won't be able to eat anything besides like yogurt and applesauce for the next week. Lovely...
***INSERT WITTY AND CREATIVE TWILIGHT-RELATED BANNER HERE***
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Ugh, I used to have braces. They were terrible. Well, actually, the spacers before my braces were absolutely the worst. Braces themselves aren't that bad but they do get old. I remember how I actually wanted them in elementary school. :lol: Luckily, I only had to have them on for a few months in high school. Like, I got them off in November during my freshman year, I think. Not too bad. I liked the chain the best. Rubberbands were a pain but I got used to them. Now, I have a clear retainer. :P It's worth it to have braces.

For me, after I got my braces off, I had to have my teeth built up. The two teeth next to the two big ones in the middle on my top jaw. Yeah, those had to be added on on both sides. So now, I have some fake teeth. They are so beautiful, though! I love straight, brace-free teeth. :)

For all those complaining about braces, just think about the after math of what your braces will do and how perfect your teeth will look. I mean, I don't really care about looks but it's great to have straight teeth. Haha, and the feeling of getting your braces taken off is amazing... and amazingly slimey!
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

I have braces too, and it's already the third time for me (!!!). Mind you, I'm in my mid-twenties, so it looks...strange... :? But I really wanted straight teeth! I had an accident when I was small (a friend of mine let go of me and I crashed into the concrete floor, kind of smashing up my milk teeth and therby somehow dislocating the teeth that you get after your milk teeth - don't know what they are called in English) and it took some time to straighten everything out... :roll: The teeth kept moving due to all the problems this a accident caused!

My orthodonist is my mum, which is good and bad. I can complain freely whenever something hurts (which is almost all the time) but on the other side it's difficult to argue with her...

Well, three more weeks to go, than I should be brace-free. Yeah! :D

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I went in today and now I have black and orange for Halloween. I saw one of my friends there and she also got black orange(a bit different though since she tracks on top and bottom so orange on top, black on bottom, I only have track on the bottom so that's black the top is black and orange) next time I'm so getting glow in the dark.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
L.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by L.Cullen »

vampire_elf wrote:I have braces too, and it's already the third time for me (!!!). Mind you, I'm in my mid-twenties, so it looks...strange... :? But I really wanted straight teeth! I had an accident when I was small (a friend of mine let go of me and I crashed into the concrete floor, kind of smashing up my milk teeth and therby somehow dislocating the teeth that you get after your milk teeth - don't know what they are called in English) and it took some time to straighten everything out... :roll: The teeth kept moving due to all the problems this a accident caused!
I had an accident when I was little, too. Apparently, I was in the nursery at church, and tripped over a rocking chair. I fell and knocked my baby teeth back up into my gums. I had issues starting with my first permanent tooth and had to have oral surgery and braces from 1st grade through high school. I had a great smile now, just a real pain to get there.

As far as the most painful thing with braces, for me was a spring they placed between my two lower front teeth. I felt my teeth pop closer together. Gives me chills just thinking about it.
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

[quote="L.Cullen] I fell and knocked my baby teeth back up into my gums. I had issues starting with my first permanent tooth and had to have oral surgery and braces from 1st grade through high school. I had a great smile now, just a real pain to get there.[quote]

Poor you! That sounds pretty similar to my accident (I just didn't really know how to describe it!). I also knocked my baby teeth back into my gums and that caused all the problems with the permanent teeth in the upper front. I had oral surgery too (when I was seven - that was painful!) becuase the permant teeth wouldn't break through my gums and then retainers and bracket and then braces and elastic bands (ugh!) to move the teeth (right know I have coloured elastic bands :D ). The smile afterwards is worth all the trouble, though!

Two and a half more weeks to go till I get rid of those braces (if my mum is to be believed)!! 8-)

Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

vampire_elf wrote:Two and a half more weeks to go till I get rid of those braces (if my mum is to be believed)!! 8-)
you ar so lucky!!! another 6 months for me
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

I have set a date with my dentist (my mum) for the removal of my braces: 3rd of November! YEAH! :D Can't wait!

vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

vampire_elf wrote:I have set a date with my dentist (my mum) for the removal of my braces: 3rd of November! YEAH! :D Can't wait!
super amazingness!!!!
I'm happy for you I got my braces off like about 6 months ago so now I have retainers!!
but yay!! you have straight teeth now. my teeth used to be really cricket but now they're straight! :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

Congrats vamp_elf! :D

I had an ordeal at the ortho on Monday. Turns out one of my teeth (which grew in sideways and thus had to be turned using buttons and bands) has very very VERY swollen tissue around it which is bascially engulfing the tooth and will have to be surgically removed. :? Same with some of the gum-tissue around my lowever teeth. The morning of my surgery (we haven't got the appointment made yet, but...) I'll have to go into the ortho and they'll take my wires off, leaving just the brackets on, and I dunno how long it'll be before I get the wires back on. So this sets me back days, possibly weeks.

ugh! ugh! Ugh! :evil:

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione