Braces

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Braces

Post by Dovrebanen »

I had braces when I was in my early teens. It seems my dentist believed I had fangs :lol: I'm missing the teeth right next to my front teeth on both sides because there is just not room for them. There are no open spaces. So I only have the pointed ones in that spot. Appearantly my mouth is too small for all the teeth that are supposed to be there. But point is, I had braces for a couple of years. And it was all for nothing. My smile has not changed one bit. I was happy with it before, and I'm happy with it now. Waste of money.
And I agree debussygirl: It hurts when they are tightened. Other than that I really didn't notice them much.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

oh. my. god. i flipping hated having braces. they suck! i had em for 3 and a half years! all through middle school! the first thing they told me was that i would have em for 3 years and id get the bottom set in 6 months. then, they told me id have em for 2 years. joy! then they said it would only be a year and a half! i was so excited! wow. they lied. 3 and a half years! and i did everything they told me! and then when they took them off, they left a ton of that icky hardened glue on my teeth and the hygienist had to drill it all off. i never want to experience that again. although, my teeth are definitely better now! :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

I remember when I had brace, I hated them. OH THE PAIN! THE AGONY! THE TEDIOUS ORTHODONTIST APPOINTMENTS! but now, when I see other people wearing braces, I miss mine. I looked absolutely cute with braces on. It made me look so much younger. Four years later, I still need to suffer the grueling repercussions of braces; I'm getting my molars removed. Apparently, if I don't, then my teeth will go back to being crooked.
"and the boy loved the tree"
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

My sis got hers off and her teeth and nice and a lot straighter now.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

I get my moulds done tomorrow :( gonna have to have a brace for 6th form
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
Tea
Settled in Forks

Post by Tea »

I had braces in middle school. I hated them; I never liked smiling with braces. But I hated my retainer much more. I had one horrid art teacher who--on my first day of getting my retainer--was screaming at me that she couldn't understand me when I talked. It made me feel so horrid! ):

My two teeth on either side of my two front teeth have shifted slightly since I lost my top retainer, but it doesn't look too bad. My bottom teeth are still perfectly straight and none of my other top teeth are crooked. A lot of people tell me I have a great smile so I don't think the two shifted teeth are that noticeable.

Though.. I kind of wish they had pulled a few top and bottom teeth when they did my braces. My mouth is too small for all my teeth so they are all packed SO tight together. It makes flossing a real challenge/pain. ):

Good luck to everyone getting braces! And to all those who have them.. They might be a pain now, but I hope you will be happy with the results!
<3 zombies!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

nightrunner wrote:I get my moulds done tomorrow :( gonna have to have a brace for 6th form
I'm sorry! Those were horrible, I gagged whenever the did them.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

I hate having braces! Especially the pain when they get tightened.. and I don't like my dentist either, ugh.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

I have to get my braces on in a month :( so like a week before school starts. Just my luck :roll:
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I don't think it's as bad now, because everyone gets them. TV and movies make them look nerdy, but in middle school all the popular people had them. They even started a braces club. :lol:
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com