Stereotyping

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Stereotyping

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

The other day at work a woman was wanting to return something. We're slack about our policy, so we let her, but asked for a bill just in case she had one. She didn't and said it was "thanks to my sons. Teenagers. *scoffs* They're useless."

Ouch. :?
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

I'm blond and have big boobs and im into fashion. This leads alot of people to believe I'm some dumb stuck up bimbo slut and I'm totally not. I'm the biggest book nerd you could ever meet. I'm at uni and I'm really shy around guys I don't know. People think my lifes perfect, that because I'm blond and have big boobs i'm up for sex. I'm Not! Its sooo annoying just like flat chested girls I can't help that I have boobs I can't change that. Girls also gossip about me saying I stuff my bra and im a slut. Grrr :evil: I HATE Stereotyping. I can't help the way I look and why should I change my natural hair colour just so people stop judging me? It's like you can't be you anymore you have to be labled if your not labled and put in your right place people get nervous they can't handle it or something its sad.
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

We are reading Warriors Don't Cry in English right now. Stereotyping is so downright stupid, do you see those people you labeled at home when they are the complete opposite of what you thought?(If you do see them then that's really weird). I'm a bit too unpredictable to be labeled at school but some people label me if they know I have ADD, and don't actually know me. I'm actually writing an essay/article about that because I feel that ADD/ADHD is being stereotyped. I don't stereotype others or group people together because I too am one of those people who have different friends.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
crazycarrie22
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by crazycarrie22 »

hmm, i was actually thinking about how stupid sterotyping is. because i was talking to a friend on the bus and she said something about my very bestest friend, and she says "Oh, that emo girl?" and I was TOTALLY freaked out. nothing against emo people or anything, but my best friend is like the total opposite from emo. just because she wears black doesn't make her emo...!
-I'm on The List-
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Stereotyping is an awful thing to have to deal with but honestly I think we are all guilty of it! I happen to be a 19 year old girl, who's father is a preacher, I was adopted after being in foster care, I'm blonde, I graduated from homeschool, and I've never once been on a date. People tend to think I am some messed up ex-foster kid, who is completely sheltered because my parents never let me out of the house which is why I've never been on a date, and I sit around all day and do nothing but read my Bible, and I am somewhat stupid because of my hair color. Yes, I am an ex-foster kid but I am also very well adjusted, I was sheltered but in a good way and honestly I knew more about the "real world" than most of the other kids I know, I don't think I ever sat around and did nothing for a whole day, yeah I read my Bible but could never do it for to long, and yes I have my blonde moments but who doesn't! Once you get over what other people think it is kinda fun to use the stereotypes to your advantage and make jokes and things!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

I hate stereotypes. I try not to do it, but sometimes I find myself doing it and feel so bad. But about me, I'm Juno: "Honestly, I don't know what kind of girl I am."
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rexin »

Well its basically in human nature to categorize people and things into a certain group according to their appearance. As wrong as it is to judge on appearance, it happens 24/7 with everyone. However I have to wonder...stereotypes obviously didn't pop out of the ground one day. They developed over a period of time. I have a theory that certain people who dressed Goth or Nerdy...whatever, acted out where a witness could have seen them.

Then rumors were spread around and people believed either a lie or truth that they believed would fit in with the style. Therefore making the connection to the style with actions/behaviors. I believe stereotypes have that truth about them. They are extremely loosley connected to such behaviors, but branch out into sub groups of the same large group. EX: a flock of birds, birds fly into a flock whenever they feel, drop out, or drop out and form separate flocks of their own, but travel in the same direction.

Not so different from religions if you think about it. Lucky for me my High School didn't stereotype people much. I myself never fit into anything, XD one girl tried to categorize me and it was so amusing. Couldn't figure me out for the life of her.
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

For the most part I don't really talk to any of the people at my school who stereotype so I have no idea what, if anything people say about me :roll: .
Once in my English class there were a bunch of girls talking about this new girl who is a grade above us. She's on my soccer team, so I kind of know her and she seems pretty nice. But she has the best grades in her class and has first chair in orchestra. Which would lead to stereotyping. So the other girl starts saying how she's so mean and full of herself. But I ask her if she has ever talked to her she says no. :?
Image Image
Edward's_Stalker
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Edward's_Stalker »

i hate stereotyping! i go to a private school because my parents and i want me in a good college. whenever i meet someone new and ask what school i go to, i always answer a little hesitantly because i've learned to expect their response. "OH! you go to that snotty rich-kids school!" it makes me really mad. i'm not rich. my family has been hit just as hard with this economic meltdown. the only reason i still go to that school is because my parents value my education. i also like to wear black and i like purple/navy/black nail polish. and i get stereotyped as emo. when ppl say that it bugs me because they shouldn't label me emo just because i don't listen to the popular (c)rap that they do. *rawr*
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I guess I stereotype as much as everyone else... I try not to! But I go to a school that doesn't have cliques or anything, not that I know of anyway. And I don't know if I get stereotyped or not.
The cultural ones are the main ones. There are cultural stereotypes for practically every ethnic group, I wonder where they all come from?

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D