How do you talk?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: How do you talk?

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

Well I'm from Tennessee so naturally I have that southern Tennessee thing going on..but also when I was in elementary school I talked way to fast so I was put in speach to make me slow down. The funny thing is it didn't reall help me slow down it just sort've countered my Southern accent; so now when I talk it's very subjective, sometimes I have a major accent and others nothing all...
Is that odd??
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Since both sides of my family are connected to the country one way or the other, I have a bit of a southern accent. I've been asked if I am southern which I am not. I never pay attention to it, but it must be very noticeable to others since I've been asked the aforesaid question more then once.

I also I have a big vocabulary. It just came naturally with the reading. :lol: I'm sure it makes me sound out of place sometimes. I also have a problem of mixing up my sentences to the point where they don't make sense, simply don't make sense at all, and stopping mid sentence for no reason. It makes me feel like I have a speech impairment.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
colegurl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by colegurl »

oh my...well you see...i do accents...alot of them...i think they are fun...im from western PA..near Pittsburgh..so i sorta talk like that...and yes, we have our own way of talking over here...haha...but idk..its VERY WEIRD when i speak...its like..speaking normal english isnt the right way for me...i think thats why i do the accents..i feel more comfortable speaking Irish or British or even having a southern accent...i have no clue what is up with that...
o.o
kl1028

Post by kl1028 »

im from jersey so i guess i talk with a accent....i say coffee like cawfee...dog- dawg....that kinda thing....but then when i go to different places and they have different accents- like if i go to tennessee i tpick up a southern accent...
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

MomoLivesInSpoons wrote:^^ Oh! I totally agree. Seriously!!
ha ha! SERIOUSLY!!
ok, i'll stop. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Stacia wrote:I'm from Illinois and around here, most of us, generally don't have an accent at all really. But for whatever reason, I talk with a bit of a redneck twang with a bit of the "ghetto" is what I'm told....Ha! I say sodie not soda, or soda pop....I say howdy and ya'll....I use a warshcloth, not awash cloth....even my closest friends look at me weird sometimes because of how I say something and I'll have absolutely NO idea how or where I picked it up from...

I love to listen to different accents and dialects. Each one is so different...
I work with a person from Chicago and I think there may be such a thing as a mid-western accent. I'll try and explain! When saying 'roof' it doesn't sound like two o's, it sounds like 'ruff'. Ask for the twang, I'm not sure where you go that from! :D You're just unique. But I have noticed that mid-westerners elongate some letters in words and the whole 'roof' thing. I may sound crazy, but look at Tim Allen, he's not from Illinois, but he's got the same kind of accent.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
AmyPyjamas
Settled in Forks

Post by AmyPyjamas »

Doodle wrote:^ I'm from the south of England too and I never think I have an accent, but there are some down here; Cornish, Bristol-ish(whatever that is called) . . . etc. The only time I ever notice an English accent is if that person is on a american show and then it sounds weird to me :D
hmmm i suppose there are some strong accents down here, I love a bristol accent, it makes me melt inside. .London and areas near there though doesnt really have a accent i think. I think some people think we are posh which i just dont hear.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Well I'm from Utah, so now I've developed a Utahn accent. That's when you forget your T's in some words like mountain so it sounds like moun'n.
But I used to live in Washington and it bugged me how some people added R's in their words and say stuff like Warshington.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
kl1028

Post by kl1028 »

or like when they say idear...instead of idea....yea that annoys me
x_mystical_dreams
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by x_mystical_dreams »

i speak with an english accent (being from england) :D
Im from the South of England so i dont really think i have a accent. Its so unfair how people up north have really prominent accents that are really varied.I love the Then down south with havent really got any.
haha southerners do have accents ! not as prominent like gordies or scousers, but you can deffo tell!
i have a northern accent (yorkshire one) lol
:lol: like we say bath, b--ah-th not b-ar-th
and grass, gr-Why are we talking about a donkey? not g-rah-ss

i dunno if anyone knows the arctic monkeys and has heard them speak, i kinda talk like that
or thats what i've been told when i've been on holiday and met other english people lol
but I don't really recognise my own accent like to me it seems normal if you know what i mean?
^ I'm from the south of England too and I never think I have an accent, but there are some down here; Cornish, Bristol-ish(whatever that is called) . . . etc. The only time I ever notice an English accent is if that person is on a american show and then it sounds weird to me
it amuses me too when they have english people on shows like the simpsons and they have ridiculously posh accents cos NOONE here (except maybe the queen and a few ponces) talk like that :lol:
maybe someday I'll come around and tell you
all the things that I never said
with the courage that I never found

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile