Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
PetiteSageHibou
Settled in Forks

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by PetiteSageHibou »

Interesting topic (:

Piercings:

I have my nose pierced, and both ears double pierced. No more piercings for Silence ^_^

Tattoos:

I have one tattoo on my right wrist (: It's a dove outline carrying a sakura branch ♥ Nothing terribly original ^_^ The dove represents peace. The sakura branch represents what it does in Japanese culture: 1. clouds ♥ 2. In a nutshell, it represents the transient nature of life, and appreciating all of the beauty while we can. That sentiment also ties in well with my atheism (:

ImageImageImage
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

I got my nose pierced a couple weeks ago <3 I find it really frustrating about how all the moms I see with strollers ect. give me a death stare when the see my new piercing. Like I'm setting a bad example or something. PIERCINGS ARE NOT BAD they are simple a way to express yourslef and some people should stop frowning on them. Same goes for tattoos. But all in all very happy with it:)

UPDATE: Lost my piercing at school today, lots of blood, really gross. So I go to get a new one put in. This was not the same person who did my original and was really quite rude. But anyway so she says the they have to taper it, I'm like oh wow. She pulls pout a needle with the thickness a little less the size of a pencil(yes, I know.) and puts it in the hole and it hurt like nothing else, didn't work, so she's like I might have to re-pierce, but ill try a different size taper. So her I am panicking that it wil be bigger, bit it's actually a bit smaller and it works. So we basically could've skipped the painful one. And I had to get a pink one. Yes, pink. But it's better than nothing so I'm happy. I can always change it. I just miss my old clear with a small small touch of baby blue:( Stupid kid @ school. Grrrrrrr.
ImageImageImage
Starless*Eyes
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: "Doctor, Doctor, I've got an emergency. It seems I'm head over heels, a case of L-O-V-E."

Post by Starless*Eyes »

Not sure if I've posted here before..oh well.

There's two tattoo/piercing places in my town that I've been thinking of walking to and getting my rook done. This is coming from someone who's never had anything pierced. (well, I've had my ears done when I was a baby but the piercings kept falling out and now the hole's closed.) so if anyone here has their rook done can you just give me the laydown on how easy it is to take care of it, and if it easily gets infected. thanks.
at 18, I'm the youngest and only female in my family without a piercing.

as for tattoos my mum has about 12, maybe more, I've lost count. One day I plan on getting something done too, I'm just not 100% sure yet. It'll probably be a favourite quote of mine or something.
For those with neck tatts, how bad's the pain?
i.heart.Garrett.Hedlund.
"...How I hated to go back to my house, to hide in the dark and pretend to sleep while so many were dying."-Carlisle Cullen<3 Team Carlisle
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Starless*Eyes wrote:For those with neck tatts, how bad's the pain?
As all other tattoo's, it individual.
Mine was pretty nice, didn't hurt much, was more like someone pulling your hair. Though don't go by my experience. 1) I have the least pain when tattooed over bone (common is the more padding the more comfort, not for me) 2) my neck stuff is pretty thin, so it didn't take long or was much at the same place.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
ArtyLinz
Settled in Forks

Post by ArtyLinz »

I have 6 tattoo's, the most significant being a portrait of Marilyn Monroe down my right calf, and a large angel on my back. I love tattoo's they are very addictive!

I don't have a Twilight tattoo, but I know someone who has a quote on her calf "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb, What a stupid lamb, What a sick, masochistic lion." It's pretty cool.
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share".

~ Alice Cullen, Twilight Ch. 16
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Hey. I got that tat I mentioned a while ago. (empty heart with black wings). I also got these stick on studs so I can decide if I think I look good With a Monroe piercing.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
ArtyLinz
Settled in Forks

Post by ArtyLinz »

Sounds cool, you should post a picture!
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share".

blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Yeah ok. I'll have to take a picture first. Do you guys have an opinion on certain kind of piercings?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
ArtyLinz
Settled in Forks

Post by ArtyLinz »

I already have a Marilyn Monroe portrait on my right leg, yesterday had an Audrey Hepburn on my left to match! What do you think? My tattooist is an insanely good artist, I'm really pleased with this!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg612/scaled ... &ysize=640

♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

As of right now, I have:
scaffold on my right ear, diagonally
2 lobe piercings on each ear
and I had a helix on my left ear, but it needs redone.

I've got a bunch more piercings in mind, and next year for my birthday (18) I'm getting the first of about 5 tattoos I have planned.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed