The fashion thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kvampireloverr
Settled in Forks

Re: The fashion thread

Post by kvampireloverr »

I'm so happy that it's getting colder, but here in So Cal it's not saying much, but that means I get to clean all my wellies that have been stored up, all my coats, jackets, wool skirts, and warm tights :D
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Post by loverboyis »

black boyfriend vest, [thank you ae!]
:evil: WAS $34.50 and NOW $24.95
Why is that ware I lived, I bought that vest for $44.50, not including the tax :x
I feel like I just got ripped off. Meh - partly my fault seeing I didn't check the price on the AE site before going to the actual store. Still ... shopping in the Maritimes [Atlantic provinces in Canada] not only brings crapshoot shopping experience (i.e Having to either cross the border to the US for H&M/Zara or travel six hours all the way to Toronto, for an H&M/Zara), but it seems as if prices are higher than the original clothing purchase price in bigger cities.
[/end rant] Lol, sorry, needed to let out some steam :?
Last edited by loverboyis on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
BlackestBlasphemy
Wandering Through Town

Post by BlackestBlasphemy »

Speaking of fashion, I'm repping in a Twilight shirt today ;)
"...the very blackest kind of blasphemy."

heartofmp*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartofmp* »

hmm...I try and stay very classic, skirts, tops..I always try to add one trendy thing though, like a peice of cheap trendy jewelry. I love Ralph Lauren too :) But my biggest thing is shoes. Since its getting fall I get to pull my riding boots back out! And I just bought a cute pair of penny loafers...the guy at the store and my mom tried for like 10 minutes to get me to try them on...I folded and I did like them...so I got them..I've always liked whatever my mom buys me, she predicts whats going to be big next,and no matter what she is always right lol
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Haha, I am no fashonista! I feel strange in wearing new trends. Things that look great on other people look silly on me in my opinion.

I go for boot cut jeans, and comfortable but fitted tops. I wear a cami under almost everything, even if the neckline is not low. I love a great fitted T. My favorite are from Gap. My style is a little like Bella's in the movie, t-shirts, thermals, henleys. I like a good button up shirt too, but nothing gauzy, it has to be sturdy. I get most of my clothes at Gap, Old Navy, AE, and Target. Everything is VERY basic. I wear flip flops, flats, or sneakers. I need some coverse yo, can you ever be too old for converse? I'm not in school any more.

I HATE Hollister and A&F. Their stuff is cute sometimes, but I would have to buy like an XXL to not look skanky. I'm only 120lbs. I like things to be fitted, not skin tight. I also like to keep the cleavage to a minimum. Ha!

When I dress up I'm pretty conservative, its usually tweed slacks and a sweater or something. I love sweaters. I don't get much sweater love in TX though.

I never wear anything I can't wear a bra with.

I think this makes apparent I have terrible style! Haha!
Last edited by lag28wa on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I have a huge range of style but the one thing I can't wear is skirts with no leggings. I have weird legs that I like to keep covered. I have alot of jeans basically but my mom got them and she thinks I'm a size .5 now when I'm really a zero so they are huge on me and I'm not a huge fan of belts in my pants I rather put it on top of my shirt. I need a pair of kackis.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
heartofmp*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartofmp* »

I HATE Hollister and A&F.
I agree! Plus I'd rather not be looking at or greeted by a half-naked person....kind of freaks me out...
simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by simplymortal314 »

lag28wa wrote: I go for boot cut jeans, and comfortable but fitted tops. I wear a cami under almost everything, even if the neckline is not low. I love a great fitted T. My favorite are from Gap. My style is a little like Bella's in the movie, t-shirts, thermals, henleys. I like a good button up shirt too, but nothing gauzy, it has to be sturdy. I get most of my clothes at Gap, Old Navy, AE, and Target. Everything is VERY basic. I wear flip flops, flats, or sneakers. I need some coverse yo, can you ever be too old for converse? I'm not in school any more.

I HATE Hollister and A&F. Their stuff is cute sometimes, but I would have to buy like an XXL to not look skanky. I'm only 120lbs. I like things to be fitted, not skin tight. I also like to keep the cleavage to a minimum. Ha!
My goodness you just described my wardrobe and I am big on fashion. My only issue is that I'm not comfortable going out in trendier clothes. Although I really like wearing high-waisted skirts with a shirt tucked in. Try it if you haven't.
Although when my birthday comes up, my parents are taking me to the Mall of America and are buying me tons of new clothes, that is if I lose weight. There are so many things I want to try, but are a) too out there or b)don't come in my size. =[

For example I am in love with the style Lola on the telenovela Lola, erase una vez has. She basically only wears high wisted skirts and dresses. Then with leg warmers and converse. Did I mention it is all neon? =] And large florals, I love it.
Like:
THIS
and
THIS
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

I love Delia's and AE, those are my favorite clothing stores. I so want this dress really badly:
http://store.delias.com/item.do?categor ... andFilter=.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

I like everything, really. I love simple tee's that I can use all the time I want without them lookin repetitive. I'll buy the same tee in all colors, for example. I can wear it with jeans, shorts.. a jacket on top, and it's always different. I love dresses, and trendy shoes. That's my weakness.
For example my gladiator sandals, i can't get enough of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ ... pto016.jpg

Basically really basic stuff I can accesorize nicely, with a scarf.. nice shoes, or jewelry and a bold handbag.
I was studying Fashion Design, so I just love it all!