Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Writers Central

Post by debussygirl »

Oh, yeah I've wondered why those people don't just write their own story. Makes no sense to me. I usually can't stay interested in fanfic like that, either. I like the stuff that continues the story, changes one part of the story and sees what would happen after, or a POV of a different character.
I don't mind fanfic when it's written to expand on an author's work, but I don't know, just seeing all of those novels based off of Jane Austen sitting in Barnes and Noble makes me mad because they're just riding off of her success. Posting online for people to read for free and to put out your own thoughts on the story is different, though.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
purple_panda
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by purple_panda »

hey,so this is a little off topic, but i need some help. im writing a story, Genzaria, about this girl who falls into the fourth dimension. the guy who takes her there says shes going to save everyone from their evil king. hes crazy, by the way. he was forcefed some magic mushrooms and they made him go crazy. so most often i have him giggling or saying something strange or even rhyming, but im not quite sure how to write about a crazy person. itd be easy if my insanity wasnt controlled. ;)
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Well... There's lots of different kinds of "crazy."

There's "I talk to myself and/or things that cannot talk back" crazy.

There's obsessive-compulsive crazy. "You locked the gate? Are you sure? What do you mean I checked it five times?"

There's "cries at the drop of a hat" crazy. "But... but... You're supposed to save this world!" /wail (Meanwhile the protagonist is going "I just said I was going to use the restroom...")

There's "stares at nothing for long periods of time" crazy. Maybe you can mix this with #1 and have him talk to an "imaginary friend" or something similar.

I would say first try to figure out what kind of crazy he would be, and what the point of it all is. Is he a funny crazy? Scary? Is the trait supposed to endear the reader/protagonist to him, or the opposite?
purple_panda

Post by purple_panda »

lol its definately funny crazy. "'Little frabbingshal flower, don’t cry and don’t cower, your pedals will give Sammy fun that lasts hours!' Bugs shouted in rhymes. 'That’s poetry.'"
Bugs' (thats the crazy guy) insanity does draw Sam (the main character) closer to him, but it also scares her a little bit. Bugs isnt afraid of what he should be. when soldiers threaten him, he just laughs and makes fun of them. yet he insists hes perfectly sane
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Actually, it sounds like you have a good idea of what you want here. Funny crazy usually requires a silly answere or an unreal addition to reality. The hard part will be to make him loveable to Sam. Make some of his interactions come across with an uncommon wisdom so that he is more than just nuts.
Snowstone
Learning to Love Green

Post by Snowstone »

I really need to get organized, I need Storyist or another kind of software like that, well that or always walking with a notepad with everything about my story. While I love moleskines and have a couple of them, it's difficult to have everything there, much less organized.
Help?
My Twitter
Check my little stories and photos, and give me some feedback
My FictionPress Profile
My Deviantart Profile
purple_panda

Post by purple_panda »

thanks everyone!
^what i usually do is: if its a small idea, i just write it on my hand. if its bigger and theres paper or something and a writing utensil, then i can use that. sometiumies i just have to keep thinking about it so i can remember it long enough to write it down.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Snowstone, a bunch of the decent looking Storyist-type programs for Windows were super pricey. Maybe this could be helpful?
http://creative-writing-software-review ... views.com/
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

^^^Thanks, Amanda Beth! Those were very helpful!

Hope all of you had a great Easter!!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I was recommended to come her and voice an idea and question that I had asked in the Science of Twilight forum. I asked, for the sake of fan fiction, is there a concivable way for Bella to become a vampire hybrid some time in the future. I know that as far as is known, in established canon, that it's virtually impossible. But for the sake of a fan fiction that I'm planning, I wanted to know if it's possible.

Some details: Bella will have a mixture of blood and venom in her system, with the venom mostly being secreted by her saliva gland, though trace amounts will be in her blood.

Her eye color will revert back to brown, but with rings around her irises that are gold when fed with animal blood, tan when fed with human food, and black when she's hungry or thirsty. Her skin will regain some color, but will be like a vampire's as far as being impenetrable.

Overall, she'll be halfway between a vampire and a hybrid like Renesmee-she'll keep all her powers and abilities, but will be more "human" as far as blending in.

Anyone think that this could be a workable or worthwhile idea?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/