Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by cullengirl »

I found this note from Kenyon on The Chronicles of Nick website interesting. Take a look:

"**Note to Dark-Hunter fans

The Chronicles of Nick *is* Nick’s real and true past. There is a huge surprise (several actually) in the book that I don’t want to spoil, but when you read the book, everything you think is an inconsistency will make perfect sense to you. More than that, you will understand exactly why Nick is the way he is and why he continues to hate Acheron the way he does. But you have to be patient. All will be clear on May 25, 2010.

Nick’s series will run until it intersects with Night Pleasures and then Nick will have his own novel in the Dark-Hunter world.

Book one, Infinity, begins when Nick meets Kyrian.
Book two will pick up the next day after Infinity ends and will be out Feb 2011.

Remember the one promise that I try to keep in every book: Just when you think you know the truth about a character or event, you find out that things are seldom what they seem. Nick is one of those characters. There’s a lot more to our little Cajun than what you’ve seen to date. That’s why it takes 12 books to tell his story.

There are many, many secrets you’ll learn about a lot of characters, including Cherise and especially Jaden and Jared. Just hold on… you ain’t seen nothing yet :)"
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I got the feeling that "Ambrose" went back in time (using Artie's powers, which he gets from feeding from he rlike Ash used to) to save his younger self from the life he regrets now. I'm having a memory lapse, does Nick know who his father is? Wait, I think he does, but he doesn't know WHAT his father is.

I like that we are going to know more about Jaden and Jared through Nick's series. And I am thinking Kenyon has to redeem him somehow, right?

Maybe changing his past allows him to change the course his life is on? I just hope something happens to repair Ash and Nick's relationship. I was shocked when I read Ash's book and saw him through Tory's eyes. But through it all, Nick has always found a way to be "good" in small ways. Maybe that means there is hope.

Thank you Naureen!!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

To be honest, I haven't finished reading Nick's book yet but thanks to Una, this information has peaked my interest more and I so want to learn more about Jaden and Jared.

I guess I need to start my power reading again but like fan, I hope that the relationship that Nick and Ash had can be repaired and a possible relationship may develop between Nick and Simi may happen (even though I think Ash with put up serious road blocks and do whatever he can to keep that from happening).
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

fanMNM wrote: I'm having a memory lapse, does Nick know who his father is? Wait, I think he does, but he doesn't know WHAT his father is.

I think we really don't who his real father is. There was a big bomb dropped at the end of Jericho's book. Gah! I need to reread it, but I know that it's at the very end.

Please refresh my memory, who is chained and under the control of Stryker's wife? I keep confusing Jared and Jaden for some reason. :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I remember the bomb you are referring to in Jericho's book...but didn't we see Nick's father in Infinity? Wasn't he the guy in jail? The current Malachai? I know we don't know what role he plays in the DH world, but that guy was Nick's dad right? He's the guy who Nick's "friend" is working for. (Can't remember the kid's name..and I gave my sister the book to read so I can't reference it right now)

Do you think Nick's going to change his path in the books to far by going back in time? Is SK going to have to give him a whole new path in the book she gives him as an adult because he's gone back in the past and changed things?

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I don't know but that is the outcome I am hoping for. That he is able to change something that allows him to reconcile later with Ash and give him an HEA. However, I am sure it won't put him back on track for the life he lost nor bring his mother back.

Jared is the property of Striker's wife. Jaden is the demon who belonged to...those other evil dudes. (Sorry, I can't remember them...but there were Sumarian gods maybe????).
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

fanMNM wrote: But didn't we see Nick's father in Infinity? Wasn't he the guy in jail? The current Malachai?
Well, that's the info about his father that Kenyon gave us, but I don't think we ever saw him. "Ambrose" is who Nick's "friend" is working for and that's not his father.

I can't help but think that the lawyer who got Nick and company into the jail is Jaden. There was something about that phone call that said a trade/bargin must be made. The chained person could still be Jared. What would happen if Jared was Nick's father? :o :shock: Kenyon would go there!
Do you think Nick's going to change his path in the books to far by going back in time? Is SK going to have to give him a whole new path in the book she gives him as an adult because he's gone back in the past and changed things?
I hope so. I think going back not only makes the reader understand where Nick is coming from, but also for him to realize how he can change. Do you think that the gal in the end is his HEA? Is that why "Ambrose" didn't remember her?
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Just popping in. I've been skipping all the posts b/c I STILL haven't read Nick's book. It's actually NEXT on my pile, so hopefully next week I can join in on the discussions.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

cullengirl wrote:
fanMNM wrote: But didn't we see Nick's father in Infinity? Wasn't he the guy in jail? The current Malachai?
Well, that's the info about his father that Kenyon gave us, but I don't think we ever saw him. "Ambrose" is who Nick's "friend" is working for and that's not his father.
"Ambrose" is Nick in the future. Nick's friend is Caleb (the demon - one who turns into a crow) and he works for Nick's dad. We see the crow (Caleb) fly to the jail and talk to Nick's dad.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl

Post by cullengirl »

Right. I got my quote marks mixed up. I meant Caleb, but couldn't remember his name! I don't think we've ever seen his father.