Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by Addicted »

I definitely think we should keep this thread, not start another one for FA, but rather just talk about FA in here. I already have a hard enough time as it is keeping up with all the threads & sites that I have signed up for/am following. :ugeek:
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nothing new from the WARDen but I started thinking about Darius again.

I remember Rhage (when talking to Mary) that a male knows when a human female is fertile and they avoid them because they don't want to have children. Now, think about Darius. He last many of his children and it seemed (or it appeared) that they were mostly half-human. Why would he purposely try to have children, with humans knowing the infant mortality and possibility of them not surviving transition? I know he loved Beth's mother. However, before Beth's mom, why? What do you guys think?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Your right!!!!
That never even occured to me, but now that you bring it up I totally remember Rhage saying they stay away from fertile women & I also remember Darius saying he lost many children. Hmmmm....Wonder why he would do that & so often too. :?
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Exactly! The more I think about it, the more explosive I think the realization that JM = Darius will be for not just JM but ALL the brothers. It seems as we have read that Darius really kept the brotherhood together and when he died, by Wrath having them live together helped to bind them. Plus the fact that Tohr stepped into the lead. Then Tohr has his breakdown in losing Wellsie and Z, I feel, is kind of keeping things moving along with help from the sober Phury and V. But JM became the center of the brothers in a way when they adopted him in after Tohr left. They all seem to keep an eye on him, Wrath giving him Qhuinn as his guard and such. I wonder how the dynamic will change when they all find out he is Darius and isn't. Because even if he realizes he is Darius returned, he still has all the life experiences of being JM to deal with too.

*loud screaming* There SO much going on with Xhex, JM/Darius, Lash, etc, and we have a YEAR to wait!!!!!

Oh, and no news from the WARDen.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

una wrote:Nothing new from the WARDen but I started thinking about Darius again.

I remember Rhage (when talking to Mary) that a male knows when a human female is fertile and they avoid them because they don't want to have children. Now, think about Darius. He last many of his children and it seemed (or it appeared) that they were mostly half-human. Why would he purposely try to have children, with humans knowing the infant mortality and possibility of them not surviving transition? I know he loved Beth's mother. However, before Beth's mom, why? What do you guys think?
These are great questions and thoughts. Without going back and re-reading... Part of me is wondering if that is just "author error." The mention of Darius and his whole part was at the very beginning of the very first book. I'm wondering if these issues weren't thought of (knowing women are fertile) until later in the writing timeline.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Addicted

Post by Addicted »

Could have been an overlooked written mistake, but I dont think it was.
Hasnt the Warden said that she had most of the whole story lines already planned out in her head? That even Z's book was supposed to be the last or atleast 6th & when she only got a 3 book deal at 1st, she bumped his up to make sure his was published. Ya know, he's the best & all.... ;) Just seems to me that the Darius/JM story line would have already been in her head when she wrote the 1st several books.
una

Post by una »

Hi all, I don't think it is a mistake this time. I think JM/Darius is one of the characters that the WARDen has had planned for a while (like Tohr). I think that is why I am so eager for JM's book. It's been a long time coming, you know?

No news from the WARDen, however, I did get notification on FaceBook that there is a new contest for a book giveaway. It's for the IG. I checked the website and there was nothing there. As soon as I have something concrete, I'll post!
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

I'm on vacation and suffering from everyone being out of state and me having nothing to do, so I've been reading. I got through the first three BDB books this very weekend alone. So... the point of this? Hello.... Darius/JM!

Some things that I want to find out about Darius/JM in LM:
1. Why does he (as JM) already bear the Brotherhood star on his body when they are to receive that upon their initiation?
2. SV told Darius in the Fade that he would become reborn but with "one token of faculty" as a sarcifice (among this such as having no memory of his past). Is this "token of faculty" really his voice, or is that just what Ward wants us to think until we see that it is something far greater. It seems to me that SV (although it seemed like she was partially fond of Darius) would have that "token of faculty" be slightly more severe than just his voice in addition to the whole lack of memory(because... really, does that affect his life as JM? no... not yet atleast even though it is noted that when he saw Beth for the first time he believed that he recognized her features of a beloved one).
Oh, and I think it would be impossible for him to be able to speak (unless maybe SV gives him that power) because he says that he was "born without a voice box".
3. Finally, Do you think that like his dream(when he's going up to his name on the Tomb wall), they are actually going to accept him into the Brotherhood? So far he hasn't been all that reliable. I mean, I LOVE JM and all... but I just can't see the brothers trusting them with their lives unless he proves to them that he is 100% trustworthy. And even if that does happen, will he accept being apart of it? (he is having his HEA with Xhex isn't he? Can anyone picture her living in the Mansion?)

just some thoughts/questions/observstions from reading nonstop.
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

You have a lot of good points, there, but I'm just going to talk about this one for now:
Conzoni al vento wrote: 3. Finally, Do you think that like his dream(when he's going up to his name on the Tomb wall), they are actually going to accept him into the Brotherhood? So far he hasn't been all that reliable. I mean, I LOVE JM and all... but I just can't see the brothers trusting them with their lives unless he proves to them that he is 100% trustworthy. And even if that does happen, will he accept being apart of it? (he is having his HEA with Xhex isn't he? Can anyone picture her living in the Mansion?)
I don't see where he hasn't been reliable or trustworthy. I think they trust him, he's just a hot-head sometimes. I don't think the other brothers trusting him 100% would be an issue - look at how they feel about Z in the first couple of books. And you can see that they are all aware of each other having certain problems. I don't think JM would be any different for them in that way.

I expect any opinions I make now about how Xhex will want to live, & whether JM will want to join the brothers in the mansion, will be totally ripped apart so many times in the book when it comes out. Each of the brothers, & their shellans, have changed a lot in their book. I don't think there's any way to predict what JM will be like after the events of his book.
una

Post by una »

Nothing new on from the WARDen.

I think when JM was dreaming of seeing his name, it could be a premonition courtesy of the SV so he would be able to connect with the Brothers. Or it was a mix of past and present, Darius is NOT his warrior name...what was it? Was Darrius, Tehrror?

Phury is a brother and because of his role as Primale, he doesn't live with the Brothers. If JM became a brother, he wouldn't have to live in the mansion, Tohr didn't. Also, who is to say that he becomes a brother in his book. What if that happens later? Also, remember the stories of Rhage (Z is also a good example) they were unpredictable, hot heads too and they were inducted. You can be a hot head and still be trusted to do a job and be able to do the job. JM will be a brother, of that I have no doubt, the question is when. My caveat is; what does that do to Qhuinn? Does Qhuinn continue to be a bodyguard for a brother? I doubt Qhuinn becomes a brother. I see him and Blay being soldiers. I remember (and I can't recall if this was from the WARDen or in the books) but that before (long before) there were a handful of brothers that commanded soldiers. They are currently trying to build that back up again. They will need Brothers, but also high ranking soldiers to help lead and train the young ones.