Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by Nena »

A thread to discuss the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series (BDB).

This is an adult Romance series and thus contain mature scenes and themes. That being said, this is a PG-13 site. Keep it clean girls.
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Adult Thread ~ BDB series ~ Bow chika bow

Post by ashiekins16 »

I just have to say that I am excited..April 28th is almost here.
I can't wait for Rehv's book.
I'm still trying to get my sister to read these books.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, so, we reached a new thread :) Yay!

Quick question...there hasn't been another book scheduled for release except Rehv's right?

Thank you Naureen!!
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

I heard that there is supposed to be the next one in like October or so..but thats not 100%
If its not on J.R Wards site..its probably not a positive.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

I found the new thread!

ashiekins16, that's almost certainly not true. J.R. Ward is working on another series now as well as the BDB, so we're not getting them as close together. Maybe it's the first in her other series that's coming out in October?
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Yea, I found the new thread - now I must post so I'll get the updates!

I was searching Amazon and found out 1) there is no Kindle version of Rehv's book at this time (for pre-order or otherwise) AND 2) the paperback version isn't coming out until Nov. 29, 2009!!!! I CANNOT wait that long! Maybe we'll have to buy a hardcover and send it from person to person so we can all read it!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
dragon-girl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dragon-girl »

The thing I don't like about buying hardcovers, twimom, is that I read these books so quickly. With it costing so much extra for a hardback, it just doesn't seem worth it sometimes. I know I'll really love the book, and I'll be so glad to get it without waiting months for a paperback, but if it then only takes me 2 days to read it, then it does seem sort of like a waste at the end.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Today's Quote:
  • 4/14/09: "You're bleeding." (To Wrath.)
:shock:

I'm thinking what I can do is the day before the book release, I'll repost all the quotes in order so we'll have them here. If you guys want to comment on one or all of them right before, then we'll have the info in one place. Here..on our fabulously brand spanking new thread (Yay & thank you Nena!!).

TwiMom I understand the frustration. I am on the waiting list at the library but I'm WAY down on the list. I'm hoping my friend "Bookbuddy" will break down and buy it so I can borrow from her. Grrr...books must match and look pretty on the shelf... One thing that the WARDen has said is that she doesn't want her fans to feel pressured to getting the hardback, since it is more money. But she does understand the frustration of having to wait six months for the paperback version.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

dragon-girl wrote:The thing I don't like about buying hardcovers, twimom, is that I read these books so quickly. With it costing so much extra for a hardback, it just doesn't seem worth it sometimes. I know I'll really love the book, and I'll be so glad to get it without waiting months for a paperback, but if it then only takes me 2 days to read it, then it does seem sort of like a waste at the end.
Exactly!! The only books I bought in hardcover are Twilight Series and the HP series. I don't mind the hardcover b/c it's for the WHOLE series and I display them and re-read them. So, those are okay. But for BDB - nope. Not to mention the whole OC issues!!

So, Wrath is bleeding... This one could be after a fight - maybe he goes out with the gang.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I think it's funny that we all share a similar need for our books to be the same, whether hardback or paperback :) I always thought I was so weird because I wanted them to look alike on the book shelf! Glad to know I'm not alone in the weirdness :lol:

Una, thanks for agreeing to repost the quotes for the new thread! I'd appreciate that!!

For today's quote, I agree with twilightmom....it could be any of the Brothers after a fighting session...although Wrath isn't really supposed to be out fighting any more, so I'm thinking it was something serious enough to get him out there. It could be Beth saying it to him as well, after his return back to the compound or something? Maybe it's a personal moment between Beth and Wrath and it's after she's fed from him?

Thank you Naureen!!