The British thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: The British thread

Post by dazzledBrit »

Guess everyone knows the BAFTA show is available online in the UK?

BAFTAs on BBC iPlayer
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Depends where you're applying to, to how early your application has to be in thouhgh... I knew I'd NEVER get into Cambridge or Oxford so didn't bother applying there... thank heavens as you have for apply really early for that (as well as if you are applying for a dentistsry course)

My future is nearer than yours Alexa... I willl hopefully be going off to uni in sept/oct!!
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

Alexa, yeah.. I have kinda realised :lol:

I think for me it depends on what I do best in at the end of this year. There's no subject that I really want to do more than anything any of my other subjects.

As for Uni's, I don't want to stay near home but know which ones I want to apply to if I do. Other than that I'm lost.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

When it came to applying to uni for me... it was getting as far from my sister as possible... we have both applied this year and we have said we are not going to uni's near ach other... luckily none of our choices do the course the other wants to take :)

And by the end of year 10 I knew what I wanted to do.... I always knew I wanted to become a teacher, but by the end of year 10 I was set on becoming a maths and physics teacher.

~♥~ Pixie ~♥~
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

A.H wrote:Alexa, yeah.. I have kinda realised :lol:

I think for me it depends on what I do best in at the end of this year. There's no subject that I really want to do more than anything any of my other subjects.

As for Uni's, I don't want to stay near home but know which ones I want to apply to if I do. Other than that I'm lost.
What do you want to do as a job? Any ideas? I saw quite a few people go through Uni with no idea and it isn't great. If you choose your course with a career or some potential careers in mind, at least you can then make the most of it.

Heading to Forks soon...
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by despoina92 »

Hello! I am Deb!

I am moving to the UK next year for studies. How is life there? I'm most likely to be in London (that's where my firm is). Does any of you live there?

Thank you!
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

I live in West Berkshire (60 miles west of London) but am often in London....I was there yesterday to visit the Royal Academy with my Mum. :D

Heading to Forks soon...
despoina92

Post by despoina92 »

So what is the place like? Is it crazy like people describe it? I just want to know who is living in this city and generally in the UK. I haven't been in the UK before (I only have a cousin there who lives in Glasgow) and I'm really anxious 'cause I'm going to live there for the next for years, at least.
dazzledBrit

Post by dazzledBrit »

London can be great. 8-) Lots of nice places - parks, the Embankment, etc - and loads of things to do (art galleries, sightseeing, walking, nightlife, etc, etc). It has it's downsides of course, but which city doesn't? Rent and property in London is expensive....any idea where you'll live?

Heading to Forks soon...
despoina92

Post by despoina92 »

I'm actually going to live in the halls next year in South Kensington. Given the uni is in this area, I think the years after that I'll be living nearby. I hear it's a good place to live but also very expensive and I'm pretty anxious about this part...