What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Re: What are you reading?

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Just finished Last Sacrifice. Ugh! I'm literally about to cry. The series ended too soon! I need just a little bit more.

Does anyone know ANY other books as awesome as Vampire Academy were? It doesn't have to be about vamps and things like that. I just don't know what I want to read next.

I've looked up some books similar to VA and now I have the first book to 3 series. House of Night, Morganville Vampires, & Vampire Kisses. I don't know which to start first and which are good. I've looked at the Blue Bloods series but it didn't realy catch my attention.

@Desiree: It wasn't what I expected it to be either. I love them way more than I thought I would. I've had the first 5 on my Nook for months and I could punch myself in the face for not reading them sooner!
Last edited by BlueStarEgo on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I'm in the middle of Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

^^I love that book. How are you liking it, The girlie-wolf?

I finished a few books this weekend: The House of Wisdom by Florence Heide and Kill Shakespeare by McConnor. Both are really good and very different. I thought I'd take a break on contemporary fiction and read Silas Marner by George Eliot.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Now reading:

1) The Girl Who Played with Fire, by Stieg Larsson. The second book in the Millennium trilogy is looking to be nearly as good as the first. The mystery/thriller elements in Larsson's books, while well-done, not what make them stand out for me. What's different is, first, the setting--Scandinavia is a very different locale for someone used to books set in either the US or the UK. Second, Lisbeth Salander, who remains a very original and intriguing character.

2) The Lost Soul of Higher Education, by Ellen Schrecker. This is a book about academic freedom issues in American colleges and universities. Pretty good for anyone interested in the issues it covers.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
LadyGhost06
Wandering Through Town

Post by LadyGhost06 »

I am currently re-reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I am also re-reading Rurouni Kenshin by Nobuhiro Watsuki.
"I'll walk forever with stories inside me that the people I love the most can never hear."
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I've started Glass Houses, the first book in the Morganville Vampires series.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Night Star by Alyson Noel. It's a bit slower than I expected but it's starting to get there
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Still reading Glass Houses.

I've read Vampire Kisses and I've started the 2nd book in the series, Kissing Coffins.

I'm also reading Marked, the 1st book in the House of Night series.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Reading Palace of Mirrors by Haddix (one of my students gave it to me and wanted me to read it...I figure it's only fair since they have to read the books I pick...LOL)

Then I'm starting the Vladamir Todd books...

Always looking for good books to put in my middle school library!!

Thank you Naureen!!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

The Dead Girls' Dance, the 2nd book in The Morganville Vampires series, Betrayed: the 2nd book in The House of Night series, and still reading Kissing Coffins.

I should be done with The Dead Girls' Dance sometime today and then I'll be moving on to book 3, Midnight Alley.