What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: What are you reading?

Post by pennybug84 »

The Forgotten Locket by Lisa Mangum
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Just finished the first in the Anita Blake series by Laurel K Hamilton titled Guilty Pleasures. Definitely not for YA readers.
Banner by TammyAZ
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I really hope I like it more than I did Wuthering Heights.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

In my humble opinion, Jane Eyre is WAY better than Wuthering Heights. They are WORLDS apart. I hope you like it! It's one of my favorites and I can't stand WH...BLECH!

I am reading The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

pennybug84 wrote:Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I really hope I like it more than I did Wuthering Heights.
I forgot to say, if you like Jane Eyre and if you've ever read and liked Jane Austen, I would also recommend The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte.

I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I finished The Lying Game by Sara SHepard. I think Never Have I Ever is next on the series' list.

I'm also still reading Shadow Heir by Richelle Mead. It's the last in her Dark Swan series.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

Songbird wrote: I forgot to say, if you like Jane Eyre and if you've ever read and liked Jane Austen, I would also recommend The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte.
I'll add that one to my (ever growing) list of books to read. Thanks! I did like Jane Eyre more than WH & I've read a few Jane Austen.

Currently reading The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane. When I was in high school I saw a lot of kids having to read it for class but I somehow never had to so I decided I wanted to read it. And I decided I wanted to read some of the classics that I've never read &this was just the first one I picked.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on here! I always love the book recommendations, you guys have such wonderful taste!

I just finished number two in the "I Am Number Four" series by Pittacus Lore and I really liked it, can't wait for the next one -- hate those cliff hangers!

Also, I read the book "Seers" by Heather Frost and I REALLY fell in love with this new series! It's about a girl who survives a car crash that killed her parents, and now she can see auras around people. She is able to tell what emotions they are experiencing by the colors that are swirling around them. She also discovers that she is now hunted by Demons that want her for her new-found gift and there are Guardians that are trying to protect her (including a really hunky one with an Irish accent). :) So, go out and get this one -- can't wait for the next book!!
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

pennybug84 wrote:The Forgotten Locket by Lisa Mangum
Hey Penny, I just got to meet Lisa Mangum! She's very nice and down to earth. I've read the first two books, just waiting for "The Forgotten Locket" to come up at the library. Can't wait! I love Dante. *swoon*