Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals : Full Moon Baking

Post by fanMNM »

Happy Birthday Bewitched!

Thank you Naureen!!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Hello!! *echo "Hello... hello.. hello"*

The gutter needs resurrection! Any gutterites out there? come on play you guys. We can even start a new thread if you want :hello:

Nena
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

HELLO! I heard a rumor that Ladi Di might be lurking around here. Maybe some the oldies like myself. I've been busy reading, stressing over kids and aging parents and trying to lose weight. :banghead: What else is new?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Nena

Post by Nena »

Speak no more about losing weight :( Hubby and I started to get healthier about 3 weeks ago, we don't have a very strict diet but we have eliminated a lot of junk foods, like processed foods, soda, sweets, etc..
Anyway 3 weeks later, he's down 16 lbs and I am down 1! Seriously? 1lb?
Oh, and I have been going to the gym 3 times a week... him: zero.

Where is the justice?!

Haha! Is good to be back!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

LOL, it's like that diet pill commerical. Where the guy loses weight from not eating/drinking certain foods and the lady only gains more weight.

Ugh, I can't even get motivated to move. I know I should, but I'm just not in the mood. At least I'm drinking more water and it makes a big difference I must say!
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

LadyDi? Where? ;>
My other avenues of communication have been temporarily cut off (cue swearing) and so I return to the purple scene where it all started.
Weight loss - we don't actually own a scale (I don't count the Wii balance board) and I've been doing the water and the Just Dance nightly routine, although doing work-related work has thrown off my exercising. 1 lb? That is unfair Nena!
Have people here entered the "meet Stephenie Meyer" contest? I did it once, meant to do it again (I think you can do it once a day), and haven't done it since. I wonder what Qs haven't been asked of SM yet that she'd hear at the event? I've daydreamed of bringing her boys presents so that they get something while mom's away. What Qs would you ask that haven't been asked over and over before?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I met Stephanie at the local signing for Eclipse... you know, back when she used to tour? She was lovely. I was in the last 1/3 of the line and by the time I got up to the front, my girlfriend said, "We went to BYU." I added that I was an English lit minor. Without looking up she asked, "What year did you graduate?" When we let her know it was back in the late '80's, she finally looked up from the stack of books she was signing and said, "FINALLY! Someone who graduated before the year 2000." Having engaged her, I asked, "Do you ever have trouble coming back to the real world after you've been writing?" She told me that she definitely did. It was really hard to spend the afternoon with Edward and Jacob and then realize you had to go make dinner. That pleased me since I had the same trouble reading the books and then stopping to you know, actually mother my kids. :oops:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Nena

Post by Nena »

I love your stories Nissan! Even thought we talk almost everyday, we never talk about these amazing stories. I knew you had the chance to meet Stephenie back in the day but I didn't know your whole story... that's so neat!

LadyDi, don't we all love the purple essence of our friendship? lol you are so funny! I'm so glad you are still able to make it through this channels now that "caralibro" is being stupid (haha, come on, it's spanish, it should be easy!)

Cullengirl. I was just thinking of that commercial! It's exactly like that... well, and I think my husband has more weight to lose than me, so maybe that is also affecting but yeah, come on! so not fair!

I have had the chance to see SM 3 times, I always get so nervous in front of her, but the last time we had a pretty nice chat.. I asked questions about the New Moon movie, which at the time was in pre production... she was so excited. She had just barely met the guys that had audition for the pack members... oh man! those were the days, if I could just turn back the time a bit :)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Oh My GOSH!!!!
You are all back???
SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!
:swoon:

I have always dreamed of meeting Stephenie, but I didn't enter the contest. I will leave that for a younger girl for whom it will be a life altering experience.

Jules, that is such a wonderful story! Lady Di, I have often wondered how she keeps up with her family with a schedule like hers. I think it must be a very hard balance to keep.

Nena, I won't even go there. :lol:
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I met SM twice: EC signing in Skokie, IL. I was completely blown away how many people showed up. It was over 300 and there was no where to sit at all! I had asked a question about Carlisle and how could he not taste blood when he changed Esme, Edward, and Emmett. Now I can't remember the answer. LOL, sorry. :lol:

I also met her for the BD signing in Chicago. Yes, Openhome, it was before I actually let BD sink in my brain and fester. I handed her the Gutter cookbook and told her it was from the lex. She looked at me trying to figure out who I was on the Lex, but I didn't get a chance to say anything because her publicist was pushing people along.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!