The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Post by Amanda Beth »

For those who don't read THG forums, that girl recanted. Guess she got caught in a bit of a lie.
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Hey Guys! Sorry, I haven't been as active here as I want to be... but life calls...

I thought you guys would enjoy this vid shown on Mockingjay.net. It's a very, very, very well made fan video. And it made me cry.... http://mockingjay.net/2010/11/16/the-hu ... instaypro/
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone!

I just finished the trilogy, so I have to catch up on all you've been discussing. It looks like mostly movie news - Have you discussed just how they're going to handle ALL that violence? I'm mean it's pretty gruesome. Don't get me wrong, I loved the books!!!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Amanda wrote: I did name her daughter Madge. Even though she's dead it wasn't a death Katniss saw and I felt since Madge really want the reason behind the mockingjay I thought it would be nice. And I think the son would be named after her father--they had such a great relationship and a lot of people are named after their grandparents.

In my story I named the daughter "Grace" and the son "Sage". Because the names have several meanings that I think an adult and mostly healed Katniss could appreciate.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

lol really? I named him Sage too. How random.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Great minds and all that I guess.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Just popping in to say I finished the first two books, practically devoured them. Finally off to the last one, I don't want to start it yet though, I have things to do this weekend and I'll never get them done if I start.

Great series.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Finished the series yesterday, what a great read that was. I'll probably post some of my thoughts later.

BTW, recent rumors had Hailee Steinfeld as a serious contender for the Katniss role. Lainey Gossip is now reporting that Jennifer Lawrence is closing in on the deal and had given a reading of Katniss that blew everyone away.

Whoever they pick, they need to do it quick. I think filming is supposed to being within the next couple of months.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Jennifer_La ... =0&CelID=0
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

debussygirl and I both post on mockingjay.net if you want to have more people to talk to about it. :)
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Amanda Beth wrote:debussygirl and I both post on mockingjay.net if you want to have more people to talk to about it. :)
Sure, I might do that. :)

I read your fanfic chapters for Mockingjay, and I thought you did a very good job. You hit two points just right that I strongly agreed with, but I’ll stick them in the invisible font in case someone else decides to give them a look.

1) Haymitch had a strong hunch what Katniss was up to at the end.
2) Katniss eventually finds she needs Peeta at night to help quell her nightmares, which is how they really start getting back together again.