The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Hunger Games/Catching Fire

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

^^
:lol: :lol:
I love your avatar!

-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Why, thank you. :lol: I made it myself in paint.

Catching Fire and the Hunger Games UK covers don't really look alike, if it weren't for the titles, I wouldn't guess they were 'related' and from the same series. Although they do look lovely. :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

It's September 15th! We can talk now!
I thought I would have missed all of this conversation, and I haven't!
So anyone care to begin?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

There was so a hole!!! It may not have actually been big enough for Gale or Peeta to stick even their pinkies in, and Gale wasn't ever there, but there was mention of a hole! It just happened to be in a tree.
Mmm, and there was frosting too! I want Peeta to make and frost me some tigerlilly cookies... :D
-Jasper
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

We can talk with spoilers? Yay! I completely forgot about looking out for mentions of holes. Will pay more attention to that when I reread.

*SPOILERS*

Did anyone expect them to go into the Quarter Quell? I half did, half didn't. To be honest, I was expecting more of the Rebellion and trouble with the Capitol, and that only came later in the book/in the background (mainly). I didn't expect another Games, really. There just weren't enough pages left in the book for there to be another Games. And when I was 20 pages from the end, they were still in the Games ... the ending was so fast. There is no D-12? Did Madge get out? They're going to D-13 ... will they join the rebellion? I really don't know what to expect for the 3rd book, unlike CF.
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Yay, we can talk about the book now.

**SPOILER**
I was so not expecting Gale to show up in the end. I mean she was so romantcally confused throughout the whole thing. I was half expecting Gale to be the one conveniently killed or kidnapped.
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^I thought it would be Peeta, because of the Quarter Quell thing. I was almost crying once they announced the Quarter Quell, because I thought there was no way that both of them could live, and Katniss obviously couldn't die in the second book when there's still a third one. I thought she was going to be with Gale.
But I really like the ending! I mean, I know it sucks we have to wait for the next one, but it was enough closure and at least they're alive (well, some of them). And it wouldn't be fun if we didn't have to wonder and worry about the next one.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Post by danobanano »

So what if Gale is there at the end, what does this mean for Peeta? How will Katniss handle having Gale help her to save Peeta? Is Cinna gone for good or simply being held for later? What about Madge? I'd like to know if she made it too. Do you think something happened between her and Gale during the Hunger Games? Does she have a secret crush on Gale or was it just the memory of Madge's aunt that persuaded Madge's mom to send Gale the pain reliever?

Does Katniss just love the boy she's with the moment she's with him? or is this a classic case of Gale was the past before the Hunger Games and Peeta is the past after the Hunger Games and it's a no win situation? Had the Hunger Games never happened I'm sure Gale and Katniss would have eventually had a life together, but I don't think they can ever go back now. They've both changed so much.
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

So what if Gale is there at the end, what does this mean for Peeta? I hope Gale is mature enough to put the whole Katniss thing aside and just rescue someone, because everyone deserves to live.

How will Katniss handle having Gale help her to save Peeta? Katniss....I can imagine this coming out like Twilight, and her not being able to decide. I hope they both rescue Peeta, then she thinks about who she loves. Because if it ends up not being Peeta, she should still save his life.

Is Cinna gone for good or simply being held for later? I believe he is alive. I'd think they would hold him hostage or turn him into an Avox like Darius.

What about Madge? I think she made it. I believe that Greasy Sae is dead, but I don't know about the others. I'd think that if Gale had enough to time to rescue Mrs. Everdeen and Prim, he would have definitely been able to get Hazelle, Rory, Victor and Posy.

Do you think something happened between her and Gale during the Hunger Games? Does she have a secret crush on Gale or was it just the memory of Madge's aunt that persuaded Madge's mom to send Gale the pain reliever?

Hmmm...I think Gale likes Katniss. Obviously. Madge might get involved in the third book, but I think Gale would have loved Katniss so much he would have ignored Madge, if she liked him at all.

Does Katniss just love the boy she's with the moment she's with him? or is this a classic case of Gale was the past before the Hunger Games and Peeta is the past after the Hunger Games and it's a no win situation? I'm feeling for Galniss. I'm hoping Peeta and Madge end up together and creatre Peedge.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
-Jasper

Post by -Jasper »

Cinna, I think he's alive. I think they either wanted information, to keep him hostage as a bargaining tool with Katniss, or to injure/make him into an Avox to show the public not to follow his rebellious influences. If they wanted to kill him, they could have just put a bullet through his chest and been done with it. Since they burst in at the last moment, maybe it was to distract Katniss/there was something very urgent. Maybe Cinna was about to tell her something they didn't want her knowing or something. Just theories. :D I sure hope he's alive.

I don't think anything happened with Madge and Gale. Gale said he loves Katniss, we can be pretty sure of that. Maybe Madge has feelings for Gale. If I were her, though, and I had the medicine that could treat my friend's friend, I would give it to them as well. I think she was just being kind.