Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by SwanCullen »

therealmrswhitlock wrote:In an effort to get some motion in this ocean.....time for a new question!

If you had to be trapped in an elevator with any 3 characters from the Twilight universe, who would you pick and why?

1.Edward. He could sing to me and that would make me comfortable and calm down. I would so need that!

2.Alice. She just seems like a great person who would be a great joy to be around

3.Emmett. He would be able to keep me entertained and he is again like Alice, a great character.

animegaijingirl wrote:WAAAHAAAAY!!
Lexily power = in full force. Gramps' brain clot has is half the size and is going away on its own for now. Phew. Dodged a bullet!
Amen! That is awesome! I hope he gets better and better!
Wingtear wrote:Please my dear lexily, use your awesome powers in prayers on my behalf now.
Linus' great grandmother got diagnosed with breast cancer today...
Will be praying!

Sarah, have lots of fun!!!
SenorGimp wrote:Hey all, have been rather preoccupied with my little British gal, and therefore have been unacceptably absent, for which I apologize. quote]

No reason to apologize, your haveing fun! That's always a great thing!

I LOVE the trailer. I have watched it now 5 times in the last hour. Yes, I have no life haha! I LOVE this line "Isabella Swan, I promise to love you every moment of forever!" I can't wait till June 30th! I still don't think Bryce Dallas Howard is right for Victoria. Maybe though I will think different after watching the whole movie.

Had bbq chicken for dinner. mmmmmmmmmmmm Thank goodness for warm weather! bbq food time baby! My daughter has started calling me Momma. She always calls me Mommy. It's so different lol!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hi my lovelies.

Sorry I have been absent from the lex lately. I have just had a lot on my plate lately. Running around doing errands, family crap, work stuff, blah blah blah blah….. Had my annual review at work last week and it went really well. I even got a RAISE!! Woohooo. I wasn’t expecting a raise considering they just laid off another 40 people and I got a bonus too. So I am a happy girl. But it is also bitter sweet, because of the layoffs I am super stressed out because my work load has doubled and I am just trying to stay a float with it all.

But in better news I have PTO coming up because MISTY AND SARAH are coming to play with me!!! Wooohooo. SO of course you all know about this because I have been talking about this non-stop because I am super-excited for it! March 19th! One WEEK One DAY!

Also this weekend is St. Patty’s Day weekend. Bring on the GREEN BEER :mrgreen: and the Chi-rish celebration *WOOT WOOT* in the house JEN!!! OF course you know I do it up right. I am not sure if we are going into the city yet or doing local Irish pub crawl type deal. It depends on the weather and stuff. But the city (CHICAGO for all of you newbies on the board) dyes the river green and has the parade and is super crowded, but also really fun. And on actual St. Pat’s Day, next Wed., my whole family and I are all going to the bar/pub together because what better way for an IRISH family to bond that to drink and be merry together! And who’s idea was it to go out this year and celebrate MY MOM’s!! Give it up for MOM!!! LMAO!

Trailer- my thoughts were it was just meh! I mean in comparison to the NM trailer which I thought was really good and got me super excited for the movie. So I hope they do a new one or an extended one. Just my little humble opinion. UGH and K. Stews’ wig BLECH!

Jen- Of course I know who Celtic Thunder is!! Yep full on IRISH here. I haven’t seen them, but I have seen Celtic Women on tour 2x and they were stunningly wonderful!

Ok that is it for now my lassies and lads
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Thanks Cody. your post made me laugh so hard my kids looked at me funny. :lol: You're very sweet and funny. That sassy brittish gal is very lucky. :D Nobody should ever apologize for being head over heals like that. I wish you best of luck with the move, your cousin and Sarah.

Ninna, I'll be sending positive thoughts to your way. BTW, I love your blog. You're so good with your hands making those things for the baby. 8-)
If you had to be trapped in an elevator with any 3 characters from the Twilight universe, who would you pick and why?
Hmm, maybe I'd go wild and take Paul... and be wild with him. ;) I wouldn't want the other two. That would just be awkward! :lol:

I saw the trailer a few times (as my siggy might suggest) and I liked it. It has it's pros and cons. Cons definatelly being Victoria looking too different and it all sounding and looking a bit like it's still in the works. Here's to hoping they'll still work on it hard in the post production! :D Taylor is really in character there, doing the best job. Bella and Edward look kinda like Kristen and Robert and kinda out of place. dang, I promised myself I wouldn't ruin it for myself by overanalyzing... :roll:

I saw couple of movies this morning. My niece linked me to this finnish site where you can watch movies online with finnish subs and it's much more convinient than anything on surf the channel. I wouldn't need the subtitles but it loads faster and so on. I watced Accidental husband (again). I guess I just really wanted to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan again. Might watch PS. I love you this weekend again too. JDM and James Marsters! Such a treat! ♥ Even if it is a bit sad.
I just finished watching The one and only. Renee Zellwegger and two great guys on the lead. It was surprisingly good. I don't usually like that kind of movies. The guy playing George was such a good actor, I'm gonna go watch Percy Jackson and the lightning thief soon. He is the guy playing Percy Jackson. I had heard good things about PJ-movie but now that I saw that guy acting, I'm really convinced it's a must see. :D

Oh, and to all the Last Airbender talk (btw, I was kinda pissed at the Avatar/Avatar:the last airbender-thing too :lol: ). I'm looking forward for this movie too. My kids have been watching the TV show and I just love how witty Sokka is. I wish I could see the movie already. When I showed the kids the trailer they were awestruck and I had to explain all over again how some stories are still just stories even if isn't an animation, and all about acting. :lol: And of course they said it's in the wrong language. I'm kinda hoping it gets findubbed. Maybe my daughter is old enough to see it.
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Greetings from NY! Having a wicked time! Yes blog updates and Facebook photos are a bit sporadic but

a) I need to go and DO the things to write about!
And b) I have also been more than a little pre-occupied with a certain someone... ;)

But don’t worry I will update as and when I get the time so please – no baying for my blood please!

Snowflake you know this but I'll tell you again anyway - I am so proud of you! I think moving in with Seth is going to be fantastic for you.
2 weeks isn’t so bad - I’ll be there before you know it. *Bushes at photo reference* Why must you insist on embarrassing me huh? :oops:

Jen the hair only looks that controlled cos the hairdresser styled it! The curls sometimes do behave themselves but the fringe – oi! I didn’t bring any straightners (because I never straighten my hair) forgetting that my fringe would then become a curly mass so I need to find some from somewhere...or subject myself to not removing my hat!

I would normally say the slightly dorky guy but after seeing West Side Story last night I think I’d rather go for the “boy, boy, crazy boy....play it cool” hehe (why do we ask btw?)

*Joins Codaniel in a Labyrinth medley “Its only forever...not long at all”

Jen you really are too sweet you know that? *Huggles*

I havnt watched the trailer yet – nor do I plan to. Eclipse is my favourite and I cany bear to see it ruined!

Me and Ally are going to be celebrating St Patricks day! You know its much bigger over here than in Britain. Makes sense I suppose.

Megs they do WHAT to the river?! Thats SOOO cool! :o

Maria – you have no idea how lucky I count myself to have found such a wonderful person in Codaniel. I have to pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming!

Love the new banner. Taylor would be the only thing bearable in it me thinks.

Right, I’ll go and get some photos and blog posts up now shall I? Ok ok I’m going!

Hehe, much love and huggles to you all! :mrgreen:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I'm officially on spring break and Sarah will be here on Sunday woohoo! :D

Elevator Question:
I actually wouldn't want a vampire in the elevator with me b/c just my luck they'd be hungry. Quil and Embry would be fun and maybe they could use there werewolf strength to get us out.

Ninna - I'm sending you my Lexily thought/prayer power!

Sarah - Glad you are having fun in NY. Broadway show, you are so lucky!

Cappu - I have The one and only on my Netflix list! I'm glad you liked it - I was already excited to get it, but now I'm looking forward to it after your comments. Also, Logan Lerman, the kid who plays George and Percy, is fabulous I agree. I think he is very cute too. He is what Taylor Lautner is to some girls for me - except not completely b/c although i find him cute and like his films, I don't have the energy to be that obbessessed and fangirlish. He is 18, so there is no craddle robbing here haha.

Speaking of craddle robbing - I don't think we ever properly celebrated the fact that we can no oggle Taylor with out feeling like criminals.

Avatar/Airbender - I'm glad I'm not crazy and others feel my frustration. I'm getting so excited!! Jackson in a movie about one of my favorite shows, that boy just keeps racking up points :lol:

St Patty's Day- Yes, Sarah & I will be going to this festival thing in Old Downtown. I've never been so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also volunteering @ a St. Pattys event in a town 15 minutes from here called Clover. I'll be with the animal shelter, but I hope to be able to go to some booths and see some performances/events. There is supposed to be a Men in Kilts stage event - I'll try to get pics if I'm there and free. Let's hope it doesn't get rained out this year!

I must go now. Time to clean and do laundry - things that have been heavily neglected due to school work.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I've always called it St. Patty's day.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Yes, we do. I think you guys spell it with a "d" because in Gaelic "Patrick" is spelled "Padraig". So that's how it got started. That's my theory. I only know that because I looked up a bunch of Gaelic names when I was going through that phase every girl goes through of "What will I name my future children?"

That is all for now!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

CappuGirl wrote:Ninna... You're so good with your hands...
LOL... :D
Reminds me of my latest chapter where Nessie says this to Jacob... :mrgreen: :twisted:

elevator... Jacob and Seth! 'nuff said
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

animegaijingirl wrote:Cultural question, do you guys call it St Patty's instead of St Paddy's in the US? :mrgreen:
I use Patty, but I see it both ways here. For example our town's event is called St. Patty's day online, but the paper called it St. Paddy's day.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily