Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Good morning lexlot!

Sarrah Hoping you are feeling better *sending healing vibes*
And yup Princess Bride indeed. I love that the countries are European Currencies! (Or were) I dont remember which country had the Florin though...
The Florin is actually a name that was used for guilders, so it's actually both Dutch currency. Though the Florin is also used in the Czech republic. The ideas you named for the business card are something I was toying with as well, still I feel I need to be a tad more businesslike.

If you could be any mythical creature what would you be and why?

I actually don't know, lycanthrope, vampire or dragon sound like attractive lifestyles to an extend but killing, draining or being hunted by knights sounds less appealing. I'm by far not pure enough to be a unicorn and merman or centaur poses serious problems in love making.

Megs Sorry to hear about your marathon!

So here's a new week, this is going to be a standard boring one, next week will be more interesting. First of all next week starts with Monday off and Thursday I actually have my first customer, yeah me.

Today I heard some sad news though, Ronnie James Dio singer in bands like Black Sabbath, Rainbow, but also the vocalist of Roger Glovers "Love is all" lost the fight with cancer and passed away this weekend. He was the one that started the "devil" horns hand sign at metal concerts, which he actually copied from his grandmother, a sign to ward of evil. He truly was a metal legend. I never was a fan of his music per sé (too poppy) but he was without doubt a pioneer and a legend within the scene like Ozzy and Alice Cooper. R I P Dio.

May the moon light your path,

Sidney
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Hi there!!!

Finally the sun is back in northern Italy but on tv they've just said it's going to rain cats and dogs in the weekend...which is not that bad since we're planning to visit a big indoor fair. It's held every year in Padova and you can find almost everything, from furniture to food treats. Hubby and I are going to check if there is anything interesting for the baby like prams, beds and that kind of stuff.

Sarah, I love Princess Bride. Talking about the Florin it was also a coin used in Florence in the Middle Ages. Sorry to hear about your stomach: I suggest staying in bed with a blanket on your belly and light food anyway.

Megs I'm sorry to hear about the marathon...I'm sure you'll have other chances to prove yourself though ;)

Mythical Creatures Uhm, I must say I really don't know...I'm attracted to all mythical creatures and I think any would have an attractive side: swimming in the ocean like mermaids, flying like dragons, living as one with nature as fairies. But, if I really had to choose one I'd say vampire because vampires have a bit of everything in them: they can do practically anything, according to the various legends. Besides, they are fascinating and live at night, which is definitely my favourite time. MrsWitlock, Middle Earth elves are very fascinating but I think they're really too perfect and...a bit boring. I prefer hobbits and I must confess that I really AM like one: somewhat hairy feet, dark hair, short and a bit fat, beer and food lover...that's why I didn't take hobbits in consideration for the question: because I don't want to be...I already am a hobbit :lol:

Sid the tarot reading sounds really interesting. I'm fascinated by tarots, especially by the various versions. Recently I've read a manga called "The Tarot Cafè". Apart from the story, which one may like or not, I think most of the illustrations and graphics are pretty good...if you like manga style, of course.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

Nocturnal Lure
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nocturnal Lure »

Dimber I like the style, I even have a manga Tarot. I will keep my open for it, maybe even gonna google it once I'm home.

I have been reading for a very long time, but I have only recently started collecting, I have somewhere around 70 different tarot's now some simple and standard, some weird or fantastic. My prized possession is the Giger Baphomet Tarot, it's not a practical tarot but it has become rare and it looks gorgeous. I want a new deck that has just come out but it is very hard to get here in Holland... the Shadowscape tarot, I have seldom seen such beautiful artwork.
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

If I was a teenage fangirl...this saturday i would have SQUEELED!

Saturday, we went into the city to shop a little and think up stuff for the upcoming (3!) swaps. When we went home, we were at a busstop that was pretty crowded. On saturdays the busride is free so, yeah, thats no surprise. What was a surprise is the guy standing lenaing against the busstop.
If I hadnt known better, i would have SWORN it was Edward...
He had the right hari, right haircolour, the same coat and the EXACT same sunglasses. Only thing different was....he was wayyyyyy more attractive than Robert Pattinson(thas not much work, because i think RP is uggggly, but this one really was cute).
Too bad I couldnt see his eyes, cause maybe the rest of his face was all wrong. BUt to me, this was the closest anyone has ever come to book-Edward.
Even Sid elbowed me, to let me know there was an edward there, lol

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Meg Glad your man got to come take care of ya ;) sry bout the marathon and I hope you feel better!

Janny~ Thats awesome about the Edward siting...wish we could see a pic!

Bex~Just *HUGS*

Sarah~Hugs to you too! I hope you feel better too!

Sry to everyone I missed...Im just doing a drive-by...but I am lurking....

I'd be a unicorn or a fairy...I <3 them both :)
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

evening lexlings
jasmine wrote:If I was a teenage fangirl...this saturday i would have SQUEELED!

Saturday, we went into the city to shop a little and think up stuff for the upcoming (3!) swaps. When we went home, we were at a busstop that was pretty crowded. On saturdays the busride is free so, yeah, thats no surprise. What was a surprise is the guy standing lenaing against the busstop.
If I hadnt known better, i would have SWORN it was Edward...
He had the right hari, right haircolour, the same coat and the EXACT same sunglasses. Only thing different was....he was wayyyyyy more attractive than Robert Pattinson (thas not much work, because i think RP is uggggly, but this one really was cute).
Too bad I couldnt see his eyes, cause maybe the rest of his face was all wrong. BUt to me, this was the closest anyone has ever come to book-Edward.
Even Sid elbowed me, to let me know there was an edward there, lol

:lol: ha screw the teenage fan girl thing i totally would have done that!! yes i am THAT annoying fan girl although make that minus the squeeing!! man a guy in ray bans.. i tell you there is nothing hotter than a guy in ray bans!! (fake ones or real :lol: ) saw your facebook status and was intrigued :? (yeaaahh i think pattinsons hot but im a sucker for skinny indie boys :lol: )

megs that is quite alright as i said im allll about the tea :lol: and it always makes me feel a little better, glad to hear yer boyf came and surprised you and cheered ye up though.

hmmm i know i've got a pic of Juliets balcony somewhere but its not on my comp so ill find it +upload it and try to show you guys how beautiful it is.

becs **** hugs*****
Nocturnal Lure wrote: Today I heard some sad news though, Ronnie James Dio singer in bands like Black Sabbath, Rainbow, but also the vocalist of Roger Glovers "Love is all" lost the fight with cancer and passed away this weekend. He was the one that started the "devil" horns hand sign at metal concerts, which he actually copied from his grandmother, a sign to ward of evil. He truly was a metal legend. I never was a fan of his music per sé (too poppy) but he was without doubt a pioneer and a legend within the scene like Ozzy and Alice Cooper. R I P Dio.
sidthis is sad news, i totally never knew where this originated from, thats good knowledge that will totally be sharing at the next gig i go to!

sarahhope you're feeling a little better today dude :)
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Good Evening Lexily's!

@Becs- I am so sorry hun about James's grandpa :(

@therealmrswhitlock- Isn't sad that most men fit into some kind of category... I don't get it. And I know about the EX thing because almost all of my ex's have tried to get back with me and I am like UH NO! Yea.. meanwhile my bf of 5 years can't get his act together! ugh men!

So today was exhausting. I worked all day. I must remind you all that I am not used to working at the store because I have been teaching for the last three weeks and I started to totally get used to it and now I am at a retail store bleh... Anyway, I am exhausted. And dinner is ready so I will be back later! <3
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

OMG!!!! I POSTED A NOVELLA LENGTH OF POST HERE AND NOW IT'S GONE!!! SERIOUSLY??!! IT TAKES AN HOUR FOR ME TO TYPE EVERYTHING AND IT'S GONE NOW LIKE LITERALLY ALL GONE *SOBS!!*

*runs fast away from the board while crying*
Last edited by ihadanEdwardRush on Mon May 17, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

ninna reads, and ninna might would have responded if she wasn't so tired she can barely move her fingers to type
<3 you all, my dear lexlings
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

ohhh apparently the "missing post of mine" wasn't gone at all. Good thing I didn't close the window and just press back and ta-dahh it's still there! Yay so I'm posting it here now :) NOW I'M HAPPY AGAIN! :)

Hey precious lexlings! How's everyone doing here? It's Tuesday morning and I'm about to start my work here. Everything's okay with me thank god. I just had my first niece the other week and she was baptized already last Sunday. The only thing that I hate today really is the weather. Having 36-37C each and everyday for like 2 months is no fun. Yes apparently whole year is dry/warm season but March-May and even June is the Summer so it is worst. And last night, I wasn't able to get a good sleep (one of the many) because it was super super warm inside the room. The dorm where I'm living here doesn't have an AC, we just have a fan. So seriously it was pain! Since I'm wide awake already, I did my laundry. yes! I did my laundry at 2am. It was crazy. I went back to sleep like 5am and I woke up 630 feeling groggy and light headed. But apparently, I'm feeling okay now so that it's a good sign that this will be a great day for me :)

All me again: I wonder if it's just me or it's like common for every single ladies out there. One thing I don't like family reunions is the fact that when your aunties and uncles saw you and learned that you're still single and you don't have any guy in your life and you will be 28 in months, it's like you committed a mortal sin or something. Last Sunday, relatives and friends and closed family members are home because of my niece's baptism and they're like teasing me while I'm still single or don't have a bf. They said time is running out, I'll be 30 in 2 years, I don't have a boyfriend, I'm stuck with my work. I might not get pregnant, I might be single for life, if I don't act today. And I'm like "What should I do?" The guy meant for me hasn't "discovered" me yet and I'm not planning to date or something. I'm a social person myself but I don't know I'm not attractive and sexy enuff for the guys to see me. And I'm NOT in any any way bothered of the fact that I'm still single and available, and no one's courting me and no one getting out with me. So it is like, they're the one who are bothered of what my life will be if I don't start dating and finding guy. *sigh* Sorry for the rant there.

@Janny: That was really cool seeing some Edward look-a-like!! It is really a fan-girl moment!! :) By the way, I'm done with my Basic Dutch and I'm going to Intermediate but one's thing for sure, your language is one hell of a tough language to learn LOL.

@Chiara: How's the pregnancy going on? Hope you and the baby are okay. *Sends love and lots of kisses!*

@Sarah: aww poor you. Get well soon sweetie! Water therapy! Hope you're not stressed out with the work. Just think of your trip to the US again and I doubt you'll find yourself okay again :)

Hi to Lily! Great to see you again!! Saw your photos on your friend's wedding. So sweet of you and Greg! Really looks good together! :)

@Megs: Hope you're doing good sweetie! with all that asthma and cold should be gone by now. Take care of yourself! <3 <3

@Becs: sending you some love and thoughts and hugs!!!

Mytical creature: Unicorn hands down :P

That's all for now. This take an hour though. I'm reading and lurking all the time so I'm not behind of everything here.

Lexlings rule! :)
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings