Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

Lily, major mess-up!
Bridesmaid dresses are supposed to be horrible (I learned that on 27 dresses)
Not that I know why, I mean, don't the bride want the picture to be pretty? I would forever be bothered by being surrounded by the awfulness that so many choose...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

bridesmaid dresses are ''supposed'' to be horrible, because they aren't allowed to outshine the bride. Something some people (and mother of the bride) really should know......(had a horrible experience on a wedding with that)

love the dress btw, very simple and elegant.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

oh, but there's so many ways not to outshine without being down right ugly...
Though I know a friend who went to her ex's wedding (she was a friend of the bride...) in a tight red top with deeeeep neckline and then drank a bit too much at the reception... But I give her that, he dumped my friend for that girl by writing on a unpayed bill that he wanted her out when he got home 'cos his new girlfriend was moving in (they were engaged...)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

id have gone in the shortest red dress i could find, ahhaha.

we went to a wedding and the mother of the bride outshone the bride. it was awefull and she did it intentionally, she wanted all the attention. the bride wore a simple white dress...mother of the birde wore a full out black galadress incl satin long gloves.
we all downplayed out wardrobe, because we didnt know what the dress woudl look like, and we all had corsets and such in our closet, but WE followed the rules. Luckely the bride didnt notice and all the other things that went wrong were being handled by sid(master of ceremony) and the rest of us (which byt the wa..was a LOT). Thats why i knew i wanted to arrange my own wedding, because they did such a bad job themselves, haha

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Well I wasn't thinking about anyone outshining me... I know I will be the prettiest one at the show!! hehe!

I wanted my girls to be comfortable and like the dress that they are spending money on. :)
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Although I have no plans to marry in the near future, I know my bridesmaids will have pretty dresses. I really don't see me and my personality being concerned w/ being outshined. I do, however, know that I want nice pictures and everyone to look lovely, so if one of my bridesmaids decides it isn't the day to look nice she will be photoshopped or cropped out :twisted: hahaha.
Probably not really, but I'd at least thoroughly considered it.

SO me stuff -
I've got some sort of stomach bug - boo - which has of course come on over my "fall break". It is really a 3 day weekend b/c Fridays I don't have classes anyway and I already get weekends off.

I made my hat for my Toadette Halloween costume. I still need to glue the spots on because my sister took my glue gun for her art class this semester - she did not inform me that it would be at school for the WHOLE semester, it sounded like she only needed it for that project. Now I need to go buy a new one - well really my parents will since mine has been hijacked by my sibling.

I still have dress - simple tank dress - and an open vest to do. Should only take me one day this weekend. Hope it turns out okay :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Lily-great bridesmaid dress choice and color. I am sure it will look great on everyone and every body type and skin color too :P

Janny-really why would the mother of the bride do that on purpose? That just seems so mean. And you know I thought your wedding was gorgeous, beautiful, unique and so You guys. That to me it was makes a wedding special that is represents the bride and groom. I loved all your details especially your flowers!

Bex-Ohh navy sounds like a great color for a bridesmaid dress. Again flattering for all. I always thought black myself with a pop of color, but who knows when that day actually comes ;)

Ally-HAHA nice ally Behave or be photoshopped-lmao! Sorry you aren’t feeling well hope you feel better. The Halloween outfit sounds great! Cant wait to see pics of the outcome. Ohhh and cant wait for PR finale coming up too!! YAY

Me stuff….my mom came up to visit a few weeks ago which was nice. I miss her, even though I just saw her the weekend before because I went home the weekend prior for a wedding. But it was nice to have her up here and see the new stomping ground in MI and what not. It was too quick of a visit…but I will be back home in 3 weeks or so again for a long weekend. Still feeling mopey about my job and waiting to her more details, the waiting game just well sux.

Anyway hope you all are doing well. Enjoying FALL here it is beautiful <3
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Those dresses look amazing. Aswell as the weddinggown as the bridemaidsdresses are beautifull.
I'm happy Belgium doesn't have the tradition of having bridemaids (altough it's been done by some people). Here it's just tradition the groom and bride both have one best man/ best woman. I've been my brothers, and the bride's brother was hers best man. And we can wear what we want. Fff.

How is everybody? Hope you are all allright, it's been a long time again.

I currently started watching the vampire diaries (since sunday and am already on episode 14). In the beginning I was disapointed because it was going slow, I was bored, and Stefan wasn't really eye candy.
But now I'm completly hooked, the storyline started to grow up and I can't wait to know what happened to the characters (please do not spoil me though), and of course, Damon happend. Woohoow Sex on legs! :D

I'm just a bit dissapointed with something that happened in episode 12 (or was it 13? A bit confused after watching it all back to back). There is one person going out of the dungon after Bonnie already left (I don't wanna spoil, that's why the vagueness). But that shouldn't be happening. Please tell me it's not a flaw in the series and there will be an explanation for this. Else it's quite amaturistic.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

X
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.