Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Yeah he's a goofball. He ate half a chocolate chip cookie over the weekend, but thank God he's fine!

Yeah my father in law is nice. I appreciate the extra hours and he's good at working around my schedule if need be. :) I did 90 hours in six weeks (my school is online so they counted with hours) and other classes have required more for random purposes.

Was Les Miz good? I've heard it's great but I also heard its sad :/ glad you guys had a good weekend!

I usually don't ask Jason to help much with the house, we've spent today watching tons of TV (he's made me study while we do it though- good husband! Haha). He doesn't get a lot of lazy time so I always encourage him to do nothing. I usually multitask during this time though, reading or doing something else. At least he takes good care of the dog for me though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Oh no, I bet you were so worried! Glad to hear he's fine though!

That's great, with a busy schedule you need a job like that! Wow, you've definitely gotyour hours in then!

I'm sort of mixed about it. The story and the acting were pretty great, but it just seemed really heavy on a cinema screen - like it was hard work to watch, if that makes any sense! I'm glad I saw it, but I wouldn't watch it again.

Aww sounds nice and relaxing :) what did you watch? At least you got some studying in :lol: I'm the same, I have to multitask if I'm watching tv. I fall asleep otherwise! I'm such an old lady :lol:

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh good I'm not the only one! I'm too ADD to sit still for long periods of time without doing something else! And this way I got study time in while we watched How I Met Your Mother and then the Simpsons movie since he loves that show.

Oh absolutely. There's certain movies I don't see in theaters on purpose..even Catching Fire might be too much for me (THG was too sad to own on DVD..I get too emotionally attached to my characters)...I can only imagine Mockingjay! I much prefer comedies!

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

No you're definitely not, me too! Have to multitask or I'll fall asleep :lol: my boyfriend loved the Simpsons too, think it must be a male thing! I did laugh at it though saying that, so maybe not. I don't watch How I Met Your Mother regularly, only every now and again. It drives me crazy just having watched a few that I don't know HOW he met their mother! Did you get all the studying in that you need to?

And me! I cried in the cinema watching THG, twice! When Katniss left for the Capitol and with Rue. Felt like a sap but my friend cried too so it was nice to have weepy company :lol: Mockingjay will probably send me into a quivering wreck! I generally prefer comedies, but I haven't seen many lately. Films just don't seem as funny! Aside from Pitch Perfect, I can't remember the last time laughing in the cinema.

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Yeah it drives a lot of people I know crazy but we actually just found out how he meets her later this season lol

Must be because I had no interest in that show before we met..the movie was funny though.

I remember tearing up during Rues death and the finale with the mutts totally sent my blood pressure racing! I actually picked up MJ yesterday and read half and I was like-oh this isn't that scary! Until I remembered Cressidas gruesome death and Finnicks. Finnicks death is one I don't think I will ever get over!

I never see things in theaters I always rent them because of my ADD lol :)

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

What series is it now? I might find out how he met her, and then go back and watch them all haha. Cheating, but I can't stand not knowing such a huge plot point! I have no patience.

Me neither! I can watch it now, but it'll never be my favourite show. Zach loves it though, go figure.

A lot of what got to me were unexpected. Like I expected Rue's death to upset me, but I didn't realise how graphic Glimmer's would be, or how much I'd enjoy Peeta and Ceaser's banter. Finnick's death was devastating, mostly because he'd got through so much and got Katniss through so much... I really wanted him to have his happy ending. I wound up in tears reading that Annie had had his child after his death, too. The deaths of Finnick and Prim were just unacceptable to me! Something about reading the true story of Snow and how the Prep Team had been treated were really disturbing too, even though they weren't given much detail. I think Mockingjay was definitely the toughest to read, but it had to be. That'll be interesting, seeing how they portray that onscreen and keep a PG-13 rating.

Haha there are benefits to renting or buying though!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Honestly? I read the plot points of the entire Hunger Games series before I read it..it helped my anxiety levels, reading such a high intense series!! We're on Season 8 now and he is supposed to meet the mom in this years finale and I dearly hope we get a Season 9 focused on he and the moms relationship!

It bears hours of American football, I guess. I'm so glad the season is nearly over!

I totally know what you mean about Glimmers death! Or seeing the kid from district 3 died after Katniss blew up their supplies. Alexander did a fabulous job being Cato! Totally scary! By reading the plot points, I knew about Prim but I didn't know about Finnicks until it happened and I was SO shaken up after his death. I'm still in denial!! Such a complex story..

I still feel like the ending of MJ was too short :/

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

Wow, were you that nervous about reading it? After eight series I'd really hope you're getting answers! That's a long time to watch in dedication haha. Yeah I think eight series later they owe you a series for the answer!

I couldn't handle all that sports! I'm not a sports person at all, I find watching it so boring. No wonder you're relieved.

Yeah, it was so quick and hardly given any camera time but that just seemed to make it even more effective, if that makes any sense! I agree, he really made the most of his moments and played an excellent villain, which just made the speech before his death more effective. I wasn't as happy with Woody as Haymitch as I'd have thought, though. I thought he played up the drunk far more than showing he did mentor properly. Hopefully that gets fixed for Catching Fire, and he has a little more screen time to show his character properly. Absolutely, can talk about it for hours like it really happened :lol:

How d'you mean it was short? The climax or the epilogue?
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Yeah, I'm one of the few people I know who have watched dedicatedly. I think because I look beyond the title of the show and I love Teds friends, Marshall and Lily :) I've watched since Season 3, so they better give me a season with the Mom!

Does Zach watch any sports?

I get easily anxious and sucked into books/movies unless its a comedy. Drives Jason crazy because I won't watch hardly anything action-y with him :P

I suppose Finnicks death really did happen to us haha. It'd be like if SM had killed off Carlisle for real. I just don't see how Susan Collins could do that to us haha. Poor Annie!

The epilogue of course. Far too short. Like, I have to think that Katniss's mom came to visit her grand babies or came for her wedding to Peeta. Why doesn't Haymitch ever get sober now that Snow isn't in control? How did his family die? What about Joanna?

I think she needs to write her own illustrated guide! I'd read it :)

Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

You definitely deserve to have a Mom season after watching with such dedication! I can't believe it's been running that long. I swear I only knew about it a couple of years ago!

Yeah, he's a sports guy. He likes rugby and basketball, but he also watches a lot of football (soccer) and the racing. I don't understand the point in racing, when it's literally watching the cars go so fast you blink and you miss... But there you go. :roll: I got him into the Vampire Diaries though, so it's all good! :lol:

That's what I love about reading and watching things like that, how it can pull you in. It drives you crazy when the characters aren't happy though, I felt depressed for days after reading New Moon and Mockingjay! I'm sure you're not missing much action wise though ;)

It did feel like it did! Oh, I could've cried at the end of the BD2 movie for that! I know a lot of people find it an easy way out, but I like SM for not killing her main characters off. I get too attached and hate it when characters that I love die! That's what was so nice about reading Twilight, knowing that none of the main characters were going to be bumped off. SC clearly didn't think that way, but I guess when you write about kids killing each other you can't afford to! Still wish she'd have saved poor Finnick though lol.

There are far too many unanswered questions about THG series! I totally agree. I'd love to know more about what happened to poor Madge, and DEFINITELY about Johanna. I really liked her, and I couldn't just accept that she basically wasn't heard from, especially when she and Katniss had spent so much time together training. I'd want to know more about Haymitch's life after, and Gale's, and what the other districts become. There's so much that she could put into a Guide! I wish she would write it. I'd love an illustrated guide on Harry Potter, too, though I think that'd be a lot longer than the Twilight Guide. :lol: