Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by Ally_Cat »

Sarah you said it perfectly! The Lex friends I've made are some my very friends and I love what you have all added to my life.

Congrats Megs! Enjoy your engagement, I'm so happy for you.

I hope all the Lexies in the US are having a good holiday :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

HAPPY (belated) THANKSGIVING USA Lexlings! :D

Hope everyone had an awesome time and a not too scary Black Friday! :mrgreen:

Soooo bit of a crazy few days for me. The short version is my family drives me nuts. 5 women, one small house, inability to share thoughts or feelings, short tempers and high emotions = HUGE stress!

I've been wanting outta there since I was 16, but the practical side of me always won out. Save to buy rather than rent, save up to go back to the states rather than rent etc etc.

But then on Thursday it all got to be one row too much. I up and left, stayed in a hotel and managed to get myself a short term lease on a place until Xmas.

I figure I can be home for a week over the holidays, especially as I'll be working for most of it and packing for America. Then when I get back I'll be moving out permanently. Ideally to Scotland :)

Sooo yeeeaah. That's my situation at the moment. Its really weird. Not that I mind having my own space - its what I've been crying out for for the last 7 + years. But I just wish the whole thing had been under better circumstances. I feel very much like a "kid running away from home". Its ridiculous. Not to mention I'm now SUPER stressed about money - or lack of it.

But...iife goes on, I need to not let myself get too stressed. I need to focus on the positives....if anyone feels like pointing those out at any point that'd be GREAT! Cheers...

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Sarah! OMG that's huge news! You know, I moved out when I was 18 under the not-best-of-circumstances, too...and it all worked out best in the end! I can't believe you have a place of your own now and you might be moving to Scotland! Why there? And how is this gonna effect your plans with Cody? Are you still coming over here and will he be going to Scotland possibly? This is exciting Sarah...and I'm sure a bit scary for you as well with all the finances...but I'm sure it'll all work out!! *hugs* and congrats!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Hello everybody!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

Congrats Sarah!!! Moving out on your own is probably the best thing someone can do!! It's a lot of responsibilities but if you are willing to work hard for it... it's worth it in the long run!!!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

Thats a big step sarah, but then again, its not like your 15 or something. If you are going to live in London, then we could still visit though :P
Guess we arent going to London now, because you'll be away for 3 months, and after that, apparantly every hotel is already booked because of the prince's wedding.. *sigh*

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

Seriously?! Stupid wedding...

But honestly we WILL get this meet up! I will be back and forth to London once I get back even if I move to Scotland. We could maybe even coincide it with Codaniels visit - I know hes really excited to meet you guys too :D

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

x
Last edited by animegaijingirl on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Sarah-Good for you and your happiness and Sanity. But you know this already as I have already talked to you about it.

Janny-What is the Royal Wedding taking over the world???? I mean I can’t look up at the newsstand w/o seeing it EVERYWHERE!! It just got off the ground and I feel like we will be saturated with it forever.

Lily-GRADUATION TIME IS UPON YOU WOOOHOOOOO =) Happy Dance in the house

Ally-I hope school is being nice to you and you will get to enjoy Christmas Break soon

AND TO EVERYONE……Thank you for the Congrats and Well Wishes. The past few weeks have been a whirl wind a so crazy. Just trying to keep up with the holidays and of course the engagement news and just making little decisions here and there. We decided no big planning until January so we can just enjoy this time right now.

Just finished our Christmas cards last night. We did photo-cards this year. My sister visited last weekend and took a pic of the both of us in front of the tree (not our fav photo of either of us, but we decided it will do…both of us are having “fat” days-hahahaha” you all know what I mean by that) Anyway, we got them printed for a very cheap price at Cost-Co! Wooohoooo I love a good deal. Which I will all be about for wedding stuff hahaha. So we watched the old Flintstones Christmas Cartoon and then the Santa Clause w/Tim Allen and did our cards. I love Christmas and this time of year. It makes me very happy.

Ohhh and I have found 2 radio stations up hear that switch over to Christmas music during the holidays…I know I am silly but it is the simple things in life that make me happy. And I am almost done w/Shopping too or I shall say about ¾ done. I have done a lot more online this year because more places are doing free shipping and have great deals. Very easy, no fighting crowds and I am liking it and then I get all excited when the packages arrive…but not when the bills do-LOL

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays and staying warm and healthy!! Love and hugs! xxx
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

YAY for Megs and Bry!!!!

Ok, I've been absent again. Bad bad me

I agree with all above, I owe the lex some of my dearest friends.
I won't give no promises about showing more, working and handling pup is tiresome. And yes, I get around FB and other sites, but to me, those don't take an effort because most of the time it's just mindless onliners that just about noone pays any heed to any way...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK