Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
B&E4EVER
Settled in Forks

Re: Gen Y --The 20 something's thread

Post by B&E4EVER »

Hello to All my fellow twilight series lovers ! :D Ok I've been lurking around and decided to post. I just wanted to know what this thread was about. Hope to chat with some of you :D
~*~JESSICA~*~
"You are my life now"
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Welcome B&E4EVER/Jessica (yeah, I ratted out your "new in town" thread :roll: :lol: )
The Gen-Y thread is all about chatting :mrgreen: and that's what we do best. I think you'll find us almost more active on facebook though. Much due to the fact that you can post pictures there :twisted: (why don't they have a drooling smiley yet???)
How did you come across Twilight/the Lex/Gen-Y? What I'm trying to say is simply, tell us about yourself :D

I'm Ninna by the way, 25 years old from Finland (right next to Russia, so on the other side of the globe pretty much) and currently eagerly awaiting the arrival of my pup in less than a month (by the time New Moon hit the theaters I'll be a mommy) and well, if the pup thing or the banner don't give me away, I'm a wolf-girl :mrgreen:

Becca:
I decided that my imaginary piece of your birthday cake was a piece of fudge cake. With chocolate icing. Mmmmm....

Now I'm off to clean the hard-drive... aka I'll move all my TV-series to the laptop. 'Cos if I don't, I can't download more, it's getting full. And I "have" to watch some more true blood, 'cos the friend who fell head-over-heels for the series keeps bugging me so that she'll have someone to talk about it with. And since she read Twilight-saga (and the Host) for me, I guess I'll better be that good a friend. I started her on the Swedish version of Vampire Diaries, she too prefers the books to the series so far. I figured out why it took me so long to connect them, in Swe the series are called "the Vampires Love" or something like that. Oh, I gotta go find the originals... Jeez how I loved those books as a tween...
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

I hope I don't crash the car today. That's all I hope for today. :lol: I've got this one last driving school test drive and man do I get stressed out if I feel like I'm being graded. I might be a very nervous driver again. Usually I'm not anymore, but I can never tell in advance if there's another adult in the car and I feel like I'm being evaluated. I hope it isn't the crumpy man that leads the school. My belly is on knots (and not just for the stress, I also got my period this morning...FML. Always everything at once.). We've got more snow this morning and I haven't driven on very icy roads yet for this fall. There haven't been so much ice yet. We're just going straight to snow now, I see. Might take some getting used to and BAM! I have to go do a show and tell-ride... Eeeh.. Anyone wanna possess my body for the drive...?

[EDIT] Hot dang! Hubby's 15yo brother just freaked me out further FB-stating it was so icy, he flipped over with his motorcycle...
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

I'm going to whine and I'm using this board because the person that I'm whining about is spying me always on FB. The bitchy boss is always bitching on me for pete's sake! I dunno what's her F*ing problem on me but she's just a b ! t c h always. I wanna strangle her right now but I just cant. I dunno what's the problem with the people "with title" in the office and they act like they're Gods and they own you and they simply p **s s es the sh !t out of you. First, she instructed me not to undergo OT (the fact that we a lot of things to do everyday) and every morning I have to cram because there are some unfinished tasks that are due early morning. Second, she always "make up" stories and tell it to the boss in the U.S. about what we are doing here. (The boss privately E-mail me and tell me about if this' true or something and of course if isn't true I deny it and eventually the boss there will believe me), Third, she give me tasks that needs more time but she didn't give me enuff time. Fourth, she's always walking behind my workstation, acting like she will just pass or she will get something, but in truth, she'll just look on my monitor to see if I'm doing my work. and I f-en hate it!!! Fifth, I caught her doing something on my pc without permission and she just shrugged it off as if she just didn't violate my privacy or something.

Now I remember Sonia's boss. and I'm having the same dilemma. Now seriously, how I will deal with this stupid s h i t boss who is not really a boss but really bossy and act like she's the most efficient F-en boss in the whole freaking world. Well, in fact she's not and I can do her job more accurately. Argghh! I f-en hate her. She's getting on my nerves!!!

I'm sorry for the filthy mouth there. :(
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Maria
GOOD LUCK SWEETIE! Why are you taking driving lessons anyway?
And everyone knows motorcycles and the winter season don't mix. At least you'll have 4 wheels and no risk of toppling over while standing still (which I would undoubtedly do with an MC) I hope the brother-in-(common-)law is OK though.

We don't have no snow, and probably won't get any until the middle/end of December, if we're lucky. There might come some freak showers, but nothing that sticks. Though there was frost yesterday. Today it's totally forksy, rain sick and wind blowing so that the trees stand sideways...

Honey
JEEZ! IS she your superior? If not, tell her to go get laid. Don't do that if it will land you in any trouble though.
Could you set your computer to ask for password every time the screen saver comes off? then she can't check it unless you're there. We have that on our workstation, which is ridiculous since there's like 5 people using it, so the password is still written on a note beside the screen...
At least you know your "real" boss in the US knows the real deal.
Wish there was something I could do *HUGS*
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

he's okay. Just like flipping wiht a bike. He said it's easier with four wheels too.. I should just stop stressing and making myself crazy... Going now. Yikes. :shock:
ihadanEdwardRush

Ninna, she is and she overlooks our team and she's really "into it." She really wants the tittle of being the boss. Ugh. She's actually just 23 YO and I feel how she's in heaven that she's overseeing us here. Actually I have the password when I'm shutting down the pc but the thing is I don't have the "idle password" or like when I just leave it turned on. I caught her when after I came back from the lunch one time. But now I really, really have to be careful. and oh she even told me, that I have to report to her and I shouldn't E-mail the bosses in the U.S. because every E-mail should be informed at her first. I'm like WTF!?!?
Thanks Ninna for your thoughts..*hugs back* that's okay, letting me know your thoughts are enuff already. and that explains my new FB status at this moment and it's because of her. :(

and oh Maria, I'm sorry, I didn't notice that we posted at the same time. Good luck with your driving lessons okay? and be careful! *hugs* How I wish I'm in the colder place like yours to ease me a li'l.
Last edited by ihadanEdwardRush on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Honey
If you were to send e-mails to the US-boss on your "own" I might agree, but if they mail you? What are you going to do, go in to her office and say
"-I got a mail from XXX, can I read it?"
If she has an issue with them e-mailing you, then she should talk to them, not to you.
If you see her look disturbed next time you see her, I'm sending my little minions over to make her life miserable.

Click the background of your work desk, go to settings and screen saver and then set it for like 5 minutes and then set it to ask password every time it comes off. Don't have to be the same as the ordinary one, and then she can't access anything. It's annoying, true, but so worth it if it gives you a bit more peace of mind!
ihadanEdwardRush

ohh Ninna I will. I'm looking forward for your little minions around her! It's like payback time baby! Thanks for that! It made me snickers hehe :)

and oh yeah the password's set already! (and as I'm typing this, she just passed behind me, FML!)
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

cappu, i hope everything went well. around here you dont get a drivinglesson when its icy, they cancel it. But then again, its not often very icy here, so you dont really ''need'' to learn that. i think its to much a risk for the schools to let ppl have lessons in that kind of weather.

@honey, okay she has a boss above her right? just file a complaint. She cant just go and boss people around.Check the rules of your working place or even an personnelcouncel(?) (we have something like that around here, they stick up for the rights of employees and discuss bonusses at stuff lke that. sid has been in one for yrs. they kind of represent the personel and make sure everything goes as it should go.)
i can understand bosses trying to see if you do anything else besides work, around here most companies block all other internetpages except their own. Still, she seems to keep you from your work and that can cost the big boss some money.
I would try and seek all the rules of your workingplace and then file a complaint about everything she does thats not in them. And especially if it keeps you from your work, mention that.
Does she treat you the same as everyone else, cause if not, than you can file a complaint about that aswell.
i think shes nervous about the fact that the big biss mails with you, shes probably scared youre saing bad stuff about her. i wonder why/ :roll:

okay, so today my mom called, t tell me she does have new fresh walnuts. ARGH!!!!!. just bought them yesterday. could have saved mself some money *sigh*

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/