House of Night series by PC and Kristen Cast

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: House of Night series by PC and Kristen Cast

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I'm glad you're liking the books Chrissy :)!

I haven't read the latest book Awakened yet, but I have it with me so as soon as I finish this other book I am reading I will start it :)!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Hey Chrissy :) glad you are liking the books, and yeah I know what you mean I love the way they have to go through this whole process and that they are taught the rules and everything! :D

Kym.. I haven't even bought the new one, though hopefully my sister remembered to ask my dad to buy it when she went home :L
Then I will have it to read then :)
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I'm all caught up on the books :)! I've been caught up for the longest time, but I forgot to post lol! I love all the twists and turns the books have!

Jitterbug~ Lol have you read the new one?
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Forgot to come back here. Sorry. So I'm still loving the series, but I'm giving it some time. Meaning I'm not reading them all back to back like I did with VA. I'm reading 2 to 3 other books between.

I believe I've made it to number 6. I may be wrong. I know the next in line for me to read in Burned.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Kym ~ Not yet.. I just finished Torment and now onto re reading all the others first..

Chrissy - Yeah the 7th is Burned and the 8th is Awakened.

I will post again once I've read Awakened (without spoilers for those who haven't read it)
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Chrissy~I started this series before the VA series so I read all of them one after another, but I wasn't as excited to read through them like I was VA :/! They are both great series though :)!

Jitterbug~ Ooh ok :) I was curious as to whether you ever got through it or not!
It's nice to re-read the books!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Yea, me too, Kym. HoN is still a good series, but I felt like I needed a break. I've started reading Burned and either I've just been out of the HoN universe for too long or their writing is a little different in this. I've gotten to the part where Neferet is making Kalona go after Zoey. I think I'm gonna have to read it over because the binding she put on him is really confusing. I didn't understand the nature of the magic that Neferet is using. If she doesn't want Zoey around, why is she making Kalona go and get her?
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Yeah sometimes there's so much going on in the books that it's better to take a break! I thought I was the only one who thought the writing changed :O! It seemed different somehow to me too! It was hard for me to understand how her magic worked! I think she probably just wanted to force Kalona to kill Zoey since he's supposed to have a connection to her like maybe to see if he was really on her side? I'm not sure though lol, but that would be my guess!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I felt that the author is dragging out this story way to long. She couldn't have easily wrapped it up in 6. I am not sure if I will finish this series. The last book I read I just didn't care how the series ended. I have read a lot of review on book store website where a lot of people felt the same way.
Banner by TammyAZ
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I do feel the same way ;)
I borrowed the first two books from the library. I was considering to buy them, but when I found out it's going to be 12 books, I passed on that.
The library doesn't have the third book (yet), but I don't really care... If they do get it, it'll be nice to read them, but if it won't get in the library, I'll never finish the series. Too bad, because the start of the first book was very promising and got me 'hooked' right away... That just slowly changed a bit during the first book, but threw me off at the second... (OK, it's late, I'm tired, sorry if I'm not clear :P)