Name the Movie from the Quote

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Name the Movie from the Quote

Post by VirginiaMay »

24601 wrote: "He was close, real close. I couldn't see him yet, but I could feel him, as if the boat were being sucked upriver and the water was flowing back into the jungle. Whatever was going to happen, it wasn't gonna be the way they call it back in Nha Trang. "
Apocolypse Now

Next:

"I crashed into electrical towers and my star charts were erased. I need the ones in your head to complete my mission."
"So you need ME and my INFERIOR brain to fly that thing?"
"Correction, I need the SUPERIOR information in your INFERIOR brain to fly this... thing."

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"I crashed into electrical towers and my star charts were erased. I need the ones in your head to complete my mission."
"So you need ME and my INFERIOR brain to fly that thing?"
"Correction, I need the SUPERIOR information in your INFERIOR brain to fly this... thing."

That is from Flight of the Navigator

Next:

Years of research, gone.
They even took my iPod.
What about the backups?
They took our backups. They took the backups of our backups. They were extremely thorough.
I just downloaded, like, 30 songs onto there.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Thor.

Next:

• They say a lot of things about Paris. They say it's a place where artists find inspiration. They say it's a place where people come to discover something new about their lives. They say it's a place where you can find love. Of course, at my age, I didn't expect any of that.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

They say a lot of things about Paris. They say it's a place where artists find inspiration. They say it's a place where people come to discover something new about their lives. They say it's a place where you can find love. Of course, at my age, I didn't expect any of that.

That is from Paris, je t'aime

Next:

They put her in a bag.

What's that?
That's what Katie looked like when I saw her in the morgue. Like they put her in a bag and then they beat the bag with pipes. Janie died in her sleep, all due respect, but there you go. She went to sleep, she never woke up. Peaceful.
You don't need to talk about Janie.
My daughter was murdered. They put a gun to her. As we stand here, she's on an autopsy slab getting cut open by scalpels and chest spreaders, and you're talking to me about domestic ...[expletive deleted] responsibility? Good to see you, Theo.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I had to cheat on this one, but it's Mystic River!

Another one:

- Studying?
- Fine art.
- Clearly. Interests? Affiliations?
- Only dada, anarchy and the construction of genius.
- Whose genius?
- My own.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

- Studying?
- Fine art.
- Clearly. Interests? Affiliations?
- Only dada, anarchy and the construction of genius.
- Whose genius?
- My own.

That appears to be from Little Ashes

Next:

Stop the car. He was here.
Come on, what makes you think he was here?
Trust me, I know what people do and I know what people think. I always have. Even as a kid I had this gift, and you should have seen the playground hurt I laid down playing rock-paper-scissors.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That was from Shoot 'Em Up.

Here's another one:

- I want peace on earth and good will towards men.
- We are the United States government. We don't do that sort of thing!
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Tornado wrote:
- I want peace on earth and good will towards men.
- We are the United States government. We don't do that sort of thing!
Sneakers

Next:

"Technology gets better everyday. That's fine. But most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocket knife and a smile."
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

"Technology gets better everyday. That's fine. But most of the time all you need is a stick of gum, a pocket knife and a smile."

That is from Spy Game.

Next:

I always wondered why nobody did it before me. I mean, all those comic books, movies, TV shows. You think that one eccentric loner would've made himself a costume. I mean, is everyday life really so exciting? Are schools and offices so thrilling that I'm the only one who fantasized about this? Come on, be honest with yourself. At some point in our lives we all wanna be a superhero...
That's not me,by the way. That's some Armenia guy with a history of mental health problems.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I know that one! It's from Kick A**. :D (Sorry, the filter is preventing me from writing the entire name...)

Next:

So you understand the concept. Now multiply that by infinity, take that to the depths of forever, and you still barely have a glimpse of what I'm taking about.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689