Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Halfway House -- #8

Post by Brienna »

marielle wrote: It might be easier for you to meet me first, you'll see that there is absolutely nothing to be shy about with these girls...we could plan something if it's needed...
I want in on that ;) :lol:

Just a quick one from me, have been reading with you, but can't respond now. Don't think I'll be able to catch up on it, so I'll start fresh somewhere next week!

HHCON: sounds like a great idea! I wish I could come, but am already 99% certain I won't make it due to the money issue. Hubs will never let me spent that much money. Also, by that time, the kids will be 1, 2 and 3, so they would be a bit to young for me to leave behind ;)

My tooth is not getting any better, I would say it's getting worse, so I'm going to the dentist this afternoon. I think he's gonna put me on antibiotics, cuz it looks and feels pretty inflamed to me. I also have a bad taste in my mouth all the time, there's coming a lot of filth out of the wound. I'm scared :cry: The last time I had a tooth problem, my cheeck was swollen so much, that I couldn't even open my eye. Which is extra annoying, cuz it's on the left of my face, which is my good eye. I can't see much with my right eye, so my eye was closed for almost a week, I couldn't see anything :shock: Ok, enough complaining, just writing it off a bit, I am really scared :oops:
:wave: :bye:
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning ladies…

Happy Sunday!!! Are you all having a lazy Sunday???
I’m not… busy busy busy!!! This morning (Sunday morning!!!) I was playing tennis at 9 o’clock… now I have a few hours of washing and watching Racing, and than we are going to the biggest free one-day festival to see a few artist play…I’ll sleep at work tomorrow…

On the HH-con, I really really hope we all get it done, and I really hope I’ll be able to be there… I love Susie’s idea of doing it in the summer… my main reason is that I feel a lot better in the summer…winter cold makes my body misbehave…but it’s what the majority wants…I’ll try my hardest to be able to be there…

Ashley, you live only four hours from Chicago? That amazing, you could drive if you wanted to…
Yes the summer would be much better…

Susie, I’m normally very good in tracking down e-mail addresses or postbox addresses of people to write too, if we are going through with everything I’m really hoping I’ll be able to reach at least Rob’s agent…Kris’s maybe too (or he would think we are a bunch of screaming crazy tweens…)
Just take a deep breath, men can be nuts sometimes, just remember that they are a completely different species, specially the teenage ones…
There are many shows this weekend in the city, there was a war veteran gathering with things around it, there is a art festival, a Jazz festival, free pop festival… I don’t exactly know what you mean…

Christina, I’m going to the therapist for my back, our family have chronicle issues with out backs… at the moment it’s bad but once the weather gets better again it will be better as well…

JennJenn, I really hope you would be able to make it… all girls actually…but I do understand that there will be a few that won’t be able due to family or money…

Ann-marie, I can’t even look up plane tickets for June 2012 yet… I think us Europeans will have to wait a few months before really looking at it… I’m hopeful that I could fly from Amsterdam to Chicago for between 400 and 500 euro’s, at least that’s what they are asking for tickets during the Christmas holiday’s this year. I can’t believe that early Summer (June or May will be more expensive.) I know you can fly from London to Amsterdam for around 20 euro’s so maybe it’s an idea to fly with a stop at Amsterdam, it might be cheaper… Or fly to NY and have a low cost company fly you from there to Chigaco… We’ll figure it out when the date is final, I’ll help you find a good deal…

Paula, if we do a HH meet up here you are sure invited!!! It will be great fun…
I’m happy you are feeling better…tooth pain is such a terrible thing, although it might be good for the body weight… :think:

Tonise, I'm all for the Summer time... early June or late May might be the best solution because it won't be the high holiday season yet and plane/hotel costs could be kept relatively low...

I’m going to have some lunch… have a nice day!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Lol Marielle I was saying I'm feeling worse ;)

I just went to the dentist, who cleaned out the wound, it hurt really bad! He didn't want to sedate, cuz that would take to long... More prove that I'm absolutely right at being afraid of the dentist. My entire cheeck is starting to swell up and I'm getting a fever... So of to bed for me!
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Ok, I’m back, finally. First of all, I’ll vent my thoughts on the HHcon (Beware; this is going to be long since you ladies move way to fast for me to keep up ;) ):

Point #1: It sounds super exciting and I’d love to come! But right now, I’m not sure I can make it because of the following reasons.
1) Money. I’m just a simple college student and spending thousands of dollars is just not possible, unless I win the lottery or take on three more jobs. (Btw, Susie, I love your idea about finding a sponsor! That would solve the biggest issue for most of us. ;) )
2) Convincing my parents this is a good idea. I know, I will be 22-23 around that time and I should be able to do what I want. But I value there opinion a lot and I’ve never been abroad without them. Convincing them that flying halfway across the globe (my first time outside of Europe) by myself to meet a bunch of ladies I only know through the internet might be a little difficult. And to complicate things, they already think I’m taking “this Twilight thing” too far.
3) Right now, I have no idea what I will be doing study-wise next September, let alone December 2012. So it might be a little complicated for me to decide on a date. I think my schedule will be more clear in September, but until then I can’t commit to anything.
Anyway… The point being that I really want to make it and I will try my hardest, but until further notice, everything I say should be taken with a big IF!

Point #2: Where~ I know Tonise already said Chicago, but I would just like to put my vote in on Forks or a larger city in the area: Seattle, Vancouver or even Port Angeles (although not that accessible, it might be cheap to stay at? I don’t know.) Wouldn’t that be beyond cool? (I don’t even have words to describe how cool it would be.) To see BD2 in the movie theatre of Port Angeles? If I (and everyone else) am going to spent that amount of money anyway, why not do it the right way?
Chicago would be great as well, of course. All I'm saying is maybe we should keep all our options open until we've done a bit more research. Especially if we think Chicago in winter is a bad idea, we might want to look at some other locations as well. And we might find some amazing, cheaper places to stay (hotels etc.) if we look a little further…

Point #3: When~ I looked it up and apparently BD2 will be released on November 16 for anyone who was still interested. I really like the option of seeing BD2 together (especially if we look at other locations), but you all made some good points about the holidays and such (We actually have an extra holiday on December 5, “Sinterklaas” which I’m sure Marielle or Paula has told you about.) Would you think it’s still in theatres in Januari? Probably not, right.
I have absolutely no idea if I can make it in April or summer 2012. And prices in the summer (even in May and June) are pretty high, so I don’t know. How about fall though? Since we’ve discussed winter, spring and summer now ;) But seriously, aren’t prices relatively low in September-October? And the weather might still be oke aside from some rain, right? (I have no idea about climate in the US.) Anyway, if we can do it cheap in the summer, I’m oke with that of course. It would surely be easier to plan.

Some last toughts: You girls are going sooo fast with this! I definitely need some more time to thing about this. We can maybe discuss it in some more detail over the next few weeks before deciding on something? It’s still very far in the future so we don’t have to decide this week, right? For me at least, it’s a major decision that I can’t make in one evening.
Anyway, everything I said is only if I’m able to make it. So just take my thoughts into consideration or not and I’ll see if it works for me.

Some quick responses:

Caryn Unfortunately, no I didn’t have my RobLibrary backed up. But I do now. It was just the one picture that “broke” and some of the documents for my internship. So I made a back-up of the rest. I don’t have a very large RobLibrary, just some pictures I’ve used for making wallpapers and stuff. So it’s not that big of a deal, just annoying.
Yeah, my mom’s pretty cool. ;) I’ll see if BtVS re-runs or something are still on Dutch tv.

Tammy That new plugin is really cool! Especially the picture on the right looks like it’s really been drawn! Just a quick thought here, but maybe if you darken the pictures just a bit, the white might look less “clean” and it may look even more like a sketch? I don’t know…

Tracy Thank you! It’s ok about Cosmopolis, I’m just interested if it’s any good. No rush. :)

Marielle If it all works out with the HHcon, I’d love to make travel plans together. I have absolutely zero experience with flying other than a school trip to Rome which is only a 3-4 hour flight and plane tickets etc had been arranged by the school. So it would be great to somewhat know at least one person on that plane.
I did a quick search just to see how much it would approximately cost and I did see roundtrip tickets to Vancouver (BC) for about 460 euro’s on a 10 hour non-stop flight in December 2011. Would that make the west more doable you think? Tickets in April were 1200 euro’s though. But as I said, I have no experience with these things and it was a really quick search so I don’t know…
We could also check flights from Rotterdam, Antwerpen or Brussel, they might be cheaper and it’s not that far of a drive. But anyway, I think I might be getting a little ahead of myself here…
And if it doesn’t work out, a European convention sounds like a great idea as well.
I love your idea of writing to SM and Rob about this convention! You should definitely do that. Write exactly about what you said before: “They should know that what they create brings together the world.” Then I’m sure they wouldn’t think we are a bunch of screaming tweens.
A Dutch HH meet-up with you and Paula sounds great

Paula Sorry about your tooth. It sounds extremely painful! All I can say is to have fate that your dentist is doing his best for you. As some of the people here have already suggested, try putting ice on it. You don’t have to put it in your mouth if that hurts too much with the wound. You can just hold an ice-pack against your cheek to reduce the swelling. I hope you will feel better soon!

Susie That "Solstice River" performance sounds really cool! I’ve never heard of it before. Please tell me or all of us how it was, if you have the time. You are definitely not rude! You’re right. I find it extremely difficult to have a normal conversation with someone I don’t know and I blush a lot. (Sounds like Bella, right. That’s part of why I like these books so much.) It’s a lot easier when there’s a computer screen in front of me and I have the time to think about my responses.

Ok, that already took way too long… Have to go. Bye!
Last edited by Suzan on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

*sneaks into the halfway house*
so uhm hi ? LOL I hope y'all remember me :D

I feel terrible for not posting for months and months, but with all this talk going on about the HH con i felt like poppin in and saying hi. I don't have any excuses for not posting, i guess I just didn't post for a while and then I felt so strange posting again not knowing what was going on with everyone. Although my adoration for Rob and Kristen has only increased in the past few months, so no worries about me getting tired of Twilight and Rob and Kristen ! :DD

To all the newbies, i'm not sure if there are many, My name is Shauni, I'm 18 and I live in Belgium. I just finished my first year of university and it was one big chaos. I used to be a great student up until I started uni LOL. Besides Rob, I'm also a huge fan of Kristen. I love them both equally, alone and together, mostly together though :D

About the HHcon, is sounds really fun, but I'll never be able to make it :) At least, not at the suggested dates. In December I have to study for exams and in April I still have school, and exams again in June and just going for the weekend isn't an option because plane tickets are at least €500 and I'm not gonna spend that much just for three or four days. I'd have to be able to plan a whole US trip around it, but you don't have to mind me because the chances of me making it are small anyway. First of all I need the money LOL :P I'm working on Saturdays now, but it'll still take me a while to save up the money and stuff so yeah :(

On another note : I'm SOOOOO excited for Breaking Dawn omg !! :DD ( also very excited for HP, so sad that it's almost over :'''''()

Also, I know some of you here have read The Hunger Games, I absolutely LOVE this series. So excited about the movie. I love JEnnifer Lawrence as Katniss, even though I'm still not over the fact that they didn't choose Hunter Parrish for Peeta.

I'll leave you with this : (I'm posting edits I found on tumblr; I didn't make them myself)
Rob
BD
And, like I always used to do when I popped in to say hello, I'll bring some Kristen into the HH :
She's so amazing
She looked absolutely amazing at the LAFF, if only Rob was there. Only Kristen can rock jeans on the red carpet
audience pics from the MMAs, they were so adorable that night omg
How is she even real idk
More BD goodness

edit : Suzan ~omggg another dutch speaking person :DDD Helloooo

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hello, Diva Darlins!! I hope you are all finding some time to be downright lazy and relaxed on this beautiful Sunday afternoon! I have been to church this morning, planned my goals/activities for next week. That’s one of the 7 Habits tips. Sit down before the week begins in a quiet place and plan your week. Include all of your appointments and schedule some time for personal growth along with the mundane daily stuff. As of tomorrow, my lazy streak will be coming to an end. It’s back to the gym for cardio each day, and I will be doing my annual deep cleaning/organizing of the house. But, today is all about NOTHING! LOL!
SUNDAY posts so far:
ANN MARIE~~ So sorry you have a headache. Hope it’s gone by now! Girl, I saw that HOTTIE on FB!!! It is most certainly a crying shape that no cute boys were around! I was so glad to read on FB that you’ve found reasonable ticket prices!!! You are so right! You can’t miss this!
PAULA~~ I completely understand about you not being able to make HHCon2012. Mommy-duty always comes first. I know SM herself would say that, too! I am VERY concerned about your tooth, My Dear! It sounds like you have a mammoth abscess! Please have it checked out ASAP and let us know how it goes.
MARIELLE~~ You bet! My Sunday’s going to be as LAZY as I can make it! What race are you watching today? What artists will you be hearing play today? I am right there with you on the cold weather thing! I was not relishing the idea of going to Chicago in the cold! I think the summer will be soooo much more pleasant! I also agree that early June will be best. Hope you enjoyed lunch!
SUZANNE~~ I absolutely love the idea of Forks, but it just doesn’t seem possible. We have so many of you girls from across the pond that it’s going to push financially to even make it to the East coast, I’m afraid that getting to the West coast would be a horrible strain on everyone’s pocket books. We completely understand that your schedule is up in the air at this point. I am so hoping that if we can get a place and date settled soon, everybody can begin putting money aside and making plans to be there.
SHAUNI~~ Hi, Girl!! It’s so good to see you posting!! Congrats on finishing your first year of college!! On the HHCon… maybe if we decide on a date in the summer, June to be exact… you could have a better chance of being there. I so hear what you’re saying on spending the money on a plane ticket and only staying 3 days. So… make a big deal out of it and stay for a week! Plan some other excursions in addition to the HHCon. BREAKING DAWN… Is it November yet??? LOL! BTW… I just finished reading THE HUNGER GAMES about two weeks ago! Soooooo excellent! I can’t wait for that movie either!
ASHLEY~~ I see you!! Hope you’re having a good day! :wave:
TAMMY~~ :wave: I see you, too!!! Hope you’re having a good day, also!
I’ll be back later tonight. If the sun will come out to stay, Tonise is going to the pool to play! 8-)
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Edited my post above ^^^^

Shauni Hi! Nice to meet you! I’m Suzan (or Suzanne if you prefer) and I’m new here. I live in the Netherlands (apparently you already figured that out, lol) and I’m almost finished with my bachelor on the university. I used to be a great student in school too, until I started at the univ. ;) And I love Kristen! Great pics!

Tonise (Please also read my edits in the post above.) Yeah, I know Forks will be difficult. But as I said to Marielle I did find some plane tickets to Vancouver for about 460 euro (about 650 USD). That's still a lot, but it's not that much more than Chicago. Anyway, I have zero experience with flying and such, so I really don't know. Call me a dreamer as well ;) It would be pretty awsome if we could do Forks. *sigh* All I'm saying is, it might be good to explore different options.
And it is going to happen, right? So we can start putting money aside no matter the where and when. (Saving is always a good idea ;) )
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Rachel~ Oh yes I liked Pros and Cons very much. I've read almost all of her stories and they're all fabulous, Songbird being my favorite. I have a policy of not starting fics unless they're complete or very nearly so. I started reading EP before it was finished and having to wait for updates (especially during the epic heartfails) drove me crazy, so I made a resolution not to read any more WIPs. The great thing about SydneyAlice is that she updates regularly and frequently so I don't have to wait very long for her to finish a story.

Susie~ Sorry you and SonnyBoy got into a fight, although I'm kind of confused about why he would want to put nail polish on his phone to begin with. :scratch: Is this something that's in vogue for teens right now? I hear you Auntie Susie. ;) I know I don't take enough time off. Hopefully I'll be able to apply my tax refund next year toward this trip. The last couple of years I've had unexpected expenses come up and I haven't gotten to use my refund for anything fun. I like your idea of finding a sponsor to help fund our convention, although I don't know who would do it. Maybe we should write to Oprah. She might find this to be an interesting story. :help:

Shauni~ :wave: Thanks for stopping in! We'd love to see more of you around here. Congrats on surviving your first year of university. :thumbsup:

HHCon 2012~ I don't necessarily have restrictions on when I can take time off from work, but based on my schedule the most convenient months for me to be out are March, June and September. I've seen talk about a possible European HHCon for the sisters across the pond if it proves too difficult for them to make it to the US. I think this would be an awesome idea as a back-up plan.

Okay I'm off to the movies now to see Green Lantern with my dad. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday sisters!
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Evening, sisters. Good grief! I'm away for two days and you all get all chatty! :lol: It's been a busy weekend around my house. Saturday, we did a good bit of cleaning, and then I had to go and help with soccer sign-ups. We went straight from their to soccer practice and then to a cook out and viewing party for the CONCACAF Gold Cup final game. Sadly, despite a great start, the US lost. But, we still had a great time and got to just hang out with very good friends. The family whose house we went to live further out in the country and have a large yard. Thank gods for that because we had 8 kids between the three families running about. Today, I had shopping to do to get the boys ready. They are leaving on a week-long roadtrip with my parents at the end of this week. Now, I'm home and we're continuing our marathon of watching all 7 HP movies leading up to the release.

But, on to posts...

Ashley~ Bummer! Well, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you are able to get the signature you need. :lol: Oh I do have a special place in my heart for The Corner!! I visit regularly. Though, it seems no one else seems to need it nearly as much as I do?

Tracy~ No worries. You can NEVER have enough Rob… especially looking like that! No, I haven’t seen LKoS, but I’ve heard great things about it. I’m a big fan of Forest Whitaker as well. So, maybe it’s one I should check out during the upcoming child-free week. Atonement is definitely worth the viewing. There’s a particular scene in a library that literally made me pant. But, James is wonderful in it.

Marielle~ I’m not shocked at all that the release of the Illustrated Guide is after the film. I’m sure there is a whole section on the wedding and the dress and they want to keep that as secret as possible for as long as possible. I’m totally with you. I want to see LOTS & LOTS of Rob&Kris during promotion and very little canine interruption… unless it’s Bear. :lol: I don’t think we’ll see any of McKenzie during BD1 promo, just because we don’t actually see her until BD2.

Suzan~ We’re a welcoming lot here. We love to include everyone in our plans… everyone who loves dear Rob that is. ;)

Tonise~ I’ll have to take a look at the calendar and examine those options. I am a fan of Chicago if for no other reason than I can drive back and forth. If we stay outside of Chi-town proper, hotels become a little more reasonable, too.

AnnMarie~ Hope you recovered from your night out quickly. :D

Fi~ Goodness!! Seems like everyone’s partying the night away these days! Well, get some rest and drink lots of water… bodypainting??

Susie~ I noticed that, too!! I’ve missed A LOT for a weekend. Hmmm, painted his phone? Well, you have one of two things. Either he just really didn’t think it would hurt it, or it’s his way of saying he wants a new one. *rolls eyes* Teenagers. Yes, more envelope stuffing. Friday, I watched New Moon. Thank gods for the FFW to Edward version! Made it short, but also gave me the ability to remain happy AND to watch it several times over. Double win! Thankfully, we don’t need to do much planning for Biggun. There are really only two weeks during which he’ll be on his own, so we’ll likely just leave him home. *gulp* Yes, I knew Laura had the map, but I though you also saved the link. Alas, I was wrong.

Christina~ Awww, thanks! I just say what I feel.

Paula~ Aww, sweetie. I’m so sorry you are having problems with your tooth! Ugh . Well, hopefully, the trip to the dentist tomorrow will be successful. We’ll be sending good vibes.

Shauni!!! Good gracious, looks like everyone is finding their way back home of late, doesn’t it!

RobRumours~ All the buzz at the moment actually surrounds the upcoming visit of Prince William and Princess Katherine to LA. During their visit, Prince William, as head of the BAFTA, will host a charity event for the BAFTA Foundation being put on to highlight and promote the British film industry to their Hollywood brethren. The rumour mill is all atwitter over whether or not Rob will be invited to the black-tie fundraiser. Good lord! Can you imagine? Rob at a royal function? Oh sweet mother!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY SUNDAY, EVERYONE!

HHCON -

Forks: I've been to Port Angeles and it couldn't handle us - it's not that glamorous. Seattle would be the best airport and then maybe stay in Olympia - but the more complicated we make it with rental cars, the more difficult it gets for many people. Forks would just be a side-trip (along with Port Angeles) and it IS a tiny town. We really can't stay there. If we had bigger budgets it would be great to do a long weekend with Port Angeles and Forks for a day. Keep in mind that most of what we want to do is spend time with each other Talking!!

Chicago
- Big, exciting U.S. city that would be fun for the Europeans and Americans alike. To take advantage of all that big, exciting stuff, we need to be in a downtown hotel, though otherwise the Europeans won't get their money's worth on their airfare. We need to be downtown with the skyscapers on the river, next to the lake for the total Chicago effect. Oh - Tonise - you said something about cab fare - If you fly in to Midway you can take the train into the city very easily. We really need Sandy to weigh in on this since this is her home turf.

Money or lack thereof - Perhaps we could have some sort of scholarship fund for those who have to pay a ton more because of an overseas flight or those with limited funds. What do you all think of that? Perhaps this could take the form of free hotel - i.e. those who have a little extra money could contribute to a hotel fund to be used for these gals. It really doesn't seem "fair" that the girls across the sea have to pay SO much more than those of us living in the U.S.for their flights And we wouldn't want any of our local sisters to miss out because they can't afford the hotel costs. What do y'all think?

June dates - don't forget that Father's Day in the U.S. is June 17, so that weekend won't work. I doubt the dads want to be left with the kids alone on Father's Day. So a second June weekend would be June 22-24.

Firming up Plans
- I think we should be careful not to commit to any plan too soon. I know we have our core group here at the HH House, but some members are fairly new and not quite sure they want to commit to yet, but in a few months, if they stick around, will feel more into the group. What's the latest we can book flights and hotels for June 2012 and still get good deals? We also need to brainstorm about a sponsor. We need to try to get as many of us there as possible.

Caryn
- I'm really interested in your thoughts on the HHCON dates - I know ChiTown is a great location for you, and I think June is good. God forbid it happen during your busy fall! The second reason you stated (wants a new phone) is probably the right one. Kudos for watching the delicious Robward in New Moon while working. Oh the kiddos will be gone will they? You and hubs will have some nice alone time!

Suzan - don't worry, The ideas are happening fast, not the actual booking. No need to make a commitment for a while. Also - Looks like I need to make another trip to the Netherlands before that to show your parents how "normal" we girls are. In all my trips to meet my Halfway House sisters there has been an initial - what the heck? sort of feeling until we actually met. Other family members have been a little slower to appreciate the relationship, but they come around after they see that it is indeed a real friendship and that we are actually all very nice people! So you could meet Marielle and Paula first.....

Christina - Confused about why put nail polish on a cell phone? You and me both. Not necessarily a fad - just an "artistic" person's idea. I hope you enjoyed your movie date with your dad. Are you parents staying with you this weekend?

Annmarie - We'll find a way to get you over here! Don't worry too much at this point, but start saving!

Tonise
- You've got me very intrigued about those 7 daily habits! It sounds like living a purposeful life. Which means if you have a purpose, think it and do it, but then if you need relaxation time with no purpose, plan that too and do it purposefully. Am I close? You sure are showing how well it works for you- you're sure "effective" about all this HHCON planning! Night swimming sounds divine, by the way! You weren't skinny dipping, though were you?

Shauni
- Good to see you. If fb is easier for you to check in on, we have a group there that you are an official member of! Congrats on finishing your first year at uni. Did you officially change your course of study? I'm afraid I forgot what you ended up doing. We need a European HHCon too! You're not that far from the Netherlands.... BEAUTIFUL PICS!!

Paula
- I'm so sorry about your tooth! How horrible! I hope you start getting some relief soon.

Marielle
- Good for you getting up early to play tennis! The dance performance was called "Global Dance". Sounds like you're having a fun day. Yes. You'll have to nap at work tomorrow.

Just in case any of you were worrying - Sonny Boy and I made up and he was able to scratch most of the nail polish off his phone. Correction to my original story - the first painting was done by him, not the girl. He saw her doing it and joined in. Then he decided he wanted a more "neutral" look and that's when he painted it all orange/red. Everything is OK now.

Tomorrow is Sonny Boy's college orientation. He gets to stay overnight and register for his classes (already). Parents can come during the day, but have to go home by 7pm. So that's where I'll be tomorrow. This is the college where I got my ESL teaching license and my Master's degree, so I feel very comfortable there.

Oh - and Sonny Boy's internship? He got permission to miss Monday and Tuesday this week. But, what do you all think of a job where you can't sit down? He has to stand behind a counter and welcome customers as they come in the bank. Many just go to the tellers, but if they need to see a banker, he takes their name and pages a banker. That's it. The rest of the time he is standing there doing nothing. Every day he sneaks a seat and then is told that he can't sit down!!! This week the boss is going to get him going on some filing and then let him sit with a banker to learn some things. On Wednesday he is going to dress in jeans and move boxes all day! (better than standing at a counter). We hope that he will be given more responsibility and perhaps breaks to sit down, otherwise, I don't know if he'll be able to handle it. I know I wouldn't be able to and I don't think I would make him stick with it under those conditions.

Sorry for the rambling!

See you tomorrow!