Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Susie: It's some sort of State workforce deal, but that's the only recourse with this program--they're the only place to go as far as they're concerned. Of course, I have new issues with them now (read more later).

Sonbird: It's free, but it doesn't mean that it's entirely worth while. I've been working with them for a few years now, but especially the last year it's gotten tougher and tougher for me to work with them on any real level. And as I told Susie, I have now some new issues with them.

Susie and Sonbird: I mentioned that I have some new issues with them. I woke up sometime after my father visited tonight and he told me that they tried calling him or my mother to have a meeting with them Friday, at 2:45 PM, where as my meeting was supposed to be Friday at 8:45 AM. I don't know what caused that mix up, but seeing as how they lost some important paperwork in the past and never found it, it doesn't entirely surprise me that they got this stuff mixed up.

And as far as I'm concerned, if they want to talk to me and my mother, they can talk to us together, but tomorrow won't work because she's busy with working, so it won't work out for us this time. This means that I have to go and call them tomorrow (this) morning and let them know that I have to reschedule--and I might ask them why they want to see one of my parents while I'm at it. If either of you have any questions or concerns, PM me and I'll be glad to answer them.

EDIT: Susie and Sonbird: Everything, at least for tomorrow, is OK. It was just a mix up with the times and such and my parents only have to come if they want to. Still, I'm not especially hopeful that anything good will come out of this meeting. You can still send me a message if you'd like to know about my issues with them that are still withstanding.

Everyone: At least it's not all bad news about what I'm gonna be doing tomorrow (well, not today, actually). The World Endurance Championship entry list is due to be revealed, and I'm hoping that an announcement about what Audi may be doing, though I can figure out the driver lineups and stuff like that.

So I'll call that place later this morning and talk to them about that meeting and stuff like that. The only Kristen or Rob news that I have is some new Kristen in Paris photos and some new Bel Ami posters.

EDIT: LM and WEC entry list out--confirms 4 Audi R18s at Le Mans. Two will be hybrids, and two will be normal diesels. I'll report more later.

And one of my friends on Facebook says that she's made it her goal to own a Volvo S60--I wonder why?

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Lynne, how nice is it to have the day to yourself? Does it feel weird? And the sun is shining besides? Sounds like you need to take advantage of it! I guess it’s sunny here today, it’s just still really cold! Australia is definitely calling me today! Oh no….termites! That sounds kind of fishy to me. You have a contract with them, but they are trying to get you to pay more to have other stuff done or that contract is void? Something doesn’t sound right…

Christina, Happy hump day indeed! Well, I guess it’s happy day AFTER hump day to me, but still.

Tracy, I think bra shopping in general is just blech! I don’t know a single woman who gets excited about going to get new bras. I have a friend who was quite happy to find out she needed a double mastectomy and would no longer need bras at all! (it was beginning stages of cancer, so the surgery took care of it and she needed no further treatment) I agree...I love Rupert in the later movies! He’s hilarious! As for a trainer, I’m new at this gym and I haven’t seen any trainers walking around and they didn’t do any sort of assessment when I first started…so I don’t know whom to ask. I would think they would HAVE to have some trainers working there, but I don’t know where to find them…something to look into, I guess!

Brenda, I’m going to be anxious to know which one of the New Moon Canon Tour Ffics is yours! I’ve only read the first 12 (a couple of them were really long and I’m a slow reader), but I find myself wondering “Does that sound like Brenda?” You mentioned you weren’t thrilled with the carnations in your flowers…what’s wrong with carnations? They are my favorite because when I was about…11, I think, my mom gave me 3 carnations for valentines day. We were pretty poor growing up, so it was a real treat to get that and those were the first flowers I ever got. So they have a special meaning to me. That’s exactly what I was thinking about the exercising…build up my endurance and then start sticking the vacustep in again and building it up gradually until I’m able to do it the recommended 3 times a week.

Marielle, I love them playing golf on the DH extras! I think it’s so cool that they are all friends outside of filming…especially Tom Felton…how hard must that be? Play enemies all day and then go out golfing together later. LOL Good luck with the job!! I guess nerdy isn’t the right word for Dan/Harry…he’s just not the sex symbol that some other heroes are, you know what I mean?

Sean
, I don’t know what to tell you…I’d still say stick with it on the off chance that they help. Kind of like the stock market…you have to diversify, not put all your money into one stock. If you quit the state program, it’s just YOU working to find a job, which you’ve already been doing, correct? Why reduce the number of people looking? Even if they aren’t the most on the ball, they may have resources you don’t have access to on your own. I’m sorry it’s so frustrating.

I am NOT a happy camper…Bol.com finally put up a pre-order for BD1 and it doesn’t come out until March 16th here!! WHAT? I know the first movie didn’t come out here for a while, but I ordered it on Amazon UK and had it way before it came out here, but after that they came out right around the same date as in the states…why do we have to wait more than a MONTH for this one? Grrrr!!! Rant over.
I’ve got a meatloaf in the oven and it’s making me so hungry! But I'm feeling super tired and my throat is feeling kind of funny...MUST NOT GET SICK!
So…I’m so excited for my friend! She found out in…October or so that she was pregnant. She had been trying for over a year and was having problems after her IUD was removed. So she was super excited…this was her 2nd child. Right around Thanksgiving she started bleeding and cramping and was very upset. She had no health insurance so she couldn’t go have it checked out right away and was convinced she miscarried. They had tried so hard to get pregnant and she had wanted it so much. So she was having some pain this past week and she thought she had a hernia. She went to the doctor and they did a test and it turns out she never actually miscarried like she thought…she is now 18 weeks preg and she didn’t even know it. They sent her for an ultrasound immediately and apparently everything is fine and she’s having a little boy. I’m so thrilled for her. I have never heard of something like that and didn’t even know it was possible…a real miracle baby!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Songbird: The problem is that they're not doing any better than I have been, and it's been like that since I lost my job at the library a couple of years ago, and it's been especially bad with the new coordinator I've had the past few months. I'll go to the meeting tomorrow, and I'll see if I can get anything out of it, but it's been extremely frustrating and depending on how it goes and after I talk it over with my parents, I might opt out, which I'm gonna more than likely have to do anyways.

Everyone: Any of you dislike that Audi commercial? If so, then it seems that Audi of America's parent company (Audi AG) and their motorsports arm (Audi Sport) are out to rub it in a bit, as Audi have entered 4 cars at this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans, split between two teams of two cars each carrying the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 as a result of Audi winning Le Mans last year and ILMC champions Peugeot withdrawing from racing a couple of weeks ago. Audi also have at least 2 cars entered in the ILMC's successor, the WEC, and will, per rumor, enter 3 cars in the 12 Hours of Sebring, which is a joint ALMS/WEC round. Ironically, Audi would maybe be running the ALMS this year if not for Audi of America's resistance to fund such a program, and Audi of America is responsible for the Vampire ad that some people on the homepage aren't happy about.

More info will come out in due time, but full details of Audi's entires, aside from 2 cars being diesel hybrids and 2 being diesels, have yet to be released. This is what Audi has released so far:

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/ ... 7462.shtml

Audi will run non-hybrids at Sebring, but the hybrid, which will be publicaly launched later this month, will race at Spa on May 5.

I have to go to bed so I can get up early to get some things done, including going to that meeting and maybe visiting mom at work tomorrow to go over it.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

I could get used to this kind of schedule - sleep late, leisurely breakfast, PT exercises, shower and dress, get online to Lex/fb/email, and then go out for lunch/coffee/shopping. Should I feel guilty about taking time off to recuperate? NO, I won't feel guilty. I need the sleep and I need to focus on my exercises and taking a slow pace. I also need to go out and build up my endurance walking and standing so I'm ready for the demands of teaching. Whew. That feels better. Guilt-free!

Sean - Make the best of that meeting. I know I keep talking about being positive, but it really does make a difference. The more people you meet and talk to, the better. Put your friendliest face forward and adopt a problem-solving attitude. Remember that these people are probably overwhelmed with their caseload. There have probably been cutbacks and each employee may have had to take on more work than is manageable. Try a little understanding and see how that goes. They are humans.

SongbirdSusan - That's great news about your friend's pregnancy! Sorry about the DVD delay. You'll really appreciate it when you get it. Hey - you guys got Water for Elephants before the U.S. did!! Do no get sick. I gargle with warm salt water twice a day and I just don't get colds anymore. Meatloaf sounds fabulous....

Marielle
- I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Lynne
- I watched that video of the rain run-off and was quite shocked!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with all that trouble with your house!! That's expensive stuff! Do you think you could sue the developer? Any chance for legal action? It really isn't fair at all.

Brenda
- Awww - you are very sweet to say those things about me! Congrats on getting your contract all squared away. Now you can start making some money for Chicago!!

Tracy
- Ahem... I believe I am 5 years older than Kristen Scott-Thomas. Just sayin'. The Oscars - I plan to see the Descendents next week and The Artist and Iron Lady and Moneyball (netflix). Don't know if I can handle Dragon Tatoo. I've seen Midnight in Paris. Tree of Life is on netflix queue too. I don't really want to see Extremely Loud and Warhorse. I'm not as much a purist like I used to be about making sure I see everything. PT - I am doing really well. I am amazed at what a difference it makes. I'm doing about 10 exercises a day on both legs. I'm even MARCHING! No more crutches. I'm feeling very hopeful about being able to walk distances painfree!

Christina - Thanks for those Tyler pics - I thought Rob looked gorgeous in that movie. Too bad it's such a downer movie that I really don't want to watch it anymore. Where to buy DVD? Well, I will probably just grab it at B&N or Target whenever I see it. Should I be thinking harder about this?

I'm actually going to cook dinner tonight, so I need to get some things at the grocery store.

Catch you later!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

older_twilight_fan wrote:Holy @&$%#!! :swoon: There's a lot more where that came from....check out Robsessed for more steamy screencaps from BD Part 1
That's a wonderful picture to go over the bedroom fireplace! :shock: :swoon:
Grayce
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all! I'm off to work for my publisher again today. Last day of the working week!

Sean - you know, I've become a bit partial to volvos over the past few years although I hated them with a passion before then! I wonder why ? ;)

Songbird - I don't think it's fishy, it's just that this was a new guy and he was waaaaaay more thorough than previous people they'd sent out. He may have been overly cautious. Yes, BD Pt1 isn't out until March 15 over here, either! I am absolutely furious that I have to wait a MONTH longer than most people! :rant:

Susie
- We just don't have the money to do anything like that. Besides, if the property was sold to us like that, and we knew it at the time (although we didn't know the other properties didn't have any drainage) I'm not sure there's any legal leg to stand on. We would have more success asking our neighbours to put drainage in, although I don't think they can afford it either.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

:wave: So we've moved threads again, huh? My how time flies. I know I had posted on FB a week ago (or maybe longer :oops: ) that I'd be posting here soon, but today I had my GED exam so I've been brushing up on a few things (mainly re-memorizing all the different math formulas I'd need) as well as studying a bit for my ACT which is next week. And then there's the whole applying to college thing that'll be happening in a few months, and so I've been trying to get together all of the information I want and need beforehand, especially since I'll be going to visit my mother the weekend after my ACT exam to talk to her and her husband about things like financial aid, and getting all the information I need from them for that as well as talking about how much they'll be able to help me out and if it would be possible to visit the colleges I'm accepted to before I give my final answer to each of them since there's no way I can visit all of them before applying. Sadly though, I stopped trying to keep caught up on my phone many posts ago, but I do have a few quick replies from the last thread below, so please excuse me if they don't make too much sense at first since they are for conversations from almost a full month ago.

Tonise~I thought about getting a sleeper car - especially if I take the morning train (almost a 4am depart time!) - but it doesn't make too much sense to do that for a train ride that's only about 4 hours long, although I'm going to be purchasing my tickets soon and have my eye on the trains that have a dining car and a few extra amenities. (Although I'd also be a bit worried to get a sleeper car just because I'm a heavy sleeper and am afraid I wouldn't get off at the correct stop!)

Christina~I saw your question about the BD DVD. I'm planning on getting mine at Target if by the time I get the money for it they still are giving out the flower thing with them - I'm broke for now and may not be able to get it until next month or after - but if not, I'll get the wedding dress version from WalMart(?) since the DVD extras are all the same.

Well I am off to try and catch up on my leisure reading and other things I've been neglecting for the past month! I'll (hopefully) be back again sooner than next month! :lol:
Last edited by ♥midnight_sun♥ on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Sisters and Bro!! I am here to make a quick hello post tonight! I'll be back to do a mega post for tomorrow!
This has been a very busy week, but a great one! :D Y'all have a terrific TGIF! See you tomorrow! (((HUGS!)))
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I just want to say Thank you for my Birthday Wishes. It really means a lot to me especially since I am hardly here anymore, with all that is going on. I miss you girls very much but until these lil ones start elementary my social life is pretty much next to none. When I can I will always pop in here even if it is just to say hello.

Hugs!
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

It was a busy day at work for me today. I think we got a lot of good stuff done, though, so that's good! Little Man frustrated me this afternoon, though, by being unable to remember anything that happened in school today, not even the games he played at lunchtime! It's so frustrating! I'm starting to think there's something wrong with him!

Ashley
- Good luck with the ACT next week. I hope you get the marks you need to get a good place at college.

Desiree
- you do sound busy. Everyone seems pretty busy at the moment!