Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

The next 8-12 hours will be very busy for me, well, actually the whole day.

I have to leave here just after 8:00 to get to that meeting, and I'm gonna have to wait for my brother to get back from his appointment to get home, then I might have go get up or stay up to watch our woodstove while he's out with Grandam to get her Social Security check cashed, then later I hope to get back up so I can visit mom and tell her about the meeting and ask her about something and get my brother's and Grandma's groceries.

So between that and having to stay up now to watch the woodstove and split wood, I'm sort of not looking forward to today.

And I have nothing more to report about the LM/WEC entry lists.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

Just some quick replies from me today. I’m watching the sky like a hawk, they predicted snow and I don’t want to get stuck here at work…

Anyway,

Lynne, I saw on the news about extreme flooding in Australia, are you having issues as well? Be careful…

Songbird, yeah, I was happy to see that outside the set Tom Felton had become good friends with everybody. I believe it couldn’t be easy… I love that Emma Watson had said that she had a crush on him during the second movie….

Susie, as you mentioned to Tracy you plan on seeing a lot of movies… I agree on not watching War horse, I couldn’t handle a sad story like that… I would be crying all along…I’m not a big fan of Margret Thatcher, she destroyed quite a bit during her reign, I think I would be cursing like a sailor at her is I go watch her movie…

Ashley, I hope all your exams went well and I hope you get your finances sorted out soon.

Sean, I wish I could help you get a job, I have been doing that for friends for years now, advising and searching for them but I really have no idea about your town or region so I can’t go looking for you online.

A small gift for Friday!!!

Well I’m already very late to start work, and they just put out a weather alarm for this region, so I better start doing something so that I can leave before the weather gets too bad…
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Marielle: Could it help if I can tell you about where I live, what type of work I'm looking for and stuff like that? That being said, you helping might be easier said than done, with how messed up things are around here, but thanks for offering help anyways--just by offering help you've been more help it seems than that group I've been working with :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Sean, it might be worth give it a try... I wouldn't mind spending a bit of time on helping you. Send me a pm with any info you like to share. I might not be able to help you very fast, I have to read up on the US job market but I have some useful links from my time in the job business...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

marielle - yes, I was watching that on the news, too. It's inland from us here in Brisbane. Not close enough to be a problem for us. There's a huge band of rain running through their neck of the woods at the moment. It's certainly bringing back memories of last year, though!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Marielle: The PM will have to wait, because I have a few things that I need to finish up (online, getting ready for that meeting and some home duties), but I will send you something as soon as I can get a chance. Today will be a busy day for me and I'll probably be dead tired after that meeting, and I'd like to try and meet my mother today if that can work out. So my PM will be late, but I will try and send you something.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Sean, good luck with whatever you decide to do. Susie’s right…I imagine they are overloaded because of the recession. The number of people who need help has probably increased exponentially, while they may have had to let people go themselves. How did the meeting go?

Susie
, don’t you dare feel guilty! You need the time to recuperate! I am so going to gargle with salt water and see if I can kick this thing before it gains momentum. I also took some zinc, and ate oranges for breakfast and I have some yogurt for good bacteria…I’m going to get rid of this thing! Thanks for the tip! And my friend’s doctor apparently thinks she might have had a twins and miscarried one, or it was a blood clot or a bit of placenta. They were all really shocked to hear a heartbeat. I didn't even know such a thing could happen...so strange.

Grayce, hi, I don’t know you, but hi!

Lynne, I guess that makes sense if it was a new guy. I thought it was the same one you had worked with before and THAT would be totally fishy. Sorry you have to wait a month for BD1 too!! And sorry you aren’t getting answers from little man…mine do the same thing. “I don’t remember.”

Ashley, nice to see you pop in! Did you already take the GED then? How did it go? Good luck on the ACT…I really hated the ACT. Blech. I’d be fine if it wasn’t timed, but I’m such a slow reader that the reading and science sections are too long for me to finish. I did really well on the math and English sections, but the reading and science killed me. Do you have to take the SAT, too? Good luck with applying to colleges!

Hi Tonise! Hope you are having a good Friday!

Desiree, it’s hard to find time with little ones, isn’t it? My son started school in December or I wouldn’t have come on the Lex. I finally have a bit of time!

Marielle, I know..so cute how the cast had crushes on each other. And now they are all almost like siblings. It’s so great! You call that a SMALL gift for Friday?? It was YUMMY! Thank you for making a very happy Friday!

It’s snowing!!!! Yay! It always looks so pretty when it snows. My daughter wants to go play outside in it, but there’s not enough on the ground yet and she’s fallen asleep beside me. I guess I should go shower and get ready…I have a performance tonight with choir. Nothing big…one of our members is turning 50 and asked us if we would sing a couple of songs at his party, but it will be my first performance with them since I had no voice in December and couldn’t perform with any of the Christmas concerts. On the one hand, I’m excited for my first one, on the other, I’ve got a cold and would really like to just stay home and rest. But I forgot to ask for the phone number of the people picking me up, so I can’t call it off. Might be fun anyway! And it’s only supposed to be short because birthday boy can’t handle late nights. But one of the songs we’re doing is one I don’t really know because they’ve rehearsed it a grand total of 2 times since I’ve been with the choir. I got out the music and practiced today. Good thing it’s repetitive!
Oh, and my gym is opening up on Sunday afternoons now, to attract women who are intimidated by working out around men. They are opening up just for women on Sunday afternoons...very happy about that!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Happy Friday folks!!

Tonight a couple of our friends are coming round for tea (we're gonna get a Chinese I think), some adult beverages ( ;) ) and some banter. Should be good as we haven't really seen them since new year!!
Tomorrow we are going with BabyE & BabyR to try on the flowergirl dresses! And in the morning I am going to get a "mini facial" with my mom...never had one before, so wondering what it will be like LOL.
And then, on Sunday, we are off for a day at the races (horseracing). Looking forward to that too!

What's everyone else's plans for the weekend?

To the posts!

Christina - My mom got a Kindle for Christmas and I think it looks really cool!! I read so much stuff (ahem, fanfic LOL) on my phone now though that it seems daft me getting a Kindle too. But I do like them!!

Sean - How did the meeting go? I know you said to folk already that they aren't very useful, but having someone (even someone who isn't very good!) helping you is better than no one at all. Can you registar for job alerts online? Or sign up to some online agencies? That's what I do when I'm looking for a new job. Also, I know they may not be the greatest of jobs, but is there some fast food place/bar/petrol station near you, that you could get a job at? I know, maybe not what you're looking for, but they normally high a lot, since the turnover rate is high. Good luck anyway!

Lynne - I will post a photo of the dress, but not till after the wedding. I love the veil! I like them a lot, not sure why Haha! I'm not wearing it over my face though, just for show. Is that what people do in Australia, or do folk still wear them over their face?

Ginnie - Sending some more eHugs your way Sister! We are all here for you, if you need to talk.

Caryn - Like I said to you on fb, thank you for your beautiful kind words about my dress!! You are one powerful writer Sister! Thanks - they meant a lot to me!
Superbowl fever sounds like it's a pretty good time!!

Susie - Nope I didn't see Bridesmaids LOL. I don't think I want to now haha!
Of course you shouldn't feel guilty! You just concentrate on healing your knee! How long do you have off work?

Songbird - My hen night dress isn't going to be strapless, even though it is in the pic I posted LOL. It has removed wee straps. It's not that I don't mind showing my shoulders etc, it's just I like to have something to separate the big bit of skin (if that makes any sense at all LOL!). The main reason I have a strapless wedding dress is because there was very little choice of dresses with straps! Apparently they are coming back into season this year... LOL. I will defo wear heels during the day & for photos (I'm not that tall LOL) but at night, I'm gonna go for pumps. I was never a ballet dancer either so maybe I will practicing dancing in them first ;)
About the gym thing: I agree that asking at the gym for a trainer/advisor would prolly be the best place to start. But Tonise lost a lot of weight & goes to the gym quite a bit - maybe you could ask her about that too?
I love the snow!! We don't have any here, but it is pretty cold just now.
Btw, I am LOVING all your mega posts!!

Tracy - My veil is ivory, to match the dress, and is kind of layered down to my waist (maybe slightly higher). It has a few sparkly bits through it, and is piped at the end with satin. I'm not wearing it the tradional way over my face, and instead it will just fall behind me, for show really. I will post a picture of it after the wedding!

Brenda - Thanks for your flower comments - I actually really like irises. I have never seen blue ones though - I will have to look them up! Thanks also for the info on what you remembered - I imagine you are right; I won't really be bothered with them on the day. Who's idea was it to carry flowers in the first place?? LOL!

Marielle - That's great abou the possibility of a new job!! Keep us posted on how it turns out :)

Ashley - Good luck with all your exams!!

Tonise - Hey there! Glad your week has been great!!

Desiree - Happy belated birthday! Sorry I guess I missed it before. I hope you are your family are feeling a bit better now after being ill! :)

Friend's will be here soon so need to go get tidied up a bit - enjoy your weekend everyone!

Bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

It's the Weekend, Everyone!

BREAKING DAWN PART 1 VIEWING REDUX: The movie is at our local cheap theatre now and tonight I'll be seeing it with the same ladies I went to the Preview/Midnight Show with -the birthday party crew. I'm really looking forward to it!! There is only one showing, at 9:30 pm, so we're going to meet at the winebar across the street beforehand. The ladies have only seen each other that one time and now will be the second time. (You know how I like to bring people together! 8-) )My friend from 7th grade is going to spend the night at my house since she lives an hour away and it will be late. Sleepover!! Then tomorrow we're going to a French bakery/cafe for breakfast.

Grayce - Welcome to the Halfway House! Get comfortable and stay for a while.

Jaclyn - Sounds like a fun evening! Well, you might as well wait until after you're married to see the movie Bridesmaids. There is a famous (or infamous) scene where they all experience the effects of food poisoning while trying on dresses and it's over the top gross. I actually can't stand to watch that part.

Susan
- The warm salt water really works. The only reason more people don't do it is because there are no advertisements for it and the pharmaceutical companies don't make any money on it. I'd like to say the snow sounds lovely - we usually have about 3 feet on the ground here this time of the year - but now we've been having record breaking temps in the 40's all week. Just plain weird. And a bit scary. Usually we have temps around 0 degrees F this time of year. That being said, I'm kind of getting used to the mild weather and not having to shovel.

Marielle - I want to see Iron Lady primarily to see Meryl Streep. I hope you don't get caught in a snowstorm. Have a fun weekend!

Sean - I'm glad you've got a lot on your schedule today - it obviously lifts your spirits to get out of the house. I hope things go well!

Lynne
- I wouldn't worry about your son not remembering what he did at school. That is very age appropriate. There's nothing wrong with him. He puts all his energy into the demands of the school day - there are so many things going on in his mind, so much to react to. Also, we know their brains at that age are definitely in the moment, which means once the moment has passed, they're focusing on the next moment. You'll have to get used to being out of the loop a little, which is hard when you've shared every part of his life up until this point.

Desiree - Hello There! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a good birthday.

Ashley - Good luck with all of that college planning. It is nerve-wracking!

Have a great weekend!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hey all. Just wanted to stop in and let you all know that I'm still alive. Yesterday was hectic as all get out and I was so exhausted by the time I got home that I crashed hard. I ended up just curled up on the couch watch crap TV with Littlun after supper and then went straight to bed. Today, despite having the day off, has been a bit stressful. I went a little batty and decided to get things cleaned up around the house as it really hasn't been cleaned in a good long while. Between that and taking care of a few other matters for the house, it's been a bit more crazy than I anticipated for my day off. I realized today that I've been increasingly absent from here and I hate that. RL just seems to be popping up a little more of late. Hopefully that will pass.

But, I did want to keep my promise and get online and post the pictures of myself and Shaun Robinson, andme with Edwin McCain. It really was a cool atmosphere yesterday, a cool experience.

I have to run. Littlun is home and asking for some MommyTime, pluse I've got to get an idea about supper.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS