Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

marielle - there was that scene in the first trailer with the other girl, the one where they get the note about Bella and Edward's wedding (you know, with the woman who Demetri throws against the wall). I think that would probably be a good three minute scene.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Yay for Friday!!! I am so needing the weekend! I wish we didn't have to go anywhere, but my friend is being baptized, and I really feel like I should be there for that. But that's the only thing we have to do this weekend, and we'll go to my in-laws' house that day, too because they live in the same area, so we can combine seeing Oma and Opa so it's a fun thing for the kids, too.

Desiree, I was lucky that we lived in a very small town, so there were no cuts made to any of the teams. Anyone could join anything. But I think you're right about paying for activities..someone told me that now they have to pay something like $25 for one activity and $5 or $10 for each additional activity. I'd have never been able to be in everything if we'd had to do that. I'm glad I got the opportunities I did, but I don't know HOW I juggled it all!

Tammy, did you draw that??? It's amazing!

Sarah, Good for you, making yourself study. Glad you had fun at the Dog Park!
I WAS uber busy in high school. I was your classic over-achiever, voted most likely to succeed, taking all the AP classes that were available, all the academic activities, etc...but it was the only way I would get to do college. My parents were divorced, my dad did not believe in higher education, especially for girls, my mom was self-employed and didn't make enough to even break poverty line wage. The only way to go to college was to get scholarships, and the way to get scholarships was to get good grades and be in a lot of activities because well-rounded students get the money. So that's what I did. It was pretty insane schedule-wise, but it worked.

Susie, I want to see that. I've heard great things about it and I saw Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence both on Ellen, but it's not playing here yet and wasn't in the "coming soon" section either, so I guess I'll have to wait. I also want to see Les Mis.
Sounds like your memoir is going well!
Hrmmm....we need to get Miss Caryn back here! Do we have anything to tempt her with?
I actually don't have very far to go on school runs. The school is only 2 blocks from my house so we're there in 2 minutes. The only time I hate it is when it's pouring rain. One time, MM had an accident at school and the pants they gave him were SOOOO big they wouldn't stay up. It was pouring down rain, so I had brought the kids' umbrellas, and had my own, but MM couldn't hold his umbrella AND his pants up, so his pants kept falling down around his ankles every 2 or 3 steps and I couldn't hold MY umbrella, HIS umbrella, and the backpacks so that he could hold his pants, and I couldn't hold his pants up and walk at the same time, and I had my hands too full to carry him. That trip took us a lot longer than the usual 2 minute walk, and it was a LOT colder and we were still pretty wet when we got home. But usually it's really quick, and the grocery store is only a couple of blocks the other way, so I take the kids to school, then walk to the grocery store and get what I need, and then walk home...it makes a big circle, basically, and is very convenient. I think what I need to do is write everything down and maybe make a plan for the week where I do one thing each day to clean on days that I don't work. If I have to work, there's no way I can do anything else because it's such a physical job (it's all walking) that I'm on my feet for the whole time, so I ride my bike 15-20 minutes to get there, walk for 5 hours, then ride my bike home, go to the grocery store really quick before I pick the kids up from school, and by then my legs are just DEAD and there's no way I can do anything but something simple and fast for dinner. I think making a plan for the days I don't work would help me to keep things in better order.

Lynne, take a deep breath. You've already sold several to people here, right? And won't your family buy a few copies to help support you? I hope the school libraries pick it up though! 1000 is a lot of books. I thought you said she was only printing 500 to start with?

Marielle, I was told that most DVD players now have a code where you can change the code to region free, but I don't know how it works. I tried to do it with my in-laws' DVD player so I could do my workout there when we go, but I couldn't find the code. Supposedly you can look it up on google by typing in the model number and "region free code", but the only thing I could find on the model my in-laws have said it should already be region free, but it wasn't.
I cheated and already watched Pitch Perfect online. I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD, but I don't need to see it in the theater. Thank you though!! It is REALLY funny.

Amanda Beth, that would be frustrating! My best friend lives in LA and she loves it, but she works from home so she doesn't have to drive anywhere. My husband and I lived in different countries when we started dating. We talked to each other on the phone every day, got on line most days, and took trips to see each other. It's hard, but it can work if you really want it to. Good luck with it.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

At least I'm not as bad off as I was yesterday so far today.

I still haven't started chapter 4 of my fan fic yet--that seems to be a weekend project. At least it'll be warm this weekend while I work on it. And in case anyone didn't catch it, the link I put in the text of my last post is the character who's POV chapter 4 will be told form, and she'll be a unique case of one of my favorite types of Twilight creatures--that's all the hint dropping I'll do for now until I get started.

Today is my last day at work, and, yes, Songbird, I did try the chicken Philly sandwich--pretty good, actually.

I'll try and make it though today and then I'll have a nice weekend where I can work on fan fic and other stuff, too.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We're in for a stinking hot weekend here. Temperatures will be high until Tuesday. It's already muggy and it's only 6.30 am! I hate this weather.

Songbird - Rochelle is talking about getting 1000 from the outset. Also, some of these sales can certainly be ebooks, which don't have to be printed. I don't care what kinds of sales I get so long as I sell them!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Made it though work, now I'm home, a bit tired, a bit achy, but that's to be expected. At least I'm learning to pace myself at work--I've been getting stressed about work piling up since the new year.

Gonna watch Ancient Aliens (about stuff that sounds like it was taken from a certain Japanese manga comic/anime cartoon series that's influencing my fan fic), read, and maybe work on aforementioned fan fic. Strangely enough, I was reminded of a quote by Caius from BD referring to Nessie: "You breed mutants here!" Yeah, I'd love to show Caius some mutants alright...

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Holy Rob.... I'm actually here making a post. It's been so long I almost forgot my password to log in. I took some NyQuil so this is just a fly by. I forgot how much I loved coming to the Lex. I do miss you all.
Tammy - I am so sorry about your mom. Yes, someone should be held accountable.
Lynne - is The Heir up for sell? I want to purchase a copy.
Hello to everyone else. I'm going to bed now.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone!

Today was yet again another busy day..I'm hoping this weekend is quieter! I worked a half day in the office and then tried to come back and nap but Rolph wouldn't let me since it was so nice out..silly dog! Jason kept me up with all his coughing since he's still finishing up all his cold meds. Oh well..I will hopefully sleep more this weekend as well study. The office has been super busy with the beginning of tax season.

Jason and I had a gift card for a local steakhouse so we hit happy hour tonight :) now it's Friday night TV and reading :) so much fun!

Posts..

Lynne- do you have a summary of the Heir anywhere? I'd like to read it..you may have linked it before, sorry! And that sounds like a pretty long book or is that just me? I haven't written anything beyond a college paper in years!

Song- a quiet weekend sounds perfect for you! Good! And I haven't been studying that much, but thanks! I wish I had done more in high school. I'm so impressed that you did all that to get to college!

Amanda- sorry about the commute issues :( that sounds terrible. Are there back ways you can take? Or schedule around traffic if you can?

Susie- we own a German Shepard/lab mix that Jason adopted before I came along. It took some time but Rolph loves me now too! I was a bit nervous to take him because I've never done it before without Jason and Rolph got really excited and didn't want to leave. He's harder to control when he's excited and much stronger than I am that's all :) Silver Linings Playbook is on my must see list but it has to hit the cheap theater first. :) I love Jennifer Lawrence!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Just got a Subway Chipotle Chicken Footlong while I was at Walmart with my brother. The best $5 I've spent in a while.

I'll start working on my fan fic soon, and remember, Rob is supposed to be a presenter (at least from what I've read) at the Golden Globes tomorrow night.

As for the fan fic, when I get it published, it'll be one of the longer chapters, since I have to explain certain things about the character, her situation, her powers/abilities, and what she and her husband have to do with the character that so far has been the main antagonist (he does become an anti hero--and will always be the but of most of the jokes in my story, regardless of him being a bad or good guy).

I'm also gonna try and enjoy the warm weather, because after today, I'm supposed to have only one more day of it.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's going to be another hot day here today. I hate summer. At least it's supposed to be cooling down a bit as of tomorrow.

Amy - no, The Heir isn't out until June. Don't worry, I'll make sure you all know the minute it's available! ;)

Sarah - It's about 75,000 words, which isn't that long. Twilight would have been more than twice that long. Most first time YA authors are supposed to aim for between 60,000 and 80,000 words. The blurb on the back of the book is on my author page on FB in the 'about' section. That's the best I've got, though.

Here's the blurb from The Heir:

Sarah hates the prestigious high school she attends. Most of the other students ignore her. School is only made tolerable by the presence of Dan Bradfield, the boy she adores. Dan is the heir to his father's multinational computer company, but he is dating Sarah's best friend, Jillian.

When tragedy strikes, Dan is the one who is there for Sarah, but she can't shake the feeling there is something strange about him. Is he protecting her from something? Is there something going on that she doesn't know about?

And did she really see a monster in the bushes?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got a good start on Bio-Booster Armor Twilight chapter 4. The main character in this chapter is about to demonstrate her powers on the present antagonist, and she'll soon stumble upon a revelation about Bella.

I'm about to take a bit of a nap before I get up, get dinner, watch some cooking shows and get some reading in before I go ahead with trying to get more done with this chapter, which I've already gotten a ton written already in the brief time I've worked on it.

Also, I know that I mentioned it on FB, but did any one here know that you can get reusable ice cubes. They're just water housed in a plastic box that you can freeze, put in a drink, rinse off and refreeze. My brother found a lot of them at Dollar Tree for very cheap.