Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

I'm about to make some dinner and climb in bed for a while after I bring in some wood and split it. This will probably be good night for now. Had a nice day at work, and I got everything I wanted at the store today, too.

Lynne: I only cracked my head on the bed frame because his comforter fell down like a curtain in front of where I climbed out.

Everyone: I might have some more questions/opinions of a sciencecy type soon about one of my fan fic characters, though I do doubt that it'll be easy to answer, but I'd still like to hear opinions.

Good Night, in case I'm not back online by morning :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi HH,

My computer has been acting up on and off all day today on this site. Hmmm.. Strange.

Saturday was my son’s first soccer game. Unfortunately we didn’t have practice before the game. It is through the city so it isn’t a serious league. Also the coach was out of town on the first game. My son has never played soccer before and he is not very coordinated either. I was proud of him though because he ran the whole time. He kicked in the wrong direction which is normal for all kids learning to play soccer a few times he got nervous when the ball was in front of him but I think most kids would when they see a bunch a kids running at them, so he didn’t kick the ball but just froze.

Sarah~ The collector’s edition has a red ribbon for a book mark. The Made the table of contents and titles of each chapter in red with a ornament to frame for each chapter. Each book has a different ornament. Also it comes in a box that has a different background. Kind of hard to describe, I will say for me I wouldn’t buy it for any books however I was glad I bought them for the Twilight Saga only b/c this series is still the best I have ever read. This is the first series that after 5 years I still feel as strong about it as the day I read them.

Lynne~ Glad to hear it cooled down a little bit after the heat wave. Does it get muggy out there?

Marielle~ 2 weeks without cable or Internet I would be going crazy b/c my kids would be going crazy. My son is 5. They start soccer at 18 months but really it’s to play games like hungry hungry hippo which is feeding the goal that looks like a hippo. You can keep them in that for as long as you want they focusing on techniques. If you want to put them a league the starting age is 3. They don’t know what their doing but I found that if you start them that early then by the time they are 5 they are pretty darn good for that age.

Sean~ I don’t watch Award shows either. 30 degrees is that at night? I know here it has been dropping in the 20’s.
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone,

Hope everything is doing well tonight.

Today was a quiet day, I did a lot of laundry and studying before my shift which always makes me feel good. I also spent a fair amount of time researching what version of BD2 I will buy, I'm torn between the Wal-mart edition that has both BD1 extended edition and BD2 or the target exclusive BD2 with extra footage. Regardless I'm thinking it might be blu-ray since my FIL got us one for Christmas.

Posts..

Desiree-thanks for explaining in such great detail :) that's so cool. I would love having a built in bookmark. I'm glad your son had fun at soccer :)

Lynne-saw your author post on FB, it looks so cool :) sorry your fun day got rained out :/

Suzan- I happily watched the PCAs and voted :) I think the issues with us not getting a lot of categories is probably because the nominees were voted on like in October I think. I didn't vote on the nominees, just the official categories. I was happy to see that Big Bang Theory won since I've been watching that show since season 3 :)

Marielle- glad to see you back and that you got wifi again!

Thanks all for the updates in Kristen. I try not to pay too much attention to all the gossip but I do love hearing when they're together :)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

I'm not happy with the Bd part 2 version that is out there. I will be getting the Target version that has the white cover just because it matches with the the first 4 they made. Wow we get a poster for our goodie. Big deal. I like when Target had at least a flower incased in the dvd box that was numbered to set from the actual wedding scene. All I can ask if I send someone money if they would make me a copy of the extended scene. I will pay for postage.

Here is the one I am getting incase any of you were wondering what edition I was talking about.

ttp://www.target.com/p/target-exclusive-the-t ... 20part%202
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I'm really confused with all these editions that are going to be available. I guess I'll have to wait to see exactly which versions are available over here,although I can always get the American versions if I like, as we have an all regions blu ray player.

Desiree - yes, I can imagine my son freezing like that if he was playing soccer and some kids came running at him. And does it get muggy down here? YEEEEEEEEEEEES! :D

Sarah - yes, I'm really pleased about that title info page. I should probably post a link to it here ...
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Mr. Winter found holland!!! And created one big mess…We had 5 inches of snow (which is a hell of a lot for Holland standard) and we have 600 miles of traffic jam this morning. (to get perspective, that is longer than the length of Holland). People here just aren’t made to deal with snow. (or winter in general)…

OMG!!! I think I have a new shipper heart… Amanda and Rob they look so cute together…, if it doesn’t work out with Kris than I’m be hoping for this…

Okay and in other news, I finally have my cable back!!! It’s so good to be able to watch tv again and have wifi at home…I’m back in the 21st century…

Anyway, on to the posts,

Sean, I don’t think you would like the weather we have here. It’s cold and wet… with all the snow and ice… it’s one big misery… I think I prefer the heat you hate so much…

Suzanne, good luck with the last part of your internship. I hope it will end in a good way for you.
Well in this weather the commute is terrible but at least I made it to the office. Many of my co-workers aren’t coming or aren’t in yet. Normally the commute is really good. Only 10 minutes with the bus. I’m hoping that when the weather gets better I can walk it within 45 minutes. That would be nice and save a lot of money.
I don’t think Kris will have issues with her career. She has said that she wanted to produce rather than act so if she isn’t asked for parts than I think she will produce her own movies. Besides that she is known for her work in indy-movies, for that she’ll have parts ever ready. I just don’t expect her to do many blockbusters any time soon

Lynne, I was thinking about your book. I really want to read it. You recent intro you wrote here got me excited. Will you be able to ship some to Holland?

Desiree, that’s really young for kids to start playing soccer!!! 18 months!!! Pffff… they don’t do that here in Holland. You’ll find dad’s that will learn them how to play as soon as they can walk but the clubs won’t take kids younger than 3 and a half. Even old kids are able to get into the league.
Your poor kids, feeling so insecure about kicking the ball the wrong way… I have worked at the soccer club with kids that age. They are so easily to get nervous… I hope your kid has a good coach that will help him through it… it’s really important for the coach to guide them through that awkward phase.

Sarah, I haven’t even watched what different options you in the US get for BD2… I just hope in Holland we will be able to get the 2 disk version with all the extra’s…

Alright, my boss called she isn’t coming in… too much traffic, so I’ll have to pick up her work as well…
Time to get started.

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today at work won't be pleasant, that's for damn sure. I'll explain why in a moment, and I'll only need a sentence or two to do it :(

Desiree: That's how much the temperature dropped in only a few hours (from about 65 to below 30 by the time I got up yesterday morning). I know that during the GG's that it was reported to be abnormally cold for LA at that time of year. But if those temps where happening here, it would be abnormally warm, and I'd take it in preference to what I have now.

Marielle: I'd take the weather in the south of Holland or the coasts of Holland over what I have right now. Winter is usually mild there, at least compare to what often has happened here in Ohio the past few years. And the weather isn't helping me out one bit now...

Everyone: I have a cold for sure now. It's that time of year, it's catching up with me, and it sucks, and I'll probably be worse tomorrow. At least I don't have to work tomorrow, that's the only good thing. I'll be picking up some Gatorade power after work, and a bottle of the stuff to try and make it though work.

And now that I've told everyone here that I'm sick, time to lighten the mood a bit.

As I proposed yesterday, I was gonna ask a question about Rob, on the heels or the rumors of a Doir endorsement. Here's my question: If Rob were to get an offer to endorse Gucci suits and causal wear for men, should he take it, or not?

My opinion: I have no doubt that Rob would be a good ambassador for the brand. But the question is would Rob take the offer. He stated that he had little interest in such things in the past, but people change in the tastes occasionally, and it seems that Rob has had creative input with some of his suits, be it from Gucci or whoever. I mean, the emerald green/BRG Gucci suit was a pretty big risk as far as men's suits go, but Rob made it work. So the man, needless to say, knows what he wants and what works for him. And the man MADE that suit for sure.

That all being said, I'll leave that question to Rob, as he'd be the best to answer it. But you can't question the man's taste in apparel and attire.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to work for Rochelle again today. I hope things are a bit more positive today. I'm feeling a bit more positive. I'm starting to think I can achieve my goal to sell 1000 copies.

marielle - of course I can ship to Holland! :) It will also be available on ebook if you have an ereader. That snow sounds quite fearsome, and I'm glad to hear that your cable's working at last.

Sean - While I don't mind seeing Rob in Gucci, I'm not sure that I'd go for him branding something on a regular basis. It certainly wouldn't make any difference to my spending habits; I doubt very much that Hubby would wear clothes like that just because Rob endorsed them! I'd prefer Rob do more movies.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

OK, I've been home for about 4 hours now. Done nothing but sleep, drink Gatorade, blow my nose and feel like crap. Was thinking about writing fan fic tonight, but that depends on if I feel any better soon. That's what my day has been like :(

Why can't this woman be real and have her healing powers? It's like with Renesmee's thought transmission, but it heals people from injury, and would be most useful right now.

Lynne: The thing we have to remember as far as the income is that Rob it seems wants to do indie movies, which are rarely big money makers, especially in America. That supplementary income would be a welcome bonus and provide a bit of extra financial security during a lull period or for each time the American movie going public turns their back on the indie market. It seems that whenever Kristen or Rob have an indie movie come out, they do very well overseas, but only their fans care when such a film comes out here in the states. And it's not just them, all indie films get screwed here in the states compared to Europe and elsewhere. However, I'd rather Rob do such a thing if he wants to and it's something that he's really interested in (like his acting), not just for the extra money.

And I did find something interesting before I got to work. There were photos of Australian built de Havilland Mosquitoes posted at Flickr when the old DH factory down in NSW built them during World War II. It's also odd that what may be the first two airworthy Mosquitoes weren't even built in the UK--the FB26 that's airworthy now was built in Canada by de Havilland Canada, was restored by a New Zealand/Australian/American team and is American owned, and T43 trainer was Australian built and New Zealand owned (it's undergoing restoration to airworthy status). The first fully British built example likely to be airworthy is a Canadian owned B35. But then again, the Chevrolet SS sedan is a thinly disguised Holden Commodore, and the next generation Ford Mustang is reportedly partially based on the Ford Falcon (namely using a Falcon derived rear suspension system). Oz, it seems aside from cars like the Mustang and Camero (which itself is heavily based on the Commodore under its two-door coupe body) is the bastion for American (built by American owned companies, to be precise) rear wheel drive performance cars, especially four door sedans that can rival anything that Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus build.

I'll be headed back to bed shortly, because I feel no better now than when I got off work, and I was about to fall over, pass out and go to sleep then :( I'll be back later :)

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Helped out at my children’s school today. After that it was karate. With this busy schedule I told my husband Monday-Thursday are going to be crock pot meals, this way dinner will be ready when we are home. If any of you have a really good recipe, please share.

Marielle~ I would not want to be in that 600 mile traffic. Were you in it? I hat to say this but, Amanda and Rob do look good together.

Sarah~ I am going to go with the Target version.

Lynee~ Does the all region blu-ray dvd player play any region standard dvd? That might be the next player we purchase if it does.

Sean~ Yup the cold that the Southwest is making breaking records in history. I told my husband if we are getting a global warning.

Just a FYI I have been posting and logging in here more than Facebook. Ha!
Banner by TammyAZ