Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Susie »

Hi All!

At least when I’m away from you, I’m busy writing about you….

I must admit that I’ve been waiting for a certain person to come back. It just isn’t the same around here without her! I really miss that blue font. *sniff sniff*

Loved seeing Rob at the Golden Globes. When he was on stage with Amanda, and she was reading the nominations, he knew just how to strike a pose sure to stop hearts. Did you notice that? He know how to work with a camera, doesn’t he?

Regarding all of the DVDs being promoted – I must admit I’m not paying attention to it all since it’s only going to annoy me. I’ll probably just wait and see what looks good and buy it and be done with it.

AMY! Thanks for stopping by the Lexicon!! We miss you. I hope things are going well with you and your famly.

Desiree – Congrats to your son on his very first soccer game. He’s doing well for such a young age. I remember when we made my son try T-Ball. He didn’t get it at all. And yes, he still does circus at Circus Juventas in St. Paul. He does three aerial acts for the big summer show. Thank you so much for posting more on the Lex!!

Sarah – Now I understand why you were nervous about taking the dog to the dog park by yourself! Jennifer Lawrence – did you see her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes? What did you think? She was a little snarky.

Tammy! Love that last one. Keep ‘em coming! We sure have missed all your beautiful work.

Lynne
– Good Luck selling 1000 copies. It sounds like things are looking good in that department. Sorry it’s been so hot there for you. I can’t wrap my mind around it because it’s winter for us now.

Amanda Beth – I don’t blame you for not wanting to be stuck in traffic there any more than you have to. I’m sure you and New Boy can work something out – maybe a halfway point? Do you both at least have weekends free?

Songbird
– It sounds like you get regular exercise with all the bicycling – very healthy. I’m still thinking about how much I liked Silver Lining Playbook! Bradley Cooper in a dramatic role is even sexier than he is in a comedic role, and especially in this one because he’s not even trying to be good looking or sexy, and there aren’t any sex scenes either.

Marielle – Yep, in about 15 years we might be able to afford a nice trip! It’s great to see you making your daily posts again. Regarding KStew and Rob – since I haven’t been following things, I didn’t know that they were together for Christmas and New Year’s. So are they really back together?

Suzan
– Well done, well done! You always did post great pics. Regarding my memoir – it is only about my Lexicon adventure, not my whole life. It is still within the category of memoir, though. Maybe if I get really famous someday, then I can write it ALL. Not that I actually want that to happen. I like the way things are – a little more money would be nice, though.

Sean
– I’m sorry you’re sick again! I have a tried and true method for not getting sick – I gargle with warm salt water twice a day no matter what and I never get colds anymore! I’ve been telling everyone and no one wants to try it. Apparently the Japanese gargle with warm salt water or just plain warm water every day and they get fewer colds than we do here. I hope you feel better soon.

Bye for now!

Let's hope and pray we see some blue font tomorrow. Fingers Crossed!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Rochelle was more positive and relaxed today, which is good. It made work a pleasant experience. I should have the final, final typeset proof of The Heir for her very soon, as we finally made a decision about something today which means we'll be able to finish it. At last!

Sean - I think any movie will certainly benefit from his name, given how wide and devoted his fan base is. The problem is, indie movies normally don't do much business, so it looks like he's failing if they don't make big bucks. However, I believe if any of them even turn any sort of profit, it's likely almost solely down to his involvement.

Desiree - yes it does play them. Hope you had fun helping at school!

Susie - Yes, I hope I do sell those copies. I'm going to do my best to get my name out there. Rochelle gave me a few more pointers today.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!

Well it was a lot easier to get to work today. The road have been cleaned a bit. However with the freezing cold the wet parts of the roads have become ice roads… so it’s really dangerous now. Some roads are good and some roads look good but are so slippery…

Yesterday we sold our old house. Everything is done and arranged… now I can focus on finishing up my old house and relax… I really need to get my stress level down now…

Anyway posts,

Sean, we have temps around the 30F as well at the moment. Tonight we had heavy frost… it was so cold… So I don’t think it isn’t much different than yours. I’m not feeling well with this weather either. It’s too cold and I think I’m getting a bug or something…

Lynne, the snow is mainly troublesome… it causes one big mayhem in Holland.
I don’t have an e-reader. I prefer a real book. I’m a bit like Hermione in that way… once your book is ready I’ll arrange an order. I think I have some friends over here that would like to read it as well.

Desiree, I have asked for my bf to write down the recipe I promised you. I’ll try to get him to do that tonight. No, I was lucky enough to not be in the traffic jam of the century. I was on the road early and was at the office before the real mayhem started but I did walk the last mile to work or so. The bus couldn’t go much further.

Susie, I’m missing the blue front as well… I hope he’ll come back soon…maybe we should beg her…
Yes, there are a lot of rumors about Rob and Kris but mainly since before the BD2 premiere they have been seen out together often. Kris has stated in an interview that she is fed up with trying to hide. That she had the feeling she wasn’t really living. I think that make it easier for Rob because he had passed to that phase a while ago…There aren’t any pictures but they have spotted Kris joining Rob at the Globes after party.
15 years!!!! How long to your kids plan to study??? I went to school until I was 20 and my brother took a year longer. I thought that was about the same for kids in the US. I mean you can’t expect parents to pay for their kids after they are a legal adult right?

Alright, work is calling…

I’m going to watch the Fashion police of the Golden Globes tonight. I’m curious to see what Joan thought of all the dresses…

See you all later…
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - no troubles at all. Just let me know how many hard copies you would like, and I will post them over!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Morning everyone! I'm awake while Jason gets ready for work so I thought I'd pop over and say hello :) yesterday I managed to score some great deals grocery shopping and I tried to thoroughly clean my house for the first time since December! We had my FIL over for dinner as well since he was dropping off two small book shelves from his office (he's reorganizing it all after 20 years and is getting new stuff) and now Jason can quit tripping over all my books!! Hooray! :D

Susie- yeah, Rolph is stronger than me but he's not malicious about it :) was just excited to run around a lot. I thought Jennifer was sweet and funny, she's very off the cuff..and I heard the I beat Meryl quote was actually a reference to a movie. But I can see why you'd think she was a bit crass :) I'm a bit bummed that Bradley Cooper didn't get the award for best male actor, but I wonder if his hangover roles type cast him? Your son is in the circus?! That is soo cool! Clowns scare me but the trapeze artists are fascinating to watch!

Marielle- congrats on the house being sold!! Hooray!! I bet that's a relief!

Lynne- that's awesome that things are going well and nearly finalized with the Heir :)

Have a good day everyone!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi siblings! I haven’t posted since Friday and there are only 2 and a half pages? Where is everyone?
I got to work on Monday and they sent me a mail asking when I can work next week, so it looks like I’ll have hours then, too. YAY!
My thirtyone party is not going well...so far only one person has ordered, and it wasn’t anyone I know, but a friend of my consultant’s. So if any of you in the US need some sort of bag, purse, etc, feel free to go to my FB page and follow the instructions on there.
We had our first rehearsal for choir with the new director. It’s too early to rejoice, but last night’s rehearsal was SOOO much more what I was used to in college. All the things that I would be thinking, like...why doesn’t anyone else write stuff down? Or “I wish we could go over the pick-up to the next phrase” he would just say or do. He asked if we all had pencils...it’s something most musicians always have handy to write in a breath, or a crescendo or whatever...I was the only one with a pencil. So he told us all to make sure to bring pencils, and a water bottle to rehearsals. And he would hear us having problems with the starting note of a new phrase and he would immediately tell us how to find that note and we’d practice it until we could do it. And he had us clap difficult rhythms first and then add the words in, something our old director never had us do and she’d just get frustrated that we couldn’t do it. In short, he seems like he’s going to make everyone better musicians by actually TEACHING us how to do things for ourselves rather than just teaching us the notes to our voice part. Hallelujah! And he gave us a chance to ask questions, and he listened when we did, which the old director would just get mad at us for taking up time. He made such better use of the time we had and I felt like we learned more from him in one rehearsal than we got out of the old one in 3. So I really hope it continues this way because he obviously knows his stuff, and he knows how to teach it, even to non-professional musicians, which is where our old director failed. She knew her stuff, but expected all of us to know it, too, and got frustrated that not everyone was at her level. I could only help my voice group because I couldn’t sing with everyone else, and even in my own voice group, she got mad when people started talking, so I couldn’t even really help that much and if I raised my hand to ask if we could go over something, she would ignore it or not understand what I was asking, or be offended that I caught a mistake that she didn’t. So the new director shares his knowledge and make sure we’re getting it where the old director just pretty much waved her arms and got mad that we didn’t automatically get everything right and then she’d say “It’s not that hard! We should already know this!” Yeah...for her and for me it’s easy because we’ve had years of training and theory and sight singing classes, but for someone for whom it is just a hobby and they have never had those classes, it’s NOT easy.

On to posts!

Lynne, I’ll be buying a few copies for friends as well as myself.
Is it still hot there? If you need some cooling down, you are welcome to have some of our cold weather. We got some snow, which I love...I just wish the cold didn’t come with it!

Amy, nearly forgetting your password just means you need to come here more often!! It’s a sign.

Sarah, how’s Jason’s cold? Is he better so you can sleep?

Desiree, sounds like a fun soccer game! How can they play without a coach though? My son wants desperately to play soccer, but we told him he has to learn to swim first. I’m hoping that by the time he gets to soccer, he is a better sport. He tries to make up his own rules to get more points and keep us from scoring and if he doesn’t win he cries.
Wow...your activities are EXPENSIVE!! I can’t imagine paying that much! What does that $100 get you? Does it buy uniforms and stuff, too? Or is that just to participate?

Marielle, when you get your internet back, you can watch Pitch Perfect on PiratenZ.eu. That’s what I did since I missed it in theaters and didn’t want to wait until the DVD came out, but I’ll rent it again when it DOES come out. It was really good.
Glad you got your house sold!! Yay!

Suzan, congrats on finishing your internship!! Are you excited?
Thanks for the link to the Jamin contest! I doubt I’ll be able to enter. My mixer died on me and I need to replace it, but I’m having trouble finding one that I like and that’s not super expensive. I COULD mix everything by hand, but my hands would be TIRED afterwards. But it will be fun to see other peoples’ entries, anyway!

Sean, sorry you have a cold. It’s the season, We keep passing it around here. I’ve had a stuffy nose for weeks, hubs FINALLY stopped coughing...it’s just that time of year, I read that the strain of flu going around in the US is a bit early and that it can be worse than the H1N1 was. I hope you feel better soon.

Susie, yes, when it doesn’t snow, I get pretty regular exercise with riding my bike, but right now there’s too much snow for me to bike. It’s really slippery on the bike paths and not safe. Hopefully it will melt before I have to go back to work.
I can’t wait to see Silver Linings Playbook...it looks really good, and how can you go wrong with Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence!?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm still sick, and still tired, but better than yesterday. Maybe I'll be able to eat solid food later on aside from chicken soup. I also hope to finish--or at least finish a major part of--chapter 4 of my fan fic and get caught up on other things that I've missed out on last night. However, I still wish that the manga/anime character that I linked a page about her to was real and that she had her healing powers, too. As I said, it's kinda like Renesmee's thought transmission, but it heals people. But like with Renesmee, Shizu/Griselda is a fantasy character from a fantasy work (though she's the character who is narrating chapter 4 of my story).

I should be able to start work on finishing up chapter 4 fairly soon. Then I have to think about where I want to go with chapter 5...

Songbird, Susie: Thanks for the well wishes. I'm better today, but not 100% obviously. I'm glad that I don't have to work today and that I have a day to recover.

Lynne: Indie movies never seem to take off here in America. I know that OTR and Cosmopolis pulled in great numbers for indies in France and much of the rest of Europe, but in America, they basically bombed, though people tend to make that sound worse than it is because of Kristen's and Rob's name notoriety. But it's not Kristen's or Rob's fault that their films don't do any better than a majority of indie flicks in the US. Part of it is that such companies don't have the financial clout that, for instance, the Weinstein Bros. bring to the Weinstein Company, who's indie films are marketed wide and far by Harvey and Bob, who are also filthy rich because of their involvement with Miramax and Starz/Encore.

Also, the indie film industry may as well be ranked as a cottage industry in America as far as the theaters that show them. Only art house film theaters get them, and those are mostly based in the big cities. And no matter how dedicated Kristen fans and Rob fans are, most are middle class workers like almost everyone here at this forum are. And as such, they often don't have the time or money, and often times both, to really go to a big city to watch a film. That, and there's just this cultural indifference to indie films here in the states. Even when dedicated fans of an actor go see their films, the lack of distribution and marketing leaves the uninitiated or the uninformed to miss out, and indie films also have a stigma about them as being cheap, poorly produced pieces, which I can tell you isn't necessarily true. Speak was a great movie, and it was made on a fraction of the budget that OTR and probably Cosmopolis were made for. Indie films tend, IMO, to separated the great actors from the good, but a lack of distribution, marketing and a cultural indifference leave them to be shut out of the mainstream. It sucks IMO, but that's how it is.

Marielle: I'd rather it be 30 degrees than what I'll be getting soon. One day, we'll have a high temp of only 10 degrees if the forecast is right. That's gonna suck... :(

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to see Wreck it Ralph with Little Man this morning. I hope he enjoys it. Much to his mother's dismay, he doesn't seem to be much of a kid for movies. Maybe it will develop over time.

Sarah - yes, it will be good to finish it. I'm sure a couple of mistakes will slip through, though. A couple always do.

Songbird - I'm so happy that your choir rehearsal was so much better with the new director. It does sound like he knows what he's doing. Our weather's been okay this week, but the temperature's supposed to be getting back up on Saturday.

Sean - hopefully Kristen and Rob will help people realise those movies can be inspirational and enjoyable.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

SO EXCITING!!!! Rob’s in Aussie land to start shooting the Rover!!!!
I can’t wait to see set pics. It’s been a while since we had pics like that!!

Anyway good morning everybody!!!

We are having another boring week in Holland. The most shocking thing… there was white fluffy stuff falling from the sky again… it wasn’t much but I just don’t want to see it…
God only knows how I long for hot weather and tons of sunshine…

Now posts,

Lynne, I guess Rob isn’t shooting anywhere near you, right? Or will it be possible to play the HH personal papz for a day?

Sarah, congrats on the bookshelves… they are so nice to have. I just emptied the boxes with my books and placed them in the cabinets… it always looks nicer with the books there.
Yes, it really was a relieve to have the house sold…

Susan, I have never watched an illegal movie online… The last movie I had anyone download for me before it came out on dvd was Twilight and I made good use of it. (watching it 8 times in 5 days) Maybe I should check out that website…(perhaps I can watch the Hobbit there)
I’m happy your new director is so much more social. It will be nice to have a friendly person around instead of an old grumpy one.

Sean, we don’t get much indie movies here as well. We have a few dedicated film houses that only show indie movies. That’s where we can go to watch it. Only later OTR came to the larger cinema’s because so many people asked about it. Cosmopolis has only been shown in 5 cinema’s all over Holland
Yes, people tend to be degrading about indie movies because famous (A-list) actors are playing in it. Especially Rob is been seen as just a pretty face. He’ll have to do a lot more before he is honored for his work.

Alright, I’ll be back here later… (I really expect more posts tomorrow)
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - unfortunately, no. He's miles away from me. It would be at least a 20 hour drive to get there! Fortunately, I do have a Rob-mad friend who lives in Adelaide, which would be within a few hours' drive from where they are. She has been deputed to keep an eye out. Her name is Tanya and if you look on my FB page, you will see that she has been alerted to his presence.