Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Sorry.....
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Ooooops.... :roll: :roll:
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood

Obviously I had issues last night :lol:
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood

????????????? :swoon:
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood

This is why I'm dangerous with a computer...... ;)
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

what the heck I know I am tired but I swear I hit sent after I was done typing.
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think this site is having some problems. My post went up twice in the Writers Central forum and it looks like Tracy's had some issues here, too.

Brenda - yeah, I thought it was the same interviewer for Kris and Rob, although there were others there for Kristen's. I don't hold her in very high regard. Yes, it's nice to get a bit of rain. We are reasonably close to the coast here, so get more rain than they do the further you go into the middle of the country. It gets very hot in there. Just the other day a man (who was experienced in the outback) died of exposure when he tried to walk 16 kilometres after his vehicle broke down. He only made it 6 kilometres before he died. Only 6! I would have thought it would have taken longer than that. It just shows how hot it can get there.

Tracy - It's usually about 85 or so here at this time of year, but the temps are down at the moment.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

There must be a cliche in the system

Hi HH,

Hope everyone is doing well. Nothing knew here. I have been busy taking focusing on my son who has been going through a hard time this last year in a half.

Can't believe this final installment is here. I know I haven't been on here in a long time or post like I use to but the Twilight Saga still holds a powerful spot in my life. I invested so much of myself into this and have never felt this way about anything that I like you feel a great sorrow that it is coming to an end. I know I didn't get a chance to meet all of you but hopefully next meet up I will. I can't wait to see it on the big screen. I am going to try to make it to the marathon with a friend while the hubs well watch the kids. The last hooray. So far I have remained spoiler free. Easy when you are busy and don't watch tv unless you dvr'd it . Ok moving on to a quick post...

Susie~ I agree I wish Rob was with Ellen alone but I think you maybe right , that he wanted to avoid a certain topic.

Brenda~ I see you too. hugs!

Alright HH I am off to bed. Nighty Nite!
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tracy-wow, that's dedication :) My hubby grew up going to the Sonics games and has been involved with the local group who has been rallying to bring the team back.

Brenda-I can't take credit for the basket idea ;) I got it from Pinterest. I like to scrapbook but I haven't done it recently. I have a few Twilight tees, so I agree a hoodie is a must :) I love crafting!

I missed Ellen yesterday due to work, gotta find the clips on Youtube :)

Lynne-Wow, that's sad :( and that must be really hot.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hello sisters and brothers (Did Austin give up on us?) I’m sorry I haven’t really been here much in the last couple of days. So, my best friend did indeed make it back in time to see her father before he passed. He (and she) was very lucky that he had a friend who he had kind of adopted as a daughter...she apparently moved in and took care of him when he got his diagnosis. It was this lady who contacted my friend to tell her to please come home, and when he lost consciousness before my friend had made it, she kept telling him to hang in there until S got there. S was able to spend about 3 hours with him before he passed, though he never regained consciousness. She is thankful for that time, and thankful for this wonderful woman who was put into her dad’s life, who took care of him and who kept her informed. She has now been “adopted” into their whole family. There really are angels among us.

Sean, thank you...yes, my friend and I are so close that we are like sisters. She’s the one I went to Paris to see in June. I am so blessed to be living in a time where distance doesn’t mean I can’t be there for her when she needs me, and vice versa. Sometimes I might curse technology and progress, and in general, I think it’s better to have real live face to face conversations with people when you can, but technology DOES make it possible for those of us who are far apart to keep in touch and maintain closeness despite distance.
Do you know if the Jimmy Fallon interview is up yet? I saw Kristen’s, but Rob’s wasn’t up yet when I looked.

Sarah, thank you. He will be so missed.
Yeah, I think something like that quote is great because it’s obvious to other Twi-hards what it is, but you can wear it anywhere, and someone who is not a fan won’t know one way or the other. Do you make your designs on cafe press, or how are you making this hoodie??
I still think you are a rock star for doing math in the morning. Whether it was 7:30 or 9...we’re just not meant to be subjected to math so early!
The Ellen episode hasn’t aired here, but I watched a bunch of clips on the Ellen site.

Susie, you lucky duck!! Season 4 of Glee hasn’t started here yet. I wonder if they will eventually do a spin-off show with the NY storyline.
Yes, it was rather sudden. He was dignosed a little over a month ago with brain and lung cancer and had JUST started treatments. S really wasn’t ready to deal with his death so soon.
I really like your comments to Sarah about politics...it’s so true. I grew up in a very conservative home, Christian, in a very small town in a very rural area. I thought I was a replublican...well, I WAS a republican then. Then I went to college and saw a bit more of the world, and learned my brother was gay, and the things I had always thought didn’t necessarily apply anymore. I’m still a Christian, but a much more liberal one!
I haven’t seen the whole Ellen interview yet as it hasn’t aired here, but the clips on the Ellen site were hilarious! I love Rob’s suggestion of just going pantsless! He should totally do that!

Brenda, do you have links to the videos you mentioned?
That’s really interesting about the campaign ads. I’m lucky to live over here where I don’t have to see those all the time. I think both sides are probably somewhat misleading...it’s just the sad sad nature of politics. I know that Mormons are generally very cheritable...my best friend used to be Mormon...she left the church when she had her older daughter...they weren’t very compassionate towards her. But a lot of my friends growing up were LDS...and still are. They are very generous and caring people, but Romney, with his comments about it not being his job to worry about the poor people, etc...it seems like he looks down on the person who lost their job and is struggling to feed his family, like he is only being charitble because it LOOKS good. I could be wrong about that...but it just seems like the shiny veneer to me. Like you said, I don’t think he really empathizes because he’s never had to do without. I don’t think he really knows what it’s like to work 3 jobs and still struggle to make ends meet and not be able to afford things like health care. He’s never had to deal with that. He thinks that people are poor because they are lazy, and that’s just not the case. Like you said, you work hard and you are happy...it doesn’t mean that you must be conservative any more than working 3 jobs must mean a person is rich.
As for your eloquence, I’m the same way. I never know what to say, but I appreciate your sentiments, whether you considered them to be eloquent or not. Sometimes it’s not so much what you say as it is that you meant it. (“it’s the thought that counts”)

Marielle, where did you have to go? How did your interview go? Oh wait...I see your update...hrmmm...Will you try it out if they offer it to you? Maybe it's a job that just doesn't really sound great when it's described, but would be awesome if you were doing it. Like Sean didn't think a receptionist type job would appeal to him, but he's actually enjoying now that he's doing it.

Tracy that sounds like fun! My idea of Heaven requires many bookstores. Did you not stay to watch the chorale then?
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Yes she made it in time, but her brother did not. I guess he is not handling it well at all.

Hi Desiree...did someone else post while you were typing? That’s happened to me before, where someone posts and it tells you there’s been at least one new message since you began yours, but I didn’t notice that it said that, so I X out of the page and then come back the next day to find my post gone when I KNOW I hit “submit”...sooooooo frustrating!!
What is “spoiler free”? As in...no clips, no trailers, no interviews? I could so not do that!!

Lynne, what did your publisher say about the fonts you sent?
Wow...85...that’s about perfect. It rarely gets that hot here. We don’t have much in the line of summers.

Sorry if I missed anyone! If I did, hello, and I'm sorry!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ