Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Suzan »

Uhm.... MODS?????
Could someone correct the name of the thread? I'd hate to be stuck in the halway of our beautiful new home for the next whatever many months. ;)

I'll be back a little later with decorations and a megapost! :D
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Suzan wrote:Uhm.... MODS?????
Could someone correct the name of the thread? I'd hate to be stuck in the halway of our beautiful new home for the next whatever many months. ;)
:rotfl: :rotfl: That's too funny! Good catch, Suzan. I was so excited to see (and bring) some new decorations; I didn't even notice. :D
Banner by TammyAZ
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy Stewart Sunday!
Kristen can have a spot in the new house as well right? If someone is Robsessed, it’s her. LOL

First thing’s first: decorations for the new home! Seems fitting to use the new photoshoot. GAH!!! times a gazillion!!! :swoon: Some equally swoon-worthy old ones in here as well.

We need a black and white room for sure. I’d go roller skating every day if he handed out the skates! And then pretend to get the wrong size or break the laces or take of one of the wheels or whatever other excuse I can come up with, just to talk to him again. :swoon:

It’s not Christmas but I think we need a star anyway. Oh wait, there’s two stars in that picture!

Here’s the rug. I can’t believe you girls haven’t brought that one in sooner! What were you thinking? I’ll forgive you, because you were probably thoroughly distracted by tattooed-leather jacket-yellow pants-skater boy-Rob. :swoon:

We need a desk and a wall/bulletin board or course. Now if only I can find the laptop so me can post some more…

Another comfy chair. Though standing against it seems to be even comfier. (Is that even a word? Haha!)

And one can never have too many beds We might be unable to use that one for the next few hours though…

Dammit, not enough links… I’ll have to double post. I’m having too much fun with this. :D
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Sorry for the double post, but I wasn’t done decorating my black and white room…

We definitely need a toothpick, a watch and an iPhone in here. What for, you ask? No apparent reason…
Some other things we need:
A water bottle
A carriage
A taxi cab and a weird haircut
An impregnating stare
And an elephant... Wait, what? An elephant? :? I better stop before this gets any weirder…

I think I need a Nespresso... Phew! I was getting a little delirious there.

Sorry I haven’t posted in forever. I’ve been busy studying, catching up on ComicCon goodies and devouring Sempre. I still have part of Cosmopolis to finish, but I just could not wait to read Sempre. I finished it in no time at all and even though the book was bigger than I expected, it left me wanting so much more. It really is an a.ma.zing story! It took me a while to get over the Bella and Edward association, but as I got deeper into the story I clearly only saw Haven and Carmine. They weren’t anything like their Twilight characters in EP anyway imo. I don’t know if any of you care, but the next part is a bit spoilerish, so - inv font: One of the biggest changes was the fact that Emmett and Jasper were now condensed into one person. I’m still on the fence about that. I don’t mind as much, but when you have a character that’s a complete goofball one minute and gives heartfelt, deep and great advise the next, it’s kind of hard to keep up. Another big change is the lack of lemons. There’s only one left and it’s very “tame”. I do have to say I missed some of them. Not that I need the graphic detail, but they were so sweet and character building in EP. It really showed how different Edward/Carmine treats Bella/Haven and how patient he is with her. But still I think it was the right decision to leave them out. The ending of the book is somewhere halfway into EP, so there’s still a significant part of the story left which I would have loved to see in the book as well. The ending in the book is a bit too open for me. I liked the epilogues to EP so much, I really missed them. I have seen rumors about a sequel. Anyone know something about that? Also, as I was reading this I thought: How cool would it be to see a movie of this story!? Right!? (Careful Suzan. You’re starting to sound like Jessica… LOL)
Anyway onto more important things:

Tonise – You know, I have actually been thinking about what would happen if something happens to one of us. It’s such a weird thing to think we wouldn’t even know. We’d just never hear anything anymore… I don’t really have a solution either besides fb. Wow, congratulations on the success of the fundraiser! I think it’s fantastic that you get involved in all these types of things! I’m happy to hear your mom and uncle are doing well. All those medical problems must be really stressful, especially with you in the hospital as well! That’s no good! I hope you feel better soon and that you get to go on your beach trip. Sounds like you need and deserved it!

Lynne – I’ll have to schedule in some time soon to start reading your fanfic. It sounds great! Could you maybe post the link again or put it in your siggy? O, nevermind. Found the link and put you on author’s alert. :) Happy 6th birthday to Little Man!! And I wholeheartedly agree about Summit’s handling of the ComicCon clips! They can’t honestly expect the whole world to fly out to San Diego for them… :x

Caryn – Thanks for posting all the ComicCon goodies! There was so much, I could barely keep up. LOL at the kissyface edit! :lol: Thanks for posting the links to the sneak peak videos on fb by the way. The download links on muchshare worked for me. I’ll go over to fb later to see what you all think of them. I do have to say that I sincerely hope there is more to the first scene than they showed. It feels so rushed. While there are parts I absolutely LOVED (Robwards face as Bella squeezes him too tight?! Priceless!), I missed soooo much compared to the book. I simply refuse to believe this is all. And if it is… Let’s just say the rest of the movie must be pretty damn perfect to make up for it. I’d walk out of the theater if I wasn’t such a sucker for this series and I wouldn’t want to miss one minute of it. You did a wonderful job decorating the new home despite of the migraine. Hope you’re feeling better by now.

Sean – Your work actually sounds like a lot of fun; just reading and playing games all day long. ;) But I can see how that can become frustrating. I hope you’ll get a bit more to do soon. Thanks for posting the link to Kristen’s new photoshoot! She looks gorgeous as always! Too bad they’re tagged though. I borrowed one for Stewart Sunday. I love close-ups of her. Kristen does close-ups like no-one else!

Tracy – Yes! The EW interview is so frustrating. I’ve been agonizing over that last part ever since I read it. It’s like: Kristen, you can not say stuff like that and expect us to wait until November!! I want to know what they’re talking about! :beg: Nope, I saw Meet Joe Black, though the Benjamin Button movie is really good as well. It’s funny how I don’t see myself as a huge fan of Brad - at least nowhere near my level of Robsession - but I love his movies.
Shrinking pictures: You can do it in all sorts of picture editing programs, but right now I just use photobucket. Upload and save your picture there. Move over it in your album so the little menu pops up. Click edit. It might take a while to load, but once you’re there click adjustment then resize below the picture. Make sure Keep proportions is on or your picture will get distorted. Enter the desired width or height (the other should change automatically if you adjust one). I use 630x470 as a maximum to make sure it gets accepted on the Lex. Once you’re done, click apply, save (left above picture) and enjoy!

Marielle – I hope you’re feeling a little better right now than last week. At least the upcoming weather should cheer you up a little. I’m so glad the rain seems to be gone for a while. My internship is going well, thanks for asking. I feel like the project isn’t going fast enough though. Every time I think we’re ready to move on to the next experiment, my supervisor comes up with something else I need to test first. It’s becoming a bit frustrating, but I know I’ll move on to the really interesting stuff very soon, so it’s okay.
Yep, you guessed the movie right. :D You’re right that Rob is unique and you can’t compare him to a lot of actors. I just think he has the potential to be as big as Brad or Leonardo DiCaprio or people like that, you know. They both started out as huge heartthrobs, but still choose the interesting roles and scripts instead of the obvious, cliché parts. And I feel like Rob is doing the same, although maybe a bit more in the indie circuit. I don’t really know Gary Oldman aside from his role in HP, so I can’t really say too much about that comparison. I don’t find him all that sexy though… But you can’t argue about taste. Have fun at the festival! What kind of festival is it? (What kind of music?)

Susie – Of course we understand that you want to spent as much time with your family as possible right now. Hope you’re having a wonderful time! I haven’t seen anything about the cast being on Ellen. Did I miss that? I love her! Right now no, I don’t see my grandfather anymore. We haven’t really had big family gatherings in a long, long time. On birthdays for example, we always had to arrange for one part of the family to come in the morning, the other in the afternoon and another in the evening. All because of divorces and arguments etc. I do hope they figure things out soon though, because it’s all just really awkward and frustrating. But anyways… I hope you had fun on your trip this weekend!

Susan – We had to reschedule the dinner with the new roommate again. It’s apparently a very busy time for all three of us. She seems to be doing really well lately with the smoking. I’ve only noticed the smell that one time so far. I can deal with it as long as she doesn’t go across the street to get something stronger to smoke. We live across from a coffeeshop. I’m sorry to say this, but that’s really disrespectful of your mom to smoke in your house even though you asked her not to. I’m sorry the kids are getting on your nerves. At least the weather should be better this week so you can send them outside to play. I hope you get the dishwasher fixed soon! That doesn’t sound good at all.

Ann Marie – I’m so sorry you’re feeling that bad! Just remember you got the chance to meet all these lovely ladies! Not every one of us was lucky enough to have that chance. And we’re all here for you whenever you need us. Can you talk to your boyfriend and best friend about how you feel and ask them to maybe spend some more time with you? I’m sure they’d understand if you have an honest conversation with them. :hugs:

I don’t know how much I will be online this week. I have a going-away party for a friend on Tuesday. She’s going to Denmark for a year. I’m so jealous of all these people around me traveling the world while I’m stuck here. At least it makes me even more determined to go abroad too. Then I’m having dinner and going swimming with my roommate on Wednesday. And Thursday will be another cocktail party with the department I’m doing the internship at. Some of the coworkers were really bummed they couldn’t be there last time, so we’re doing it again. We’re not doing the workshop though; it’s just going to be at Uni, making your own drinks. Anyways, it’s going to be a busy week, but I hope I can stop by once or twice.

That’s about all. Going to clean my room now. Bye!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I won't be watching the TCA's tonight, but I'll be checking in on Robstenation to see what Kristen and Rob won and what K wore to the event. I got done watching the ALMS race about an hour ago and I'm checking out some stuff online and I'll be playing some GT4 after I get done watching my racing highlights shows, and I'll also be heading to bed early, since I have work tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Suzan - I think every house needs an elephant! ;)

I'm off to work for Rochelle again today. She now needs me twice every week. It's nice to be needed! I'm hoping to post a couple more chapters of my fanfic soon, but I'm having real trouble with the chapter when they're all in the Volturi's lair. It's so hard to cover everything that Edward has to hear in the Volturi's mind, and making segways between some of the dialogue is proving tricky.
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Sneaks in back window. Wasn’t sure my key still fit here. It’s been forever since I’ve been able to post.

I really hope that you all can forgive me for not really knowing what’s been going on with all of you. I’ve been cutting back on a lot of things in life (lexing, fanfiction, less house work, ect..) to try and spend more time with my family. Hubs and I started working out together about two weeks ago. He lifts weights while I run on the treadmill then we switch after a half hour or so. We have been doing a lot of weekend river trips with our friends too. I was so depressed when I hit the age 30, but I am starting to see that my 30’s are awesome. So much better than my 20’s.

Things that I have brought over to the new thread:
A girl's got to have something to sleep with in bed
My favorite mirror
We need something to travel in
With all of our goodies, we need protection
He might need some backup

24601 – Thank you for the new thread

Caryn – Rob with ARM INK…..*thud* I might just have a new favorite pic. I hope your migraine goes away fast.

Sean – Ya, I thought the Tell All book was just laughable. I went to Gossip Cop to check it out. Some things that GC pointed out was that there is no author and no publish date. All the stuff that this so called Tell All book is just old news. The thing that I find laughable is that Rob and Kris are so private about their relationship, why would they tell some “source” about their sex life?

Suzan – Black and white pics are my favorite. Ha, I was waiting on someone to post the rug pic too. Wasn’t Sempre awesome? My thoughts in inv ink: I personally think that they should have left some of the lemons in. For example, we see Haven as being closed off to any type of affection because of her life and what her mother went through. Enter Carmine… little 17 year old boy with his attitude towards the opposite sex. In EP, the reader sees Edward coming off his high horse one, because of his love for Bella and two, he has to change (be gentile) for Bella because she is so new and afraid of sex. The reader sees Bella as so frail and traumatized that when she starts to be more intament with Edward, she starts to be brave and open to life. Granted, we don’t need every little sexual act in EP written in Sempre, but a few are important. :mrgreen: I would love to see a second half to the book published and hopefully a movie deal.

Lynne- Happy birthday to Little Man. One of my favorite quotes from Princess Bride:
Miracle Max: Get back, witch.
Valerie: I'm not a witch, I'm your wife. But after what you just said, I'm not even sure I want to be that any more.

Ann Marie – Honey, please don’t hurt yourself. I really hope that you can find another outlet to get your hurt feelings and frustration out.

Tonise - I'm so sorry to read about your mom and your Uncle Bill. What a miracle that was with him.

Well, the other half of my post got eaten up by my internet goblins. Thought that I had it all saved but..my bad.
Susie, Marielle, Tracy, Brenda, Ashley, Songbird, Lucinda, and anyone else I forgot: Hello and happy Sunday.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good evening, siblings. Well, thank gods I did not torture myself by actually watching the Teen Choice Awards tonight because it was just awkward and painful and WRONG!! But, I suppose any opportunity I have to see Rob... I'll take it. Of course, Rob&Kris looked phenomenal, even slightly coordinated. Thankfully, I just watched all the posts on FB and then checked YouTube. Essentially, this was The Saga's swansong at the TCAs. They pretty much gave them an award for being The Saga and honoring the fact that it has won 42 awards over the last 5 years. I do recommend watching the vid of the presentation for Ultimate Choice as it is pretty sweet. Rob&Kris actually, after accepting their awards, turned and gave their surfboards to fans in the audience. And there was, of course, the entrance. As they entered, Rob was holding Kris' hand, and then turned and grabbed Tay's to cover it up! :lol: If you watch the gif, you see him drop Tay's but hold on to Kris'. Smooth, Rob, real smooth. BD2 only won 2 awards tonight (Choice Movie Romance and Choice Actress Romance for Kris). Rob LOST Choice Hottie to Ian Somerhalder, and in the ultimate idiocy, we lost Choice Liplock to freaking HUNGER GAMES!!! Are you freaking kidding me?? I seriously weep for the future. I do have to say, I'm not shocked Rob&Kris rolled in, accepted their award adn rolled right back out. I can't blame them at all. Thank gods, this might be the last time they had to endure any of it.

Tracy~ Black Book is a NYC-based cultural magazine. I hadn’t heard anything about it until we saw the pics, so it kind of came out of nowhere. No, the pics based on Cronenberg films are the ones from Premiere magazine a few months back. They are the ones of him in all manner of Ts that I posted a bit earlier. Quite yummy. As I said on FB, I don’t think we can get the mag locally, but I know some women who have ordered in on EBay. Jesus, Tracy!!! First pic is the one that knocks me on my buns EVERY TIME!!! You know what his back in that blue shirt does to me!!!

Lynne~ Wonderful that you had such a fabulous celebration with the church family. Awesome that you are needed at work, even a little.

Marielle~ Yes, I’ve seen the FB posts from the festival. Looks like you are having loads of fun.

Suzan~ Shows you how much attention I pay!! I didn’t even notice. :lol: Of course Ms. Kristen has a place of honor in the house! Oh, and Tai can take her place in the menagerie. I think we’ve a giraffe already there. And a horse. And, of course room for Bear… if he comes to visit that is. I had heard that they took the lemons out of Sempre and I agree that I think it’s a bit of a mistake. They do show a lot of growth in their relationship and how he truly treats her differently than he does the other girls in his world.

Amy~ As if we’d lock you out, young lady!! :lol: Thanks! Yeah, sometimes you just have to power through. :rotfl: GAH!! I LOVE Miracle Max! But Valerie takes the cake. When she’s dancing around saying HUMPERDINK!! :rotfl:

Alright, siblings, off to bed as I'm helping with BandCamp this week, so it's up early and away from a computer until afternoon.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Amy & Caryn - Bye bye, boys! Have fun storming the castle! Think it'll work? It'll take a miracle!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Have you caught the TCA stuff at your favorite K&R fan sites? I didn't watch, but I checked out the photos at Robstenation and the video of them collecting the Ultimate Choice Award with Taylor, Kristen and Rob seemed to be on it and had a bit of fun, too. Kristen even pointed out Nikki in the audience when she was looking for familiar faces when she was thanking cast mates, directors, and Stephanie. Also, Kristen and Rob gave their surfboard awards to fans in the crowd. Awkward moment or generous gesture? I'll let you make the call on that one. And the photos of them back stage especially, Kristen, Rob and Tay knew that they were being photographed and hammed it up a little. Kristen was the most serious of them, but even she cracked plenty of smiles. And she and Rob even coordinated their clothes to match a bit (Kristen's jacket and Rob's shirt), and Kristen also had her eyeshadow done to match those items. And Kristen didn't shed her heels the entire show, though if there was an after party, the sneakers probably came out.

As far as awards, BD1 took home the Ultimate Choice, Kristen took home Choice romantic actress and Choice summer actress for SWATH. Of course, it seems that Rob got shafted for Choice romantic actor and K&R got screwed out of the Choice kiss award, which pissed quite a few people off here, but I'll be that Kristen and Rob were glad that the spotlight wasn't entirely on them the whole time. Also, K&R held hands at the show on stage, though Rob also conned Taylor to hold his other one--make of that what you will. It's also a bit of a piss-off that they couldn't spell Kristen's name right--she's been a huge star since '08 and you still can't spell her friggin' name right? How serious am I supposed to take your show when you can't spell a major actress' name right? I mean, it should be damn obvious how to spell "Kristen" by now, but then again, it's Fox, they tend to half-a$$ a lot of stuff, including their NASCAR coverage, so what the hell is to be expected, right? At least Kristen and Rob seemed to do pretty good for themselves this time.

As for me, I'll finish looking up a few things, and then I'm off to bed. I have some new sausage patties that I tried earlier. They taste good, but are as oily as hell--it looked like the Exxon Valdez ran around in my frying pan, and there was twice that I had to dump out oil. So I'm considering giving them to my brother or my grandma if the want them and picking something else up after work on Tues or Wed.

So that's about all I can think of as the sandman's coming after me now. I hope that you'll like my explanations about what I write and how I try and write, and I hope that you'll like how Kristen and Rob did tonight.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/