Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I've finished my first read through of The Crown and tweaked some of it. Now I'll have to read it through again and make sure the flow is good. Overall, I cut about 5000 words, so that should please Rochelle.
I'm going back to work for her today for the first time since the school holidays started. She's going to teach me how to set up ebooks. Apparently it can be quite tricky. I'm fine with going there; she has air conditioning and the weather here at the moment is stifling. It's not going to let up until Tuesday, either.

Sean
- I'm glad you were able to afford the pump and that it's doing its job!

Songbird - yes, I did get a lot done. This country does see extreme disasters quite regularly. If it's not droughts and fires, it's floods. Living here can certainly be a challenge! But it's unlikely our house will be hit by these bush fires. We're too far away.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi all,

Sarah~ Yup I have 3 copies of the Saga too! I also bought most of them at the used bookstore. I am still looking for the NM movie cover with Edward on it and J& B in the background, so far no luck.

Susie~ Love the hump picture. I haven’t seen that one. How long is Sonny Boy going to be in London? Did Daughter Dear not be able to come out? I forgot where she went to College what it another state? Don’t have to say which one but I can’t remember if she picked on in the same state with you.

Amanda Beth~ Congrats on your new job. When do you start?

Lynee~ We have a dish like that it is almost like a casserole.

Marielle~ I haven’t made cannelloni before. I would love the recipe. My husband cooks more than I do and he is the better cook. He can woop anything up where I need a reciepe.

Susan~ You were way more active than I was in high school. I think due to budget cuts in school a lot of parents have to pay for outside activities I know I do it to for social reason for my kids since out here there is no more front yard play.

Will try to make it back here tonight.
Banner by TammyAZ
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

was gonna try and post some things but I cant remember the password to my photobucket account and we don't have the e-mail that I used when I signed up!!! I'm gonna have to start a new account, then upload everything again :banghead:

Thank you all for your kind words about mom. I'm hoping someday soon we can have closure and the responsible parties will be held accountable so that other families don't have to go through this.

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Wait!!!! I got it!!! I was using the wrong user name :blush:

Ok Susie let's see if this works......

Yay!!! I just have to resize it for it to work....easy enough :clap:

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I had fun watching the PCAs last night..I love Kaley Cuoco :) she's so awesome!

Took Rolph to the dog park for the first time by myself and it's cold today-in the late 30s-but I managed to stay warm since he was running from end to end playing with the other dogs! So much fun to watch!

Song-ah some people are oblivious..or choose to ignore warnings like that. And yes, I work 2 jobs but both are very part time. Lately I've had no time to study so I made myself do some today while watching Parenthood. I have terrible time management so studying isn't going as well as it needs to be. And whoa, you were uber busy I. Highschool!! Impressive! :)

Desiree- I own 3 copies of BD and two of everything else. All hard copies and pocket paperbacks!

Tammy-that's so cool! How'd you make it?

Susie-I had a good customer who was a key witness so that helps but you're right, I feel kinda burned by society right now. Jason helped me put a tracking app on my phone as soon as I got it back :) I only knew about the PCAs since I voted for them. That's so cool Sonny Boy is on his way to London. Amazing!! So jealous. Nice pic btw :)

Marielle- nice to hear about the house, hang in there with all the improvements! Yay for Internet!

Lynne-if you cut 5,000 words..how long is the book?? That seems like a lot!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Today after work, I treated myself to a movie - Silver Linings Playbook. It is fantastic. It's great to see Bradley Cooper play a dramatic role. And Jennifer Lawrence? Perhaps the next Meryl Streep. Amazing.

You might remember that I've been showing my memoir in progress (75% done) to various women who know me, but not the whole Lexicon Travel story, and number 2 just finished it and had very positive comments. I'm meeting with her on Saturday to discuss it more. I'm very encouraged. I then gave that hard copy to another person - my new Starbucks Barista Friend (who happens to be a Twilight Fan). I also have emailed it as an attachment to a couple of people. So far, so good! This week I've started writing again. The home stretch!

I thought Caryn would be back by now - I guess I'll have to go harass her again.

Tammy - Hooray!! Now you've got it! That's very nice.Whatever you do, don't post your masterpieces on facebook - we can use them to lure people back to the Halfway House!!! Maybe I'll post something to that effect...

Sarah - Were you worried about going to the dog park by yourself? What kind of dog do you have again? I know you told us, but I forgot. Sounds like you're having our kind of weather, except more damp.

Desiree
- My daughter graduated from college last May with a Social Work degree and license, but now she's doing service work in Buenos Aires, Argentina for 11 months (starting last August, so she'll be home in July). She's not allowed to leave during her assignment there and we weren't allowed to visit until after the Christmas holidays. We're going to visit her during my spring break, which is the last week in March. Sonny will be all over the UK for two weeks - 7 concerts.

Lynne
- How long is The Crown? It's YA, right? It must take some time to read through it when you're checking for various things.

Songbird - You're right about choir - you've got to do what you love. I'll bet you really miss those American yellow school buses the way you have to shuttle your kids back and forth from school every day. That's exhausting. Maybe you could also try to schedule things so that you feel less scattered. I think it is doing lots of little things that might be driving you crazy. Can you spend more time on fewer things rather than less time on lots of things in a day? Do you know what I mean?

Sean
- I'm glad you have the water pump issue solved with money to spare. You'll have to set that aside, though for the next unexpected repair. I hope you're not getting sick.

Marielle
- I'm so impressed with all of the work you and your bf are doing on your house. It will really be final when you turn in your keys to the old place. You're so lucky to have a vacation in the Canary Islands waiting for you soon! Your parents are so sweet. I only hope I will have money to do something like that for my kids someday. Too bad I'm spending it all now on their tuition!

That's all for now!
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Susie ~ I don't post much on Facebook anyway.....

Ok so it took me a little while to remember what everything in Gimp does, but I had to try something to see if I still had the "touch" lol :blush:

A simple one, but I'll get back into the swing of things soon!!!

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I went to work for Rochelle today and she was telling me how she's trying to be stricter about what she publishes. She's no longer going to repeat publish authors who sell less than 1000 copies of their book. This is not unreasonable, but it has me worried. It's harder to do than you might think. I hope I can do it. If only the school libraries come to the party ...

Desiree - this one's more of a stir fry.

Tammy - I loooooooove your work!

Sarah - The Crown is now about 76,000 words. It was about 81,000. The Heir has ended up at about the 75,000 mark, so it's not a bad size.

Susie
- yes it is YA and yes, it does take some time to check.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

TGIF!!!! I am in need of a weekend!
I don’t have much time to post so I’m jumping to the replies immediately.

Sean, I hope you’ll feel better soon. Here in Holland some flu bug is going around as well… it’s always there after the new year… (spreads quickly with all the new years kisses)…

Susan, I have been thinking about asking the US ladies for the Target dvd as well but I’m not sure if my dvd player is region free… my old one is but I’m not sure about the new one…I just concede to the fact that we won’t get everything here in Holland.
I’m hoping I’ll be able to see the Hobbit this weekend as a break but I’m not sure yet.
Talking about the movies, in Cinestar in Enschede, Pitch perfect is playing this week, perhaps you can watch it there. I know it’s a bit of a trip but you can combine it with a nice shopping spree…there is sale at the moment…

Lynne, I couldn’t imagine more Volturi in BD1? What do you think the extra scenes about the volturi will be?

Desiree, I’ll try to send you a pm tonight with the recipe (if I get my internet working today)…I have to ask my bf to write it down for me…

Tammy, I love the drawing!!

Susie, don’t feel bad about not being able to take your kids on a long holiday as long as they are in school. Educations is so much more useful than a holiday. Besides my parents are only able to do this since they don’t have to pay for tuition anymore.
Yes, Tuesday will be my last stressful day.. after that I’m hoping I’m done with the stress…

Alright got lots to do and little time to do it…
I’ll see you all later (if I win the fight with the cables…)
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Susie and Desiree - The job started today(well, it's Friday now so yesterday) and I was there for an hour before going with my new boss to a big time meeting. Talk about hitting the ground running!

Rant time: One of the things I HATE about LA -- well, two things that roll into one -- it takes forever to get anywhere! This is because of how spread out everything is and the traffic!! New Boy got back from vacation at the early hours of Thursday morning (He was exploring for those who don't remember). He was still sleeping when I got off of work at 6 from jet lag/travel exhaustion and I was debating on going to see him, but it would take me hours to get across LA county during rush hour (we're talking about 20 miles) and then I'd need to drive home again because I work at 10 tomorrow(well, today) and my house and job are near each other, otherwise I'd be fighting another 2 hrs of rush hour traffic in the morning. It's not like we even have the same days off!

How am I going to date someone I don't know when I'll ever get to see?? :(