Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Tornado »

Tracy - your little girl is a teenager on Monday? Is she the first teenager you'll have? I hope Little Man will be more settled this week. Last week one of his friends from last year was moved into his class, which he was pleased about. It's ironic that his worst day last week was the day after this kid started going to his class. So I'm not sure it will make that much difference to him. Hopefully, it won't take him long to get used to the changes.
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Jeez! Is this seriously my first time posting in HH #11? Unacceptable! :( Please accept my apologies, Sibs. I'll try and do better in #12.
Anyways, I know I am super late, but I still wanted to stop by and wish my sibs a Happy New Year! I hope it's been kind so far to all of you. :)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

For those of you who wanted to know how my brother liked BD1, he's still not a fan of Twilight. He said he just watched it because he saw all the other films. And if you think that's bad, you should hear how my little brother talks about Twilight and anything/anyone tied to it--he shows no mercy as far as his dislike of Twilight and relentlessly makes fun of it. At least I like it, and to me that's what matters as far as that goes. And by what I said, I mean that it doesn't matter to me what they think about Twilight--they have yet to put me off from liking it. Just because it's not something they like, doesn't mean I can't like it

Marielle: I'm on a good routine as far as sleeping, but I'm off that a bit this weekend, but I have to get back into it tonight because I have work tomorrow as well as Top Gear on Monday night.

Tracy: See above for my brother's feelings on BD1. I've managed to stay somewhat warm so far.

Everyone: Now I'm about to work on my fan fiction, which I'm writing in response to how people claim that Twilight makes vampires look like wusses. That's the biggest complaint I've heard about the Twilight vampires: "Ewww! They're not scary like Dracula is!" Oh, really?

Lets look at Dracula's/traditional vampire weaknesses: Garlic, sunlight, stake though the heart, running water, wolfbain, he can only come into your home if you ask him in, has to sleep in a casket and if he goes far away from his home base, he needs to drag around a casket full of dirt from his home.

Twilight vampire weaknesses: None of those apply--only shapeshifters and other vampires are able to challenge them to a fight and stand a realistic chance of winning, or, in my fan fic, maybe some creatures from the canon of Bio-Booster Armor Guyver, and even then only in certain circumstances. In my mind: Twilight vampires=cool. Dracula=weaksauce. Screw Dracula, Dracula sucks compared to the Twi-pires. Try killing Dracula and try killing Bella or Edward, and see which is the hardest vampire to fight. Also my OC's Lia, Camel, Melinda and Jess--they'll make vampire hybrids look scary compared to Dracula, too :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi Siblings, I am sorry I’ve not been finding time to post during the week much. I’ve been working pretty much every week this year, which is great for the pocket book, but it leaves me with little time because I’m working while the kids are at school, when I would usually be able to get online for a while. I’m so tired. Between that, and choir, and the kids’ swimming lessons, etc, I am feeling pretty worn out. But Bug made it to the next level of swimming lessons. They have it divided where you start with the kiddie pool, then go to frog, dolphin, sea horse, seal, penguin and then you get your diploma A. All Bug had to do yet to get to Seal level was to jump in and swim through a hole under the surface. She was very nervous about this and convinced that she couldn’t do it, and she’s been kind of a brat all week because of it. But she did it, made it to the next level and she is back to her sweet self.
We stayed home this weekend because we’ve been so busy the last few weeks, and MM in particular was very tired and therefore not behaving well at all. So we skipped my in-laws this weekend and just stayed home and relaxed. We went swimming today, though! Besides, the week of Feb 11th is their spring break and they will stay a few days with my in-laws, so missing one weekend isn't a big deal.

Lynne, I only ordered 3 copies of your book so far, but I think I will order 2 more this week. But I wanted to ask you if there is a way I can get mine signed by you? I should have put it in the customer comments thing, but I didn’t think about it...but do you get to see the orders so you can sign it before it gets sent? All the other ones are going to friends of mine, so it’s not such a big deal that they get signed. You know my real name and where I live, so you should be able to figure out which one is going to me, right? Pretty please with sugar on top?? And a cherry, too, if that will help!
How is the new school year going? Did Little Man end up doing ok or is he still upset? Is he in a more structured learning group now? The switch between kindergarten and first grade can be really tough on kids because suddenly it’s no longer all play.
So glad your water didn’t run out!! That would NOT be good.

Sarah, when is your test again? You mentioned it was coming up...how goes the studying? And any news on the court thing?

Desiree, I’m so sorry I missed your birthday! I hope it was great!

Marielle, I was pretty sure MM wasn’t doing chess properly, but he’s 5 and had only played 1 game, so I was proud he remembered what he DID. He’s played a few times with daddy since then, so he knows WAY more than I do anyway. He’ll get there. He’s a smart cookie and loves educational stuff. He may just be a big nerd like mommy and daddy!
It’s really too bad Huissen is so expensive...it’s a really nice town and it would be SO nice to live closer to my in-laws, especially since the kids’ school is going to be moving in a couple of years. I’d really like to move there. Most people try to get away from the in-laws and I want to move closer...am I crazy?
Did you get things worked out with your coworker? I think it’s so hard to tell someone’s tone from email, and some people are more sensitive than others...is there a language barrier? That can be a problem, too. When I was in labor with my son, the verloskundige kept saying “Kom op” and I told hubs later if she had said that one more time I was going to tell her to shut the heck up because I was doing the best I could. He explained she was saying it as “Come on, you can do it” but what I heard I thought it meant “Come on, you aren’t even trying, wimp!”

Sean, congrats to your coworker. It’s nice when the work environment is happy. Mine used to be TERRIBLE, but some of the people left and the newer ones seem to have a better work ethic, plus they networked everything and all the proceedures are completely different, which makes it harder for people to be lazy and now it’s pretty good. Not the best job in the world, but at least it’s a more pleasant atmosphere.
Yay for your bank account. I bet it feels good to get a paycheck now.
So is your brother a closet Twihard now? I don’t buy the whole “I only watched it because I saw the other movies.” People don’t generally waste time like that on something they aren’t enjoying. As Dr. Phil says, we only do things that work for us,..if it didn’t work for us or we don’t get anything out of it, we don’t do it. Sounds like your brother might just be a bit embarrassed about liking something like Twilight, perhaps more so because he’s given you a hard time about it. You know the old "Me thinks thou doth protest too much!"

Susie, Happy belated Lexiversary! I completely missed mine back in December. Oops.
Wow, that’s a lot of birthdays this coming week!!

Tracy, Sounds like your daughter’s team is improving! Wow...13! I’m not looking forward to the teen years, but you always have such nice stories about your kids, so maybe I’m fearing nothing. There just seems like so much more to worry about now than when I was younger and so many more ways for me to mess up as a mom. You seem to have it so together!! How do you do it??

Hi Ginnie, Tammy, and BlueStarEgo!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man will be back at school today. There were no tears last night and none so far this morning, so I'm hoping he will be okay. We'll see.

I'm off to work for Rochelle today. We've both been under a lot of pressure lately, so it will be interesting to see if we achieve very much! I hope so. There's so much to do.

Hi there, Chrissy! Glad to see you back!

Sean - yeah, the Twilight vampires are definitely tougher than the traditional ones. Maybe that's the real reason why the traditionalists don't like them.

Songbird - you have been busy! I'm sure you're getting lots done, though. Yes, I should be able to sign your copy of my book. Rochelle has told me I can do that. There are a couple of people who want me to sign their copy. I'll see how Little Man goes today. Hopefully this week will be better because he knows what to expect now.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Songbird: My brother is kind of a Nikki Reed and Ashley Greene fan, but aside from that, he always tells me that Twilgiht sucks and makes vampires look like sissies and gives vampires a bad name. Oh boy, if only he knew how much more invulnerable a Twi-pire is vs Dracula. Dracula isn't scary at all compared to any Twilight vampire, or to many creatures from, say, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver, which is one of his favorite anime series. Dracula makes Agito Makishima/Guyver III look like Vlad the Impaler, and makes the early incarnations of Sho Fukamachi/Guyver I look like Charles Bronson or Clint Eastwood, let alone Sho in recent chapters of the manga, who is a crapload braver and much more aggressive a fighter than early on, and has shown that when pushed, can easily match Agito in combat. It's Dracula who looks pretty weaksauce to me.

Lynne: Look above for what I told Susan about Twilight vampires, but I do have this to add. I find traditional vampires to be passe and not inspiring. Twilight's are more unique and, I feel, brings something new to the table. In fact, that's part of what was the genesis of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight. Guyver is pretty interesting, and I started to think how those creatures would stand up to the Twilight vampires. And I think that the result will be pretty interesting.

Now that I've vented about people calling Twilight vampires sissies--and ignoring the "traditional" vampire weaknesses--and finished chapter 5 of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight, I'm getting ready to have dinner, play some WWII stuff, and get ready for work tomorrow. Chapter 6 and a later chapter (I don't know where I'll fit it in) will be pretty amusing with some of the events in them--which include a "girl next door" going dress shopping and one of my OC's trying to train a human girl self-defense.

Other than that, it's fried chicken and VG time soon. I might be back online later, but I might not, since I have work tomorrow and the weather is still cold and, of course, sort of sucks. At least I have an electric blanket and some good books to read :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

HI Chrissy so glad to see you pop in.

Sean~ You are so right about the comparison between Twi-pire and Dracula. They are very cool!

Lynne~ How long is the free shipping available?

Tracy~ Is your soon to be 13 year old the oldest. Time flies. I heard once the kids start school it even goes faster and I have to say I agree.

Susan~ No worries I don't ever mention my bd. That just means another year so I refuse to acknowledge it . Thank you though

To everyone else I missed. :wave:
Banner by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone :)

Busier weekend than I anticipated :) last night we had an impromptu date night with Jason's best friends which was perfect- I really needed to get out of the house! Today we went and saw Jason's grandma, who at 89, just recovered from a heart attack and is doing well. I don't care for the Super Bowl, so I took a nap and then did some homework.

Lynne-glad to hear LM is doing better :) good luck getting everything done!

Song- yay about Bugs swimming :) she conquered her fear, hooray! No news on the court front though I do have to go to traffic court Tuesday and explain about my accident (I'm trying to get the price of my ticket lowered). Studying is going well :) I'm aiming to take my test in the next month!

Hi Tracy! Wow, 13 is such an important..fun age :) how cool. I love it when I hear about good sports coaches- they make all the difference! Oh and I did get a few naps in ;)

Marielle-hope you got a quiet weekend :) you deserve it!

Hi Tammy, Chrissy, Desiree, and Jaclyn!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Thanks, Desiree for reminding me! The free shipping on my book is only available to the end of this month. So if you want free shipping, book in February. I am able to sign them if you want me to.

Sean - I agree that the Twilight vampires are more interesting than traditional ones. I never understood what all the fuss was about with the changes anyway. Who cares if there are new elements to a fictional creation?

Sarah - yes, he has gone better today, so let's hope it continues.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning all!!!

I’m sorry I have been MIA this weekend.
It was a strange weekend, we wanted to do a lot but we were just too lazy to really get going… at least I’ve got a door back into to the bedroom.
I have been playing with Itunes again, trying to find good songs to download. Sadly I can’t choose. Too many good choices.

I heard a funny gossip about Rob having a brush with the Aussie police… Apparently a cop spoke to him (don’t know if it was done in a nice way or anything) about not having a helmet on while driving his bike. (are you obliged to wear a helmet on a bike in Aussie land?)
I found it fun because in most European countries a helmet isn’t obliged, I would have made the same mistake. :lol:

Anyway,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONISE!!!! (I hope you are lurking today)

Lynne, it’s probably for the best that you found the holes in your water defense now and not when you really really need it.

Tammy, gods I love your work… I still have that wallpaper you made for me on my computer…

Sean, I think the last 3 twilight movies aren’t really movies specific for the fans. They have been made to make a bigger group like them…
The weekends are always a bit off for sleeping. We always try to sleep in but for some reason on Saturday the little monster wakes us up before the crack of dawn and on Sunday we wake up early…

Tracy, happy birthday to your daughter… see really is a teen now!!!
We make photobooks online and have them printed. I know it isn’t as much fun as making a scrapbook but it’s so much quicker.
I totally forgot about the presentation until I woke up this morning. I hate speaking for a group. I just hope that because it’s such a small group and it’s just an explanation of what I’m doing for them that it will go alright.

Hey Chrissy!!! Welcome back!!

Susan, my parents would let us make up our own rules with games (they did that too if it meant they would win) so till this day there are games I still don’t know the proper rules. It’s so stupid and embarrassing.
I should be careful about wanting to live closer to family. I can understand in your case that it would be a lot easier with the kids and all but my mother really regrets it. Her FiL (my grandpa) is a tyrant and always grumpy and her MiL (grandma) is really nosy and even goes through her mail without my parents knowing about it.
That was exactly the issue. She thought my tone on the email was too aggressive and I thought I had been nice enough while making a point. There is also a culture difference. You know that people from the East of Holland are very direct, I am and I was working with somebody from Belgium, who are always really careful about what they say and how they say it.

Hey Desiree and Sarah!!!!

Alright I have to get that presentation prepared!!
See you all later!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house