Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry I'm late, but I slept in after work today. Good day at work overall, but it was a long, hard day overall too. I work up at 3:45 yesterday morning to find standing water in my house from where it flooded, and we're gonna have concerns about it until tomorrow night, too.

I'm pretty tired and exhausted right now, and I worked from 11-4 today, after working from 10-4 yesterday, and between not getting the sleep I wanted over the past couple of days, I'm not in the best of shape right now. Tomorrow, I work from 11-2, so that should be better, and hopefully after that Andrea will be able to come back to work--strep throat is no fun, especially in a job such a receptionist.

Also, hopefully the friggin' voice mail system will be working again at work. Out of the past 4-5 days I worked, only yesterday did the voice mail come close to working properly. Dealing with that has been a big headache. Just like the weather. This whole week has kinda sucked so far...

Tired of the rain and the hot/humid weather, tired of stuff at work not working as it should, my friend's clearly tired of being sick, and I'm just tired, period. Can't wait for this week to end.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning all!!

Okay I’m already swamping in work again. My manager is on holiday and I have to get a lot done so I’m going to do only replies and will make my HUMP donation tonight.

Susan, just blame the warmth for you forgetting everything. Everybody in Holland got this holiday feeling and is not really present with their heads.
My thermometer sits in the sun for the whole afternoon, maybe that’s why it gave such a high temp. but somehow we got fairly warm weather here in comparison with what we normally have.
I don’t mind really much about the date. After the second week of September I think I have time enough. I’m hoping to go to Borken the second weekend of September. And we will have to see where we are going to do it. If Susie is coming she can stay with me and I’ll drive her around to see a bit more from Holland except for Amsterdam and The Hague. I could pick up Suzanne as well, she lives close by.

Lynne, maybe we all could do professional reviews on websites for you. That will give you more exposure.

Susie, Yay!!! Your hubs finally have a job!! What is he going to do? I hope he liked his first day.
As you see in my reaction to Susan, you are most welcome. I really want to show you a bit more of Holland than the boring cities we have…anyway, I have a guest-bedroom now with bathroom so you don’t need a hotel and I’m going to drive you around.
With the new meds I an so slow. I feel constantly tired and have muscle ache. I really have days I spend on the sofa doing as less as possible. Yesterday I contacted the hospital to see if something can be done about it but my doc is on holiday right now so I have to wait for an other week.

Hello to all that I have missed… work is really calling…

See you all later!!!

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks! Just popping by to say hi! Great to see so many posts!!
Hi Kristiner!!!

I really just wanted to say:

I WANT TO COME TO HOLLAND!!!

I can totally meet with you guys, if you don't mind? And with Susie coming too - it would be AWESOME!!

Maybe we can fb message or something about it and think about dates?

But I AM TOTALLY IN!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

One more day to cake day!!! I made a carrot cake today and I just have to wait to frost it...it's too hot. But I can't wait to dig in!

Lynne, I did a shameless plug for your book yesterday. There's a blog I like called Momastery. It's a real popular one now and she asked if anyone had any tips for good summer reading...so I posted a link to your book on Amazon.
Also, Shasta said she was already planning on doing reviews for you, and she's passing the book on to her cousin and her daughter when she's done, so hopefully they will help get the word out, too.
How did the writers group go?

Susie
, too bad we can't pick our in-laws, isn't it? Glad you had a good time at the cabin though. I bet it's a different atmosphere without your SIL there!
Glad hubs loves the new job...and flexible hours are a GREAT thing. I wish my husband had more flexible hours sometimes.
As far as I'm concerned, you are more than welcome to gatecrash our meetup! And Jaclyn, too!

Sarah, I wouldn't say I'm working a lot....only 5 hours a week. It would be nice to have more hours because we could sure use the money, but I think we'll be ok without it.
Did you make it through Eclipse yet?

Marielle, I'm so sorry you still aren't feeling well. Why is it that doctors are always on vacation when you need them? I think 3 out of the last 4 times I needed to talk to the doctor, he was on vacation and I had to go to the on call or wait until he got back.
I have dance workshops for choir on September 1st, 15th, and 29th, and October 13th. I get back from vacation the last week of August. So those dates are out. If we do week days, I'm bound here because I have to take the kids to school and pick them up, etc. Weekends we'd just have to avoid my choir stuff and birthdays...2 of my friends have kids with birthdays around then. We should be able to make it work though.

Jaclyn
, come on over!!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYONE!
I hope you like this oldie but goodie.

Marielle
- What a gracious offer to host me at your house in October. Thank you! I'll definitely take you up on it.

Songbird - I know we have to talk about August possibilities. It just may get too complicated for me. When would you be nearest an airport and would you be able to pick me up or would I need to rent a car? I have some budgetary constraints until Hubs gets a few paychecks.

Jaclyn
- Whoot!! Finished Clockwork Angel. Must get over to facebook to chat with you later.

Sean - Oh no! Standing water in the house is definitely not a good thing. Good luck getting it all cleaned up.

Talk to you all later!
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Happy Hump Day!!

I've just spend hours staring at my screen, trying to pick the three best pics from the collection. :swoon: :swoon: It was IMPOSSIBLE! And now I don't have time anymore to do a long post. Promise to make one soon. Hope you're all okay! Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Suzan - I can tell you love that furrowed brow look! That "pained" look. Like he just can't stand to be away from you look. *sigh*
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh goodness, are we posting naughtier pictures of Rob today? ;) It's not my thing but it's all good..! Here my contributions for today :)

Today is my do nothing day! I finished Eclipse and I'm thinking about putting on the movie later. I'm just hanging out, reading and doing laundry..a nice quiet day which was needed since it's ornament premiere this weekend at Hallmark :D

Song-it's a start..I was getting about six hours a week at the store until they fired someone. I finished Eclipse this morning finally and I love that the end still makes me nervous during the fight!

Susie-it's good to hear that I'm making the right choice..:) I really love my off kilter schedule since it's more flexible than most work schedules. I'm so glad hubs is liking his job :D such a relief!

Lynne-I write fiction occasionally and I know how hard it is to stay focused and actually finish a book..and you've finished three! It's so impressive!!

Marielle-feel better soon! Glad you stopped by!

Ah Holland, if only I could afford to go..sounds so awesome :)
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I'm back - 2 posts in 1 day?! ;)

I wanted to swing by & say:

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

I always lurk, even when I'm not posting, and I am really glad to see quite a lot of posts the last few days. I really miss posting here every day!

For those on my fb you will know that we are having a heat wave just now. It's roastin' toastin'!! Especially for Scotland!! Even right now, it's 11pm and we have all the windows open in the house & I am STILL warm! It feels like we are on holiday somewhere abroad & warm! I think it's to get cooler at the weekend, but it was nice while it lasted :) Pity I have to go to work & miss the sun durin the day.

I am very excited about a possible EuroHHCon - we could ask Ann Marie & Trine & Shauni as well as me & Susie & the Holland Sisters! Very exciting!! I hope it happens & that we can all make it. Eeeek!!

Well, enjoy the rest of the week everyone!

Catch you all later! :)
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone! It makes me so happy to see this place buzzing again.

The writers' group yesterday went really well. I talked for two hours straight, but they didn't seem bored and kept asking questions and they bought six copies of my book. Then we went to lunch together and chatted a bit more. Now I have some of them as friends on Twitter, which is great!

Also, the chaplain at my son's school gave me the phone number of a guy who runs a community group in our neighbourhood. They meet on the last Wednesday of every month and like to feature speakers who run businesses or sell products in the area. They're happy to have me come along one night. They usually have at least 40 there, so this could be a great way to sell and network. :)

Susie - I'm glad Hubs liked his first day. I think first days are usually a pretty good indicator of a work environment. It's good that he has flexible hours. Yes, I wish you could have been at the presentation too. Then I would have taken you around the city, although the weather wasn't great yesterday. It's much nicer today.

Sean - yeah, you're getting some hot weather, aren't you? So is Jaclyn, which seems unusual for Scotland.

marielle - I hope you can get all that work done. Believe me, if you want to post reviews at any site, I will be more than grateful!

Jaclyn - I'd like to go to Holland too. I can't see it happening, but I'd like to!

Songbird - shameless plugs are always welcomed. Feel free to plug it anywhere at anytime. And thank Shasta for me. I like it when people spread the love around.

Suzan - I enjoyed those offerings, but from that collection I think this one is my favourite:

Sarah - Five, actually. ;) I wrote a full length companion book for The Heir and I've also written a novel for the Christian market. Rochelle is reading it at the moment.