Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

It's almost TV premiere time! Tonight it's Survivor and next week all the good sitcoms come back! One of the best things about fall to me.

Lynne-how's your weather now? I know you're opposite of the U.S. and it always makes me smile because Christmas is in the midst of the summer for you..I'd find that so weird! I'm glad The Heir seems to be doing well..it's on my to-read list for sure, I got distracted by Divergent!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Whew...got my house pretty well scrubbed! Tonight is Info night at school and since we have 2 kids, we both have to go, one of us to each class. So my FIL is coming to sit with the kids, who will be in bed, but we can't leave them home alone, even though it IS only a block away. So I scrubbed doors to get rid of fingerprints, etc, vacuumed the stairs, scrubbed down the microwave, and cupboard doors, along with all the basic stuff like mopping and wiping down kitchen counters. My in-laws are perfectionists and if anything is found lacking, they don't hesitate to mention it and give me a list of chores in my own house. They are lovely people, but it's best to have everything in tip-top shape before they come over. And now Bug just came and informed me that there was pee all over in the bathroom...MM apparently missed the toilet and didn't say anything. I seriously don't know what to do about him right now. Between the accidents, his crying at the drop of a hat (he has already cried 3 times today, once because he couldn't find a sock, once because his teacher couldn't find his paper-which he had the whole time, he just didn't look properly, and once because I took a different way home than the one he wanted) and then the behavior he KNOWS is wrong, like throwing things, I am losing my mind!! On the up side, he's doing REALLY well in school. When I went to ask his teacher about the paper he was crying about, she said she wants to test his level for reading. Usually they wait until core level 3 before they do the "sun" book like Bug had last year (for advanced readers), but he's so far ahead she wants to start him on it NOW before he gets bored. The one teacher told me already on the first day that she had put a word on the board and asked the kids if the M was at the beginning of the word, the middle, or the end. MM raised his hand and just read the word. She said he just read every word she put up and then the teacher today (they have 2 teachers, one at the beginning of the week, the other at the end) said that she puts instructions up for math or reading or whatever, and he can read the instructions to tell the rest of the class what to do. So she wants to test his level and get him going on the harder stuff. So school is great as far as that goes, and she said as long as she's firm with him about the crying, he isn't as bad, but that he is a VERY easy crier.
So...that's me for now.

Sarah, have fun with fall programming!

Lynne, what a relief that must be for you!! Good job! I am so so so anxious for The Crown now that it's getting so close!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm working for Rochelle today. Hopefully, it will be a productive day. School holidays start for two weeks after today, so I won't be working for her again for two weeks today.

Sarah - At the moment we seem to be skipping spring and moving on to summer. It's been quite warm here the past few days. I hope you can get to The Heir soon! :)

Songbird - your in-laws tell you what housework to do???? I'm glad my in-laws don't do that. It would not go down well. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with MM. At least he's doing well in school. Yes, I'm really looking forward to the release of The Crown and seeing how it is received, especially by those who love The Heir.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty long day. I wish that Nov was here now so I can start my new job. Today was a drag of shredding, answering phones, and dealing with stuff that I still feel ill-equipped to deal with. The scanning job will be so much better for me when I get it. Until then, I'm stuck doing what I'm doing now. I'm just trying to hang on.

Other than that, I'm pretty tired and exhausted, and I just hope to get some stuff done tonight before I go to sleep, and I'll be needing that sleep.

I just hope that tomorrow is better than today. At least Audi from Circuit of the Americas has given me some good news--1-2 in both test sessions and well ahead of Toyota.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

My goodness,
It's been so long since I've been here at the forum. It's like a ghost town in here. Wow. I sure do miss coming here and reading what's going on with everyone. Now that I finally have Internet at my house, I'm going to try to come back.

Hugs to all of you.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man is staying at my in-laws' place tonight, so Hubby and I are going out to dinner. We will have nearly 24 hours to ourselves. I'm really looking forward to it. Little Man hasn't stayed overnight with them since December.

Good to see you back, Amy!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'm so relieved it's the weekend. I feel like this week was chaotic and tiring! Jason and I went out to dinner with his cousins and best friends (whom we see probably once a month or so). Tomorrow I'm going to IKEA with a girlfriend to get a few things for the house and I'm pretty excited that Sunday looks to be a quiet day for me. I'm hoping to maybe watch the extended edition of BD1 finally that I bought over the summer.

Song-wow, sounds like you have your hands full with your kiddos! How old is MM, again? He's younger than Bug, right? Some kids cry easier than others but still, sounds stressful. How terrible of your in-laws to give you such a hard time!

Lynne-it's on my to-read/to-buy list. I'm working on my extensive list and it's on there!! Plus with the Crowne coming out, it intrigues me even more :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry I didn't write in last night, but it was a long day and I needed some sleep badly.

It was actually a pretty good day at work. I was able to get caught up on some worked that started to pile up and it wasn't too busy. With days like that, I wouldn't mind keeping my job until Nov.

But why I was so tired was that I planned to take a nap after work, but my brother had me run out to the bank and the grochery store for some errands. Then I decided to stay up to watch the storm come in last night. After it started raining, I did go to sleep, got up to watch F1 practice, and then go back to sleep for a while.

I plan on watching F1 qualifying tonight, and other than that, just doing some stuff online and reading and stuff like that tonight. Then I have 3 weeks off before the next WEC race from Japan.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hey everyone! Wow it's been a long day! But fun. Bug had swimming lessons today so while she was swimming, I had to go shopping for a few things we needed, which is SOOOO much easier to do without the kids. Then we came to my in-laws' house and the kids all have piggy banks here, so we took a trip to the toy store and they got to buy stuff with their money. Then the kids came back with Oma and Opa and hubs and I went out for dinner because tomorrow is our anniversary. 12 years! So tomorrow we're getting Chinese takeout for the whole family. There is a carnival here tonight where my in-laws live, so we went to that and the kids had a ball and came home with lots of prizes they won...I think skeeball is their favorite! And while we were at the toy store today we discovered there was a sale on trampolines. The kids LOVE them and I've been thinking that would make a great Christmas present for them. So hubs will go back and get one on Monday.
My best friend decided this week to reconcile with her husband and move to Australia. He works in the finance department for Hertz (car rentals) and he gets sent all over. She was ready for a divorce and he had moved out but was trying to get her to get back with him and he's being transferred to Oz. She said no and so he decided not to go because he didn't want to be away from his daughter, but it meant he would have to move somewhere else. Well, now she decided to give him one more chance and they have decided to go to Australia. I'm so sad about it. I know I won't get to talk to her much, even online because of the time difference, and she won't be there anymore when I go home, which makes it all the nicer that I got to see her this summer while I was there. And he's treated her so crappy and I'm afraid she'll be miserable there and have no way to leave...it's such a huge chance to take. I really really hope it works out for her, but I'm sad and scared for her and I'm going to miss her so so much. It probably sounds crazy since she's already thousands of miles away from me, but it's different with her being in Australia because it really will be hard to see her and chat on FB like we're used to doing. It's only for 2-3 years though and then they are supposed to go to London for a few years, which could become permanent. THAT will be nice because we'll be only an hour's difference in time, and flights between the UK and Holland are cheap so we can probably see each other quite a bit. But until then, I am a sad panda. Not sure when she moves to Oz.

Amy!!! So happy to see you!! I hope you get to come back more often now!

Lynne, nice to have some time as a couple, isn't it? Is there a special occasion? Our kids stay with my in-laws usually a few days in every vacation from school.

Sarah - MM is 5, so he's still young. He is getting BETTER with the crying, but when he's tired it's horrible. I've been keeping a journal the last few days, but I didn't bring it with me today and I really should have. I don't know how many times he cried today because he's tired, and that combined with my nephew being an absolute BRAT makes it unbearable. B-boy (my nephew) does stuff like....we're getting ready to go to the carnival and we tell all the kids they need to go to the bathroom first. There are 2 bathrooms and Bug was in one, so MM said he would go upstairs and as SOON as B-boy heard that, he ran up the stairs as fast as he could so MM couldn't go there and then taunts him about it. And they all got to pick toys to buy with their money and they came back and B-boy started playing with MM's toy, but then wouldn't let MM play with HIS. As long as we're sitting right there when they play together, it goes ok because we can diffuse any of the little squabbles, but if we're not right next to them B-boy bullies MM. He's 2 years older and can do more and he is way bigger, so he takes advantage. And yes, Bug is older than MM by a year and a half.
My in-laws really are wonderful people and I love them. I just usually avoid having them come to OUR house because my MIL especially looks for things like spiderwebs in the corners, or fingerprints on the cupboards, and she points them out to me and will say "Oh, you'll have to remember to do that tomorrow." or "I noticed the such and such needs to be cleaned." That's what I mean by them giving me chores in my own house. But I can't really complain because other than that, we have a GREAT relationship and they treat me like their own daughter. I know I'm very lucky to have them in my life...very blessed. And as long as we come to THEIR house instead of them coming to ours, things go really well. I sort of hit the jackpot where my in-laws are concerned. I was engaged before to a guy I met in high school at a summer program and his mom was a NIGHTMARE and I was NOT looking forward to having her as a MIL. I dodged a bullet by calling that engagement...more than one bullet actually. I would have been MISERABLE had I married him, AND I would have had the MIL from a very hot place. So the difference between her and my MIL is HUGE!! I can appreciate her all the more having experienced P!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Hubby and I had a lovely date yesterday. We stayed home and relaxed at first, then went into Southbank, which is a nice place with an artificial beach, nice parklands and lots of restaurants. We walked around for a while before having dinner at a burger place, then we went to the Chocolate Pavilion for dessert, before coming home and watching a DVD of one of our favourite TV shows. Since Little Man spent the night at the in-laws' place, we got to sleep in for the first time in years!

Songbird - Congrats on the 12 year anniversary! I'm sorry to hear your friend is moving away. That will be hard. Do you know where in Australia she's going?