Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

My area was under a tornado warning last night, though nothing really happened. A severe thunderstrom warning wasn't even issued until the storm was on top of us, and the tornado warning wasn't issued until the storm was gone. Still kinda eerie to hear the tornado sirens off in the distance, though.

We got the Pontiac back last night, and I get my social security check tomorrow, so that's grocery day, and we might be getting a new microwave.

I'll be looking up some stuff, watching some videos, and playing a bit on the PS2. For dinner tonight, I might be having some pasta stuff that I've been wanting to try out. And I'll probably take a nap between doing some of this stuff.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I've been talking with Rochelle about the Christian novel I've written. Unfortunately, she's shutting down her Christian imprint so future novels will only have a mild (if any) Christian content, which means mine will not be suitable for it. So that means I'll have to try and find another publisher for it. *sigh* Oh well, at least I have some street cred now that I have three published books!

Sarah - glad you had such a good holiday. I'd love to go to Hawaii, but I think I'll have to be content with the Gold Coast, at least for now! I haven't read The Fault in our Stars. Not sure I could handle it.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get some stuff looked up today before I go and run my errands. I'll be getting some groceries and I'll also be getting a VIP membership at a Guyver forum later today.

Other than that, I'll be planning on doing more of the same as I have been: looking up stuff, looking up some Audi videos later, doing some gaming stuff, and trying to work on fan fic if I get a chance.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

My friend Tanya arrives from Adelaide (which is quite a way from here) this morning. She was one of the original group of girls who encouraged me to write The Heir and she is coming over for the book launch. I have never met her before although I have spoken to her on the phone. I'm looking forward to it! :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! I am sorry I was absent for a while...I was re-reading Twilight and there's something about it that just sucks me in every time and it's like the world around me does not exist and I can't put the books down. I suspect it's Zafrina...she makes me see only the book and nothing else exists. It's all her fault. And then I read a new one for my author friend...wow....this one just HAS to get published. It's her best one yet. I'm so excited for her...the last one she wrote was really good, too, and one of the agents loved her writing but didn't think she could sell that particular book. So she's been fixing it up and she applied to some thing where authors get 10 minutes to pitch their book to an agent in their genre. They only choose a few authors from each genre and she was chosen based on the the book she's been fixing up. She has 2 weeks to edit it, so I'm going to help her with it again and then when the pitch is over, we'll go back and talk about the latest one I just read. But I'm so excited for her and I swear she's going to get published soon. It's got to happen. I have so much fun reading for her...it's pretty much my dream job...if I got paid. :D

Hubs took MM to the doctor for his stomach AGAIN. They can't find anything wrong with him, but this has been going on for MONTHS, so hubs took him in and insisted on blood tests and urine tests. So far, all they've done is press down on his stomach in a few places to feel for swelling, and since nothing is swollen, they say they can't find anything wrong. But there are SO many things that can cause stomach pain that wouldn't cause swelling. We are still on the waiting list for the psychologist.

So that's what's going on in my world.

Lynne, I'm so glad your books made it. I really wish I could come to your book launch!! I hope all goes well! And it's so great that your friend is coming for it!!
Will Rochelle not print ANY Christian stuff anymore? I mean, I can understand letting the side of business go for a specific genre if it's not selling, but sometimes novels can cross over several genres and if you market it in one of the OTHER genres, it sells better than another. Will she not print anything that has Christian elements in it?

Sarah, glad you had a good time! I've never been to Hawaii. When I was younger, I really really wanted to go...it seemed like such a romantic place and I always thought that's where I'd want to go on my honeymoon. As I got older, I realized the beach wasn't really for me...I don't like just lying there, I burn SUPER easily, and I don't like wearing a swimsuit. We ended up going to DisneyWorld for our honeymoon and it was perfect. But was there a lot to see and do in Hawaii, besides the ocean?
I loved THe Fault in Our Stars. Sooo sad, but so good!

Sean, Glad everyone is ok after the storms. We had one year back when I was in high school where there were a whole bunch of funnel clouds, but nothing that touched down, and the sirens didn't go off until it was all over. My brother and his friend saw a few funnels and we went and took cover and it lasted for a few hours, but the only coverage was on the radio. I found out later that the sirens only go off when a tornado is spotted touching down somewhere in a certain zone...so the siren system relies on people seeing the tornado and reporting it. And the area is sometimes pretty large, so a tornado could be 30 miles away, but it is in the same zone so the sirens go off when you have no sign of the funnel in your immediate area. It's best just to learn what to look for yourself and take cover if the conditions look doubtful, even if the sirens aren't going. My husband swore they never get tornadoes here and a couple of years ago, there was a big storm...hail, REALLY windy, that horrid green/yellow/grey colored sky, it got dark...it just looked like tornado weather, and of course over here, since the "don't get tornadoes", houses don't have basements. So I called my husband asking where I could get weather info and he swore up and down that it couldn't be a tornado. There was zwarte cross (motor cross) going on at the time and it was reported that it was likely a tornado...trees were ripped up and landed on cars, etc and part of a stage was ripped apart by the wind at the zwarte cross arena. Hubs was completely shocked when I told him. So apparently the Netherlands isn't as immune to tornadoes as he thought.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

The first few days back at work have been smooth, which is always a relief! I must have brought the weather back with me because it's been in the 80s here which is crazy unusual for this time of year! We're lucky if we ever get that during the summer..and I'm one of the few people that enjoys it :) Washingtonians just aren't experienced with the heat and they don't care for it.

This weekend looks to be quieter, I'm more just focused on getting the animals settled back into the house. We ended up adopting my boss's second cat in exchange for cat sitting which Jason wasn't thrilled about but the poor cat needed a home since they're moving in the next month due to their expanding family. So now I've got Katniss and Peeta ;)

Song-Oh trust me, Hawaii has tons to do besides the beach. I sat out on the beach and read a few times but only really laid out tanning once, on the full day we were there. We went to the aquarium and zoo, a traditional Hawaiian luau, some of the Pearl Harbor historic stuff, and to a bunch of the shops on the beach. There was so much more we could've done, like snorkeling or para sailing or general exploring of the island. The historical side of the islands fascinates me as well!

Do you think you'll go see TFIOS movie? I'm wanting to but it looks super sad!! Sorry to hear about MM, have they thought about dietary changes or something that could be making him nauseous? Poor kid :/

Lynne-that's frustrating that Rochelle doesn't want to publish Christian books anymore..did she say why? Congrats on The Reign by the way!!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Happy TGIF, Siblings! Just stopping by to lurk for a minute or two. :D
Y'all have a great weekend!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Nothing new except I FINALLY got to watch Austenland. It never came out in theaters here and the closest theater to us that was showing it was an hour away in Germany, so I figured I'd wait for the DVD, which was released here on the 16th. I asked the video store if they had it and the guy made me spell it and said he had never heard of it and they didn't have it. So I ordered it online, but it never got here. I called the online store and it WAS sent out, just never delivered here, so either it got lost or the delivery man went to the wrong address (we live in a very confusing neighborhood where every street looks alike and there are little side streets as well, and the street name changes several times). If that's what happened, it makes me angry that the person who received it didn't say "Hey this isn't mine." But at least I will get my money back. But after I had just ordered it, we took the kids to the video store to rent videos since they had vacation and what was on the shelf? A certain movie they told me they did not have and had never heard of. So I rented it last night when I found out my order just was lost in limbo and I wasn't going to receive it. So it all worked out.

Sarah, I would love the historical stuff....the Pearl Harbor things would be really interesting, I'd bet. And a zoo or aquarium would be fun, but stuff like para sailing, snorkeling, etc is not my thing. I'm more of a site seer than a "learn to do this sport" and I'm really not a huge ocean person.
Congrats on getting a new cat! Jason will come around....he didn't want to get the first one, either, right?
Yes, I plan on watching TFIOS, but I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD because I know I'll be BAWLING, which would be really embarrassing in the theater. Not to mention the theater is so expensive! There are some things that are worth it to watch in the theater, like THG or Twilight or HP, but some of them I can wait until they are on DVD.

Tonise
, thanks for checking in! Hope everything is going well. How are you feeling?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got done washing dishes and working on some stuff at home. I'll be looking up some stuff and then I'll work on fan fic later tonight after playing some gaming stuff.

Other than that, I haven't done much yet today. I'm also sort of not feeling so good right now. So I hope that today goes well for me.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today's book launch day! I think everything is ready. I've packed up all my stuff in bags and boxes so that we can just throw it in the car later on. all I have to do today is buy some stuff from a cake factory and plate up my fruit and the cakes and a couple of other things. We'll decorate the hall when we get there. It should be fun, but it's also nervewracking!

Susan - I'm sorry to hear that MM is still having problems. Hopefully they will find the problem soon and fix it. Rochelle hasn't given up Christian books completely, no. She just has a problem with the idea of writing 'Christian' books as opposed to writing books with Christian content. She wants her books to appeal to secular and Chrisitan audience, so maybe having some Christian content (like one character or something) with a few viewpoints here and there, something like that. Unfortunately, my manuscript is overwhelmingly Christian and the whole story is a Christian one, so it's not going to be possible to reduce the Christian element. I'll have to see if I can find some other way to publish it.

Hey Tonise!

Sarah - see my explanation to Susan about why Rochelle isn't doing them anymore. I'm glad you've had such nice weather yesterday. Maybe it will make you feel like you're still on holidays! :D