Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Michelle, thanks for suggesting bookBub and EpicReads to me. Unfortunately, I checked them out and both are a no go. Bookbub charges $135 to feature a YA book. That's way beyond something I can afford. And EpicReads deals mainly with only Harper Collins publications. They don't accept outside submissions.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Oh wow there's people here!! Yay!

Today I did a bit of shopping with my Mom (getting ahead on Valentine's Day since it'll be here before I know it :) ) and then attended one of Jason's cousins (who are also his BFF's) kids' birthday parties, which was super hero themed. I wore a Captain America t-shirt just for fun and it was nice to visit with everyone for once.

Song-Hi!!!! Good to see you around and hear how your kiddos are doing :) How exciting about your choir group winning!!

Yes, my beloved Seahawks are back in the Super Bowl!! It was such a crazy ending to our Championship game, we won in overtime after we just played bad...makes me nervous for tomorrow but I'm excited. Jason's Dad is coming over like usual and bringing BBQ. I'll be breaking my diet for that ;)

Michelle-I had a Gameboy as a kid, makes me smile thinking about it! I'm sure you can find the old school ones on eBay if you look. I hope your eye clears up soon.

Lynne-I'll buy it in the next day or two! It's good timing as well since I'm currently working on two non-fiction books and am definitely in the mood for some fiction :) How goes the promotion?
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hello Again!

I'll try to pop in a couple of times a week.

In case any of you have forgotten any of my family details, and for Michelle who doesn't know me yet - I'm married (28 years) with a cool Hubs who works in IT and we have a 24 year old daughter(Daughter Dear) who is a social worker (gainfully employed - YAY!) and a 21 year old son (Sonny Boy) who is in his last semester in college as a piano performance music major. (I see the light at the end of the college tuition tunnel!) I teach English as a Second Language to Adults M-Th 9:30-12:30. That leaves time for a huge involvement in Toastmasters, 2 clubs, 1 club office, 1 district office. It seems like I took all of that time I was driving my kids around and filled it with Toastmasters activity! Oh and I do write a very active blog on friendship (susieyoungatheart.com) which takes up a few hours a week. There is life after kids!

Lynne - I love reading about how you keep moving forward with your writing/publishing. Good for you. You certainly don't just sit around, do you?

Sean
- The last two snow storms stayed south of Minnesota. We've lucked out this year. How do you like shoveling? I actually like it. We don't own a snow blower because we prefer to get the exercise.

Susan - Oh my goodness! Your poor son. That sounds like a scene from a movie (St. Vincent has a scene like that). I would be soooo upset it I saw someone beating up my son! How is he doing? Aside from that experience, it seems like things are going better for him. And Bug - what a little darling she is on stage! I foresee a mother-daughter number coming up in the future. By the way, it's been 5 years since I joined the Lex. It was 2010.

Sarah - Way to get ahead of the Valentine's shopping. I hadn't even thought of it yet. Congrats on having the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. It sounds like you'll have a fun party at your house.

Super Bowl and Susie - I wasn't raised with football on the TV at all since my dad is an engineer nerd not interested in sports and my brothers were the same. My husband was born in the U.S. but to English parents, so no football for him. Also, my daughter and son weren't into team sports either, so as a family we've never watched the Super Bowl. Can you believe it? It's practically un-American. The 2018 Super Bowl will be in Minneapolis 15 minutes from my house. We keep joking about how we could rent our house out that weekend and make some money. But then we don't have a big TV, nor do we have cable, so what Super Bowl ticket holder would want to stay there?

Michelle - Did you get my Lexicon private message?

Hubs is in Florida (Tampa) visiting his brother with Sonny Boy. I'm enjoying a weekend to myself with lots of friend dates. Today is lunch with a friend. Later Daughter Dear will come over to watch Downtown Abbey and then Grantchester with me. (James Norton is SO hot!)

See you later!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

The weather is supposed to get pretty bad here overnight and into tomorrow. Even if where I work doesn't close, I probably won't make it in depending on the condition of the roads.

Aside from that, I'm just up to my normal stuff right now. I don't have a ton new to talk about, however.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

it's Monday again here, and for the first time in weeks, the weekend wasn't too bad as far as the heat went. It was still a bit hotter than usual but it was tolerable. We're getting air conditioning put in in just over a week and summer will probably end the same day! :roll:

Sarah - Good on you for dressing up for a kids' birthday party! I love dress up parties. I hope The Heir will give you a suitable respite from that boring non-fiction. :D

Susie - Thanks for the praise. I must be doing something right with all my promotion because my publisher wants me to write down what I do and give it to her other authors. However, I still only get a constant trickle of sales, not a flood. At least it's a trickle. How's work going on your book?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Now it's gone all quiet ...
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Since my beloved Seahawks lost on the LAST PLAY of the game, I wasn't in the mood to post yesterday. Or even talk about it today. It's just sad. Sad sad sad.

Susie-I like to shop but I need a reason in order to justify it..so Valentine's Day it is! I just ended up getting him a new shirt to wear out to lunch (there's no way I'm going near those Saturday night crowds!) and will get him some candy. Easy, yes. Creative, no.

Sounds like you're staying busy (any luck with the publication?) and enjoying life :)

Lynne-I bought The Heir today! I'll try to get started on it this week, I've got a memoir and a comedy going, plus a Christian fiction. Clearly, I like to read haha.

I just wore a Captain America t-shirt and matching eye shadow. A lot of the adults were wearing super hero tees and it was nice to be able to be a bit of a geek :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've had a fairly crummy time of things recently. I've felt run down, tired, frustrated and depressed since Friday.

The better things that have happened since then is that we now have a Kerueg coffee brewer at home and we have a kitten at home. He's a 6 month old grey and white kitten who has been out in the wild, and my parents caught him before the next major cold snap hit. He's pretty much a feral cat, so we have him in a pet carrier right now while we're trying to socialize him a bit before we let him out.

So that's what I've been up to lately. Not very much, but I hope that things will improve for me soon.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hey! I'm just popping in for a few. I didn't get to come in yesterday. I worked during the day and had a jam session with a different band/choir last night. It was a lot of fun, but I had a headache the whole day and then I didn't get home until 11 last night and I finally took an Ibuprofen around 1 and was able to sleep. I'm a tired mama today. I have my choir's rehearsal tonight, so it will be another late night.

Sean
, are you wanting to keep the kitten or did you just catch him to keep him from being out in the storm and you'll let him go later?

Lynne, I'll post a link on my FB. Maybe some of my friends will want it.

Sarah, so sorry your team lost. Wyoming doesn't have a team, so most people are fans of the Denver Broncos, but I've never been a football fan...I only watched for the commercials. They were the best part of the Superbowl. But we don't get it over here anyway, so I don't have to worry about all the hype and "Who are you going for?" stuff.

Susie, I guess I didn't realize Sonny Boy was a piano major! Cool...he can accompany us when we sing together!
Yes, I was LIVID when I came around that corner. MM says they didn't hit him, they were just holding him against the wall. He was terrified, not hurt, but it REALLY made me angry and I went in guns blazing and ripped the one kid off of him...scared him pretty well, too. (Serves him right!) The other kid was just mostly blocking MM so he couldn't get away, so I didn't really bother as much with him as I did with the kid who had hold of MM. But you say that kid's name to another parent and they go "OH, him....yeah he did <insert story of what he did to THEIR child>". He's apparently notorious, but then I think the school and his parents aren't doing enough to remedy it. We had a rough weekend after the incident, but MM seems fine now. I, however, keep getting nightmares that something happens to one of the kids.
The superbowl...anyone who wanted to rent your house for that weekend wouldn't NEED a big TV...they'd have tickets to the actual game, wouldn't they? If they were going to watch it on TV, they wouldn't travel to MN to do it. If they wanted to watch other games or things on TV, there is bound to be a sports bar somewhere. In Wyo, people do that for Cheyenne Frontier Days (Rodeo)..rent out a room in their house. And people do that for Sturgis (South Dakota) motorcycle rally, too. There's always a shortage of hotel rooms/camp grounds and people can charge a lot.
What season of Downton are you on? Season 6 hasn't started yet, has it? I finished 5 a while back and I can't wait for it to come back!!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

After mulling over it yesterday, I have submitted The Heir to Bookbub. It's likely they'll reject my submission, as I understand they reject 90% of the books submitted, and it will cost me over $200 Australian if they do accept it, but every author I've read about (I did some research yesterday) has said it can be a game changer. They are the best out there. That's why they charge so much. The likelihood I'll get in is slim but I'll keep my fingers crossed. It would be nice to get into the top 1000 on Amazon, instead of being as far back in the rankings as I usually am.

I'm supposed to be working for Rochelle today but she was having trouble with her internet last night. Haven't heard from her this morning so I'll still go in at the normal time and hopefully it will all be resolved.

Sarah - sorry your team lost. That's always a bummer. I hope you enjoy The Heir when you get around to it. It's always a nerve-wracking thing, when people read it for the first time. Will you like it? I hope so.

Songbird - I'm glad you got to your jam session in spite of your headache. Thanks for putting The Heir up. Every sale helps. :)