Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

It's supposed to be June 2014, Susan, but I think that's flexible at the moment, especially since Rochelle hasn't even read it yet!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty good day at work today, and nothing out of the ordinary happened today.

That all being said, I haven't had much to do once I got home. As I mentioned last week, my MS Office needed updating, but my brother can't get it to work right. So until I can buy a new copy of MS office in a couple of weeks, I won't be doing much writing.

That sucks because I've had a lot that I wanted to start writing about. I had a new character that I had just introduced and she was gonna get a chapter to herself soon, and my main male OC was about to get his first standalone chapter. But now that's gonna have to wait for about a week in a half now when I get my SS payment and my paycheck from work at the start of August.

So, any help with places to find MS office for cheap or something else that can at least serve as a stop gap will be appreciated. I was able to clear out a time for me to get some serious writing done, and now I can't really work on it.

Other than that, it was a pretty average day. Nothing really special happened, and I'll probably pass the time tonight looking up stuff, playing GT4, making dinner, and watching my little brother play a PC game.

Oh, and that reminds me, I was about to start another fan fic, too, but maybe it'd help if I could get some of the one's that I've been working on finished first!

I'll be back later
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Just a quickie from me :)

Marielle- Katniss is getting braver around Rolph..even approached him tonight while he was asleep..as soon as he woke up, she took off! It's cute to watch..and Jason is definitely falling for her :)

Song-well, the place is a small duplex we found actually equals to what we're paying now with all the rent increases we're facing..so it'd be really cool to get. I'm hoping that by working more hours now, I can help us save and set aside money for the future. Or maybe I'll work for a year and figure it out? :) This is the first time ever I've ever been school-free and I'm enjoying it.

I got Jason to watch Pitch Perfect with me the other day, he liked it! Said it reminded him of his college days :) I'm curious to see what else Anna is going to be in or if she'll record an album. I keep hearing her song 'Cups' on the radio!
'
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

EEEEEEk. I'm so, so busy! I've just finished one editing job, and now Rochelle's given me two others which need to be done by my business, so on my private time. I also need to put together trailers for both of my other books this weekend. Ugh. So much to do and so little time!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hey Everyone!

I'm so sorry to have been gone so long! I feel totally lost on this thread! :? There's no way I can catch up. Sorry!

Here's to make up for missing Hump Day yesterday.
(Although it looks like everyone did!)

I've been busily editing my book based on what Lynne recommended (Thank you again, Lynne!) and now I have cold readers reading it! You guys are practically famous now. I'll keep you posted on the feedback I get. I've already had a few friends and acquaintances read it and they love it, but they know me, so they are totally biased. Most of them didn't know I was doing all of this crazy stuff, so they were amazed.

Looks like I'll be gone again 'cause I'll be away on vacation Friday - Monday. I'll be going to the North Shore of Lake Superior with my friend Mary like we do every year. Hubs and Sonny Boy get to stay home. Daughter Dear comes home on August 7.

See you next week!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Guess who finally has internet and phone back after almost 3 days? I didn't abandon you guys, but CenturyLink sure pissed me off! Something they did with our phone line knocked out internet and phone since Wed morning. So I had a pretty boring couple of days. I was hoping to check out Open Office for possible downloading to replace my out of date MS Office that wouldn't update when my brother tried to work on it. But without internet, I couldn't really do anything. I'll probably try and look that up Saturday.

Today, I have catching up to do with other things and not a ton of time to do it. I have a sportscar race I wanna watch at 7:30 tonight, and I have only and hour between that and F1 practice. So I have a busy night.

At least I have the internet back now.

I'll be back later
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Little Man's school fair is on today. I'm going to work on a stall at ten and then he has a performance early in the afternoon. I'm hoping it will be a really good day. It's supposed to be fine too, which is good.

I paid Rochelle for my 100 copies of The Crown yesterday. I'm happy to say I managed to afford it and have a bit extra for a book launch, which is a relief. I wasn't sure I'd have anything left.

Susie - I hope the editing's going well! :-)
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Just a fly by from me, way too tired and busy!!

We're officially moving in about two weeks, to a duplex near my parents' home, which is only about 20 minutes away.., so I've been so busy with the animals and work and now packing. I got my Illustrated Twilight Guide (the one they released in October) in the mail the other day, such a treat!

Hope everyone is well!!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Does anyone here use Open Office for their fan fic writing or anything else? I'm considering downloading it to continue writing because it'll save me money on having to buy MS Office next week. Namely, I need to know if there'll be any issues with trying to use MS Office/Word documents already completed with it? That's my big question right now.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Less than a week until my trip....I've not gotten everything sorted, so now I'm really freaking out. My brother actually REALLY helped today...I have at least the first leg of my trip and transportation to and from the airport figured out. And if nothing else, he told me that there's a shuttle that goes from Laramie to Denver International a few times a day, so I could do that if I had to. So now it's a matter of getting from my hometown back to Laramie, and also picking my hubby up on the 19th and getting him back to Wright. But at least some of it is fixed up...and he also told me my dad is looking into a cell phone for me to use while I'm there, which would be amazing so I don't have to use my one from here and pay huge rates. I just need to get bank stuff straightened out and get a few more gifts for people, and then I think I've done as much as I can do before I leave. And I have the major part of the schedule down, which is good because I had a nightmare last night that I was back in high school and it was the first day and I didn't have my schedule so I didn't know which class I was supposed to be in and the bell was ready to ring and I didn't want to be late. I have a thing about punctuality and planning...I tend to be a bit OCD about those things.
We finally got a bit of a break in heat yesterday, so we baked cookies. The kids have been begging me for days, but it's been SO HOT and we don't have AC so I was NOT turning on the oven. But Bug has had a fever for the last few days until to day and I felt so bad because her best friend wanted to invite her to go to this big playground that we went to last week with the kids, but because she had a fever, I couldn't let her go. Her best friend is coming to stay the night on Tuesday, though, so they will have lots of fun. We got a new air mattress and all 3 of the kids will be able to sleep on it and we rented videos for the week, so they can watch a ton of Barbie.
I'm working again Monday...SO glad I've gotten some hours in. I really needed them.

Lynne, how does that work exactly? You have to pay for the initial 100 copies or what? Shasta LOVED The Heir and she said she will definitely order The Crown, I already pre-ordered mine. Do you know how many pre-orders you have so far?
I'd like to pick your brain at some point. I need some Authors' points of view.
How did the fair go?

Susie, what are cold readers? Might pick your brain, too, if you wouldn't mind?

Sarah, how exciting! Happy moving!!

Sean, Welcome back!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ