Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! Hope you all had lovely Christmas celebrations! I finally have some down time...I think. Bug got sick with Stomach flu 2 days before Christmas and MM was acting like he might be coming down with it, too. He might still, but he's been ok so far besides saying his stomach hurts.

Lynne, that lava cake looked great...what does it look like on the inside? Does it ooze caramel?

Sarah, how did it go with the brothers? Did they get along? We're very lucky that hubs' brother is back to himself now that he divorced the manipulative shrew he was married to. Makes for MUCH nicer family gatherings.

Sean, did you get your pipes thawed out? My mom always left the water running in a really thin stream overnight if it was supposed to freeze....it helps.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

After last night, I'm back online. I went to sleep at around 5:00 yesterday (I had only 4 hours of sleep), and I didn't get up until about 5:00 this morning.

In the time that I've been up, I finished playing a PC game, and tried out some of the stuff I unlocked. And now I have some stuff I want to work on before around 7:00, when I'll try and make a phone call to a friend, and start doing some stuff to get ready for a Doctor's appointment tomorrow and run some errands.

I'll take advantage of warmer weather this weekend to work on fan fic and some other stuff.

I hope that everyone had a good Christmas :)

Songbird: That's what I do, but it doesn't help when my brothers forget if I'm not awake or they turn the faucet off... :(

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

Today I'm going shopping to buy the ingredients for bread so I can use my new breadmaker for the first time! My in-laws gave us the breadmaker. They've got one, and I've tasted the bread they've made. Yum! Hopefully it will get a lot of preservatives out of our lives.

I watched the Doctor Who Chrismtas special last night. Didn't think much of it. My review is up on my author's page, if you're into Doctor Who and you want to see what I thought.

Sarah - I hope Christmas with your parents went well!

Songbird - Oh not! Stomach flu at Christmas??? I hope you don't get it. The cake was great. We had to refrigerate it, so that meant it wasn't really dripping with caramel, but it was still good!

Sean - I hope your Christmas was great too! :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I have a doctor's appointment at about 2:45 this afternoon. Then I have some errands to run and a few other things to attend to.

I have plans for working on fan fic this weekend and some other stuff that I'd like to get caught up on while it's fairly warm out.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Yep....stomach flu. Hubs and I were going to go watch Catching Fire tonight (FINALLY) and the kids were going to stay with my in-laws for a few days. MM said he didn't want to go because his stomach hurt, but he's been saying his stomach hurt since Christmas day and nothing happened. So he played on the computer a bit and we asked how he felt, he said better, he wanted to go to Oma and Opa's. So we get in the car and start driving and we didn't even make it out of town before MM was throwing up. So we had to turn around and come back home. Poor kid...he must have felt rotten. He asked to go to bed before 6:00 p.m. already and he didn't eat any dinner. Guess we'll see how he is tomorrow.

Lynne, how's the bread maker? They were SUPER popular in the US when I was in high school. My English teacher/speech coach had one and there were only 3 or 4 of us on the speech team for a while and she would make a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread for us to eat in the bus on the way to speech tournaments. I always wanted one, but my mother had no desire for one. They aren't that popular over here. I don't think I know anyone who has one. I hope you LOVE yours.

Sean, good luck with the doctor!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everyone!

We're hoping to go out for a picnic today. We're sick of just sitting around eating leftovers since Christmas day, so we'll take our leftovers somewhere else to eat them! :)

My first loaf of bread was just a small one, but it tastes good. However, when we were using the breadmaker, the power went off to our appliances because the safety switch kicked in. The breadmaker worked okay after that, but we'll have to check it again today and if it happens again we might have to take it back. it's no good if it's causing a power surge every time it's used.

Songbird - I saw on Facebook that you weren't able to go to Catching Fire after all. I hope you get to go soon! Yes, breadmakers are quite popular over here at the moment. They're certainly a lot easier to use these days than they used to be. I'm hoping it will improve out health if we stop using the store bought bread with all the preservatives in it.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today went well. Appointment went fine, bought some stuff at the grocery store, and now I have to wait until about 6:30-7:00 to make a phone call to a friend.

Other than that, my day's pretty much complete unless I'm able to wake myself up to work on fan fic later on or do a "24 Hour" race on GT4. Which that'll probably happen Saturday.

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Didn't get to fan fic last night, but I'll try and aim for it today.

Yesterday was successful, and today has been pretty good so far. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

I plan on helping to finish off Christmas left overs and maybe fairly soon do some work on a turkey loaf I bought last night.

Other than that, I don't really have much to say right now.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's Sunday here and it's supposed to be really hot today. I can already feel the temperature rising. Luckily, we're going to my in-laws' this afternoon, and they have air conditioning! We'll just have to sweat it out until then! :)
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I've been lurking, just didn't have a lot of energy to post :) Christmas with Jason was wonderful-he got me a few shirts and shower gels and a new hand mixer :) Only he didn't realize we had one already, so I'll exchange it and look for something else we can use in the kitchen. My parents house was fun, we like going over there and hanging out. We watched Despicable Me for the first time and loved it, so much so that we went and bought the second one today after my Dad let us borrow his copy (that we actually bought him for Christmas, haha).

Song-I saw your posts about the stomach flu, ugh. That sounds awful! How was Christmas other wise? Glad you finally saw Catching Fire, what'd you think?

Christmas Eve was sort of stressful because one of his brothers has no manners but I tried to ignore him as much as possible...Jason's Mom seemed extra happy that we hosted considering that she just moved last month and haven't fully unpacked yet.

Lynne-your cake looked delicious! I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with your bread maker in case it causes power surges....that could be bad. I love bread makers but mine broke :/ Hope you enjoy your time with your in laws!