Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Daylight savings time when we spring forward is hard. Pretty much everyone I've talked to today was cranky about losing sleep :P We also decided to pull our offer on the house, as the owners raised the price on it and we decided it just wasn't worth it. Thankfully we don't have to be out of here until the end of August so we have lots of time. It's just discouraging, as we'd hoped to make the move before the summer.

Lynne-Oh yay, I'm glad you have work! I'm feeling fine, whatever cold my boss had I didn't get it. I think I just needed some downtime to recharge. I'm glad you and your hubby had time together, that's so important!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

I'm doing an editing job from home (still for my 'proper' job, though!) at the moment. Fortunately, it's been quick and easy. Unfortunately, it's been something I wasn't terribly comfortable editing, but i didn't feel like telling my boss I couldn't do it, as I do that a lot! It wasn't too bad; I'm nearly done.

My father's latest book launch is at our house this Saturday. We also have an election this Saturday and Little Man's cricket break up is this Saturday too. They told us about the cricket break up after I'd scheduled my father's book launch for then, which is a shame, as I wanted to go. As a result, this weekend's going to be massively busy and I'll have to do a lot of the preparation myself as Little Man and Hubby will be at a cricketing lunch.

Sarah - yeah, I hate daylight savings time. It always seems like a huge effort for little result. I'm so glad we don't have it in this state. I'm glad you didn't get that flu! Hopefully the right house at the right price will come along soon.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much going on, just work and life. I'm sucked into some more of Karen Kingsbury's books, which has been a nice way to relax in the evenings. Last night we went over and had dinner with my parents and just hung out. We were all too tired to play games but it nice just to visit.

Lynne-Oh wow, sounds like you have a really busy weekend coming up! Your father wrote another book? How awesome :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work was okay yesterday, although the internet wouldn't work for the first hour or so, which made it difficult to do anything! I'm getting things done, which is good. I have a plan to get me through the weekend, and hopefully I can stick to it.

Sarah - I haven't read Karen Kingsbury. I must try her ...
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

It's Friday night here and I've been finishing off the Karen Kingsbury trilogy tonight and relaxing. It looks like we've finally found a house, our offer was accepted at least, but I get to go check it out tomorrow to make sure I love it as much as Jason does. He saw it while I was working yesterday and shot some video for me. Of course, it's never the same until you see it yourself!

This weekend to be pretty quiet-work for my father in law in the morning, seeing the house, and hanging out with Jason. That's good because the girl who my boss was going to hire didn't show up or contact us at all so we're still short handed and work has been crazy busy.

Lynne-Hope your weekend is going okay! I highly recommend Karen Kingsbury, she's a great Christian author who hooks me every time!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Between being sick and busy all week, I'm glad that the weekend is here. I'm about to order a memory foam mattress for my bed, and I also found out earlier this week at the Bird Sanctuary that one of their barn owls will be going back on display.

I also found this this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYz9J1bMwsk

We won't see the whole thing until the 22nd, though.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

Yesterday was really busy. We had an election, so I had to vote (it's compulsory here), then I had to do a lot of cooking and cleaning for my father's book launch, which was being held here. Hubby and Little Man couldn't help as they were out until just before the launch started, as they had Little Man's final cricket match for the season and also their trophy presentation and break-up lunch.

Unfortunately, there weren't a lot of people at my father's launch, so he only sold about four copies. Hopefully he'll be able to get a lot of follow up sales. I sold two copies of The Heir myself.

Today we have to wash the car, go fruit and veg shopping and I have to take Little Man to a birthday party this afternoon. I'd rather stay at home and rest, but I can't and I don't think the party will be terribly relaxing!

Sarah - what did you think of the house? Yes, I know who Karen Kingsbury is, it's just my TBR pile is huge at the moment. I hope I'll get to her sometime.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I saw the house and I loved it, just like Jason thought I would :) The inspection happens tomorrow and hopefully everything will check out cleanly. If it there's nothing that needs fixing or improving, then we'll likely be moving in a month! In the mean time, we are going through stuff like crazy and starting to pack things we're sure we won't use in the next month.

I found time to go see my Mom and help her clean her house for a bit, as my parents are considering listing their house in the next few weeks too! Spring cleaning time! I'm hoping to have a yard sale in the next two weeks and also do another big book sell back. Whatever reduces clutter!

Lynne-Oh I'm sorry the launch didn't go as well as you hoped. How'd the birthday party go?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm still feeling tired after a busy weekend, especially since I worked yesterday, but work went well, as did the birthday party on Sunday. It was at Skyzone, a big trampoline centre. The only thing I don't like about those places is how noisy they are. I was sitting with the other parents and it was difficult to hear anything anybody was saying! Little Man had fun, though, and that's the important thing.

Sarah - I'm glad you like the house. You'll have to post some photos. Hopefully your parents will find a good place too. Yes, the small turnout at the signing was disappointing. I'm hoping I'll have a much bigger crowd at my next signing in either September or October.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I might be headed out with a friend this afternoon, but this morning, finally, there's this:

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/pre ... i-r18-5809

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/