Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's my first day back working for Rochelle today. She says there's lots to do. I hope I can be switched on enough to do it. My brain seems slow to get going after the holidays.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Though it might not be by much, it already feels quite a bit warmer right now.

I'll be watching some videos on You Tube and get ready to get off to bed, by which time I wake up it'll be much warmer than it is now. I'm looking forward to it being 40 degrees in a couple of day's time, and that's something a lot of us will be getting here in the US by Thursday/Friday is above average temps.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I never though that I'd say that 15 degrees is a heat wave, but after the past couple of days, it sure feels like one.

Probably won't get into serious fan fic work tonight and such, but things are a lot better now than the past couple of days.

I don't really have any plans for today, aside from maybe playing my PC game a little later.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yesterday was a pretty good day. We had a good day and got a lot done, I think.

Today I'm taking Little Man to the Planetarium for a show. I hope it will be a good day. He's being a bit argumentative today (he has been a lot lately) and it's getting very annoying.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Still haven't gotten any fan fic done yet. That'll be for tomorrow, and I think I may be working on two chapters concurrently. That'll be a first for me, but I have too many good ideas now and I'd rather not totally lose them. Let's see what I can do with that tomorrow.

Other than that, I haven't been up to much so far today and probably won't be, since I'll probably be taking some rest soon. But today was still overall so much better than the past couple...

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

It's been a quiet few days, trying to get used to the full work week again! How it is that Christmas was just two weeks ago? Feels like forever!! I've gotten most of it put away but there's a lot of housework to get done..it never ends.

I went and got my flu shot today-yuck-because one of my clients had it, so I'd rather be safe than sorry. It's going around..

Lynne-oh good to know! I'm always looking for good movies to watch and Walter Mitty definitely looks intriguing. I hope you enjoyed the planetarium, I've never been to one, what are they like?

Hope your Mum feels better soon!

Song-continue to keep us posting on your BIL, please :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Much better day today, certainly compared to the start of the week!

I may start to work on fan fic again tonight, and work on 1-2 other things today. Things are just a lot less gloomy than they were earlier this week.

I'll be back later with a progress report :)

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey everybody!

The planetarium was pretty good. They've got a big domed theatre where you sit and watch a movie on the ceiling. We saw one that took us to all the planets in the solar system. It was fascinating! Then they showed the Brisbane night sky. I remember going there when I was a kid, and Little Man was entertained enough that he didn't talk or wriggle, although the displays in the planetarium's atrium didn't impress him that much. He would have liked it better if it featured fighter jets.

Today we are covering his school books for next year and doing a bit of shopping.

Sarah - yes, I'd recommend Walter Mitty. Yes, Christmas does seem like a long time ago, doesn't it? But it's only been two weeks!
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all! There's not much news really...my best friend should be in Australia by now, I think. It's going to be so weird to be opposite on the time difference. She used to be 9 hours behind me, now she'll be either 8 or 10 hours AHEAD of me, depending on the time of year. (daylight savings, etc) I am afraid we might not get to chat as much, but I'm sure we'll find a way.

Feel free to skip this next bit as I am mostly just having a rant about family drama.
My brother-in-law is still having issues. He's had to have more fluid removed from behind his lungs, and he's having a very hard time breathing because of the pressure from the build up of fluid and from the pneumonia, which also makes him cough. He's not in as much pain as he was Monday, but he's not feeling good. And his poor son is being passed off to my ex-SIL's parents because my SIL doesn't feel like having the responsibility for her child and she just wants attention because she can't stand my BIL having attention instead of her, so she's going to the doctor every other day saying she's sick, but they can't find anything wrong with her. So my poor nephew is kind of abandoned by his narcissistic mom and doesn't get to see much of his sick dad. Hubs said when he was leaving, he met my nephew and his grandparents just coming in to visit, and my nephew really really wanted to play with our kids so he promised we'd go to his grandparents' house this weekend so the kids can play, even though my BIL will still be in the hospital. At least my BIL has a good relationship with his ex-in-laws. When my ex-SIL dumps my nephew off there during the week, they call him so he can come over and spend time with his son. My ex- SIL got mad when she found out and told them to stop, but her dad told her it was his house and she had no right to tell him who he could and couldn't invite to it. And she told them she just wouldn't bring him over anymore then and they called her bluff because if she didn't bring him over, she'd have to take responsibility for him herself, which they knew she wouldn't do. But the good thing is that now that my BIL is in the hospital, he still gets to see his son because they bring him to the hospital, which my ex-SIL wouldn't do. It's such a messy situation, but it could be a whole lot worse! Sorry...probably TMI, but I just need to vent.

Sean, has the weather warmed back up now?

Sarah, I can't believe they only gave them one week notice the the store was going to close! I don't know how they can get away with that!
I know what you mean about Christmas...it feels like it was AGES ago! I got all my stuff cleaned up and put everything away last weekend and it's so nice to have my house back. And it's nice to be on a normal schedule again, too, without having to go to a bunch of parties, or school functions, etc.

Lynne, how was the planetarium? Where I grew up, one of the schools in the bigger town next to us (65 km away) had a planetarium in it and we went there every year for school on a field trip. It was the highlight of the year...the trip to the planetarium, and Mr. Williams. (he was the one who ran it. He was the science teacher at the school) Bug would really love it. She's into the stars and such right now. She's reading a book about the constellation and the stories behind the mythology. She's quite proud of herself because she got the book out of the "youth" section, which is meant for kids who are 10-13 or something and she's only 7 and can read it all by herself. But she is LOVING it. She informed me today that daddy's star sign is the Ram and that the story said he had golden fleece.
You never know about those contests. I usually don't win stuff either, so I don't always pay attention to the winners lists, but I won the $50 dollar Amazon gift card from a book giveaway and I was SHOCKED. If you want to check out the series, though, start with Moon Called. It's the first one in the series and according to my other author friend, the latest one was not quite as good as the rest. Still good, but slightly less.

Oh, looks like we were both posting, Lynne! You beat me to it. Glad the planetarium was a success!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Already got to work on some PC stuff and I might work on fan fic today or tonight, depending on what's on TV and what I plan on doing today.

I was planning on going out with my brother today to get some stuff, but he left here earlier this morning, and now I don't know if that'll happen later today or tomorrow.

At least the warm up is here now and thankfully it doesn't seem that it'll be getting insanely cold again for a while.

Quick job update: hopefully, I'll be back to work fairly soon. I called my boss today and asked her if she found out anything new. The equipment needed for my new position is now at the Administration Building next door to where I work. There's no date firmly set for training, but it should hopefully be soon.