Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

First off, Congrats to our Sister Jenn Jenn for having a beautiful baby!!!

Now, I finally went back to the gym yesterday. My body isn’t hurting as much as I expected this morning but it was still a very good work out.

Today I’m starting to prepare for Keltfest and my vacation. I have 5 more weeks so I’m a bit early but I need time to work out transport etc…

Anyway,

Lynne, I have read any reaction besides yours to the Host. I heard on E! that they didn’t like the movie all that much but somehow they are still promoting it as if it was a big blockbuster.
Are there really that many Twilight-haters that are flaming the Host as well?

Susie, I’m happy you enjoyed spending time with your daughter. I can’t imagine what BA looks like. The way you describe it is horrible.
I have been looking into a job-change but it’s kind of hard right now to find something good. The economy isn’t working right now. I’m not sure if sales is something for me. Too stressful to reach targets. I have been thinking about marketing or training jobs. I don’t know yet but no that things with the house are settled a bit I have the energy again to look.

Sarah, I let go of planning my life. Or even a year ahead. Everytime I think I’ve got it something comes around and throw it off. I’m kind of enjoying the idea of letting it go for a while and see where I end up… At the gym where I go to they have tv shows as well but I love the idea of an empty head full of good music as I workout. It’s relaxing…
Yes, we are almost done with phase 1 of home improvement. Once the weather turns warmer we will focus on the garden. Next year we’ll do more and we still want to do a complete remodeling of the top floor.

Alright. I’m off for today…
See you all later!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi Sibs! Nothing new going on here, so I guess I go straight to posts.

Congrats to Jenn Jenn on the new baby!!! I saw the pics on FB. Awwww.

Sean, yay for a normal day. Here's hoping they remain normal, with just enough abnormal to make it interesting!

Lynne, do you enjoy having Little Man home or does it make it hard to work? I always find that I love having the kids and hubs home for a few days, but after a bit, the kids start driving me nuts because they have so much energy...at least, when the weather’s not nice enough for them to play outside, which is often the case here. And Hubs gets surlier the more time off he has, like he's releasing all the stress and tension, but taking it out on me.

Tracy, I wondered where you’d been hiding!! We are just glad to see you, because so many people don’t come here at all anymore. We miss everyone!
No, I don’t think that the PTA knows I’m a baker yet. I’m sure they’ll figure it out eventually.

Marielle, so how are things coming with the house then? Are you about done with everything?

Susie, so glad you had a good time in BA! I bet that would take some getting used to, the bars on the windows and such, but it would be similar in any large city, wouldn’t it? Other than the main touristy part, I mean. Look at NYC, or Chicago, etc...they keep the main part that tourists see clean and beautiful, but if you go into the poorer areas, it’s a mess...in Paris, even in the “Ring” it was horribly dirty! I can’t imagine living in that! But I bet it’s nice to know that Daughter Dear is safe and loved, etc. When will she come back to the US?
Yes, that’s exactly why I joined at the school...I thought it would be a great way to get to know the other parents, stay involved, always know what’s going on with the school, and have contact with the teachers, and maybe even have a bit more influence.
How did the speech go? I’m so glad you spoke on that subject. As a foreigner in a different country, I can tell you it’s not just in the US that people need to be more understanding about it. I had only been here a couple of months when an uncle of hub’s made a comment about how I should be speaking fluently, and so and so already spoke pretty well...but so and so had been here for 4 years already and didn’t really speak that well. And my in-laws tried to direct my studying, dictating to me when and where I was supposed to do my homework and how, and laying down mandates about when I was “allowed” to speak English. Just Sunday at Easter, my MIL made a comment about how bad my Dutch is getting. For one, it’s not true, my vocab is increasing and I’m one of those people who tends to use larger words and I want to be perfect, so I tend to take more time to make sure my wording and conjugation are correct...it’s not that I can’t speak it, it’s that I want it to be perfect, so I take time to make sure it is. Number 2, what purpose does it serve to tell someone how bad they are at something? It doesn’t endear you to them, it doesn’t motivate them, it just hurts their feelings and makes you look like a colossal jerk. Number 3, I don’t think she has ANY idea how hard it is to move away from your family, your friends, job, home, everything you’ve ever known, and go to a country where you don’t speak the language, know no one except your husband and his immediate family, and are expected to perform to a certain standard, to be judged by people who have lived there their entire lives. I know there are people who refuse to learn the language, and I understand the frustration of wondering why they would want to stay in a country in which they are apparently not that happy, but you can’t understand their motives for being here. You don’t KNOW what they may have been leaving behind, and you don’t know how hard it is for them. Sorry...it’s something I’m a bit passionate about, based on my own experience here.

Sarah, oh a nap sounds SO nice!! I worked yesterday, and I think God was really watching out for me. I messed up my hip working out last Friday or Saturday and it’s still not better. My job is essentially all walking/standing, but the system at work was really slow, so they needed more people doing the non-walking stuff. It’s still standing, but that’s better than walking the whole time. Normally I’m lucky to get in an hour of the standing jobs...I usually spend most of the time walking. But there were no scanners when I got there and the slow system kept me from having to walk at all. Thank God for small miracles! Why did you get to come home early?
Wow...I wish there was a Hobby Lobby close by. Back home, we drove 75 miles to get to Hobby Lobby, but there isn’t one here to drive to. I shall live vicariously through you and you can tell me all about the things you bought, or wanted to, but didn’t!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to Dreamworld with Little Man today. It's the only full day we have spare these holidays! It's nice to keep busy. Much better than me wracking my brains for things to do to keep him amused.

Sarah - Yeah, I've never understood why people feel they need to belittle it so intently. I know some Twilight fans can be annoying, but every fandom has fans like that.

marielle - yes, they are flaming it, with a great deal of glee. It's so sad. They're also claiming that it means that the book is crap as well, which really upsets me, because I thought the book was a good one - certainly on par with other sci-fi I have read.

Songbird - having Little Man certainly makes it difficult to work! I did some work for our business yesterday, but Little Man went to my parents for the morning to allow me the time. Fortunately, Rochelle has a son about the same age, so they play when I work for her (I will be working for her Monday and Friday next week). I am doing my book promo whenever I can find the time. Yes, it can be draining when they're around regularly, can't it?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had the day off today, and I did work on my fan fic last night. I didn't get a ton done because I got sort of a late start on it, but I got a bit done and I think that I'm setting up for something pretty good when I get some serious time to work on it this weekend.

Tonight will be the last night where it will be insanely cold, and by the weekend we'll be having highs during the day in the 60s and lows in the 50s. Thankfully it'll finally be spring for real starting tomorrow.

As for tonight, I have some cooking shows to watch and some fried chicken that I'd like to make, but aside from that, I don't have much planned, since I do head back to work tomorrow.

And have there been any more updates on Jennifer and her baby? I hope that they're still doing pretty well.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone. A pretty decent day at work today, but I'm looking forward more to tomorrow. I have some grocery shopping to do after work, and we're having a going away part for someone at work tomorrow. Kinda sad to see her go, but she's getting married and moving and that's a new chapter in her life.

I did get some actual butter at some place after work today, and it's good, aside from the fact that it won't spread unless warmed and it's like cutting though concrete. But at least it's the real deal. And I also got some new root beer, and it's definitely a bit of an inspiration to buy/check out locally made stuff and check out another, larger farmer's market near where I work tomorrow.

Other than that, it's the same old same old around here, but at least the weather is a lot better than it was, and, aside from a chance of rain, is supposed to get better over the weekend.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

I'm sorry I didn't stop by yesterday. I was late for work and didn't have time to do my morning post. After that it went only downhill with my time.

I don't know if you heard about the Dior commercial Rob has done. It will probably air somewhere in May or June. and it will be smoking hot... I even had a dream about it last night. I was going trough all the still of the shoot with Rob and he kept telling me how embarressing he thought they were.

anyway,

Sean, we are getting better weather are well. They are expecting the wind to turn so it's coming from the south on Teusday. after that we get two days of rain and than they expect it to become good spring weather. to be honest we need to rain desperately. With the eastern wind and practically no rain it's starting to become really dry...

Lynne, I really don't understand flamers. I mean if you didn't like it that's okay but to spoil the fun for those who did like it is horrible... I haven't seen it yet but I already know one good thing about the movie... SM is now free to write again. She is done with her movie projects, she had nothing to finish up, so now she can take a few months to have a break and after that she can continue with 'the-book-that-must-not-be-named'!!!!

Susan, the house is coming fine. I haven't done much this week. Between hitting the gym and not feeling really well I have decided that I needed a few lazy days... this weekend we will start finishing the 1st floor.

alright, I'm off...
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle - oh, if only she would do the-book-that-must-not-be-named, but I don't have much hope of that in the foreseeable future!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had sort of a depressing day today. After work, all I wanted to do was go home. I have some more Social Security stuff to deal with and I'm starting to worry about money and stuff. I hope that I can keep working at my current job, but I don't know how much longer I can before I have to possibly start looking for work elsewhere.

Sorry for being such a downer right now, but I'm tired, stressed out and even though there's some things that I'd like to try and work on tonight, I'm not sure if I'm in the mood to even think about doing a lot of that stuff. All I feel like doing right now is just laying in bed, and I don't even want to do that right now because I know that I'd get stir crazy after a while, which is why I'm on here right now.

I even abandoned my plans for grocery shopping until Monday because of how I felt after work today. Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll be feeling better.

I'll be back later.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Just a quickie from me..been so busy with work and just life in general..I'm so tired! I've been trying to spend what time I can with my hubby as well :)

I've been obsessed with the Hunger Games instrumental CD while at work, I'm not sure why. The movie depresses me but I've been watching the end clip with the berries on Youtube for some reason too. Agh.

Song-my hours flucuate depending on the need..it depends on how many returns my boss gets done. I can only process what gets done ;) Either way, I was thrilled to nap. It doesn't seem like a lot, but my hours for him average 40 a month right now and I put in 25 this week alone :) At Hallmark I tend to walk around a lot like you said..hope your hip is okay! I got a really cool sea glass cross and a few quote signs to add to our mural wall that we have a bunch of photos on. I'll have to take some pictures and show ya :) Jason got me a small gift card there for Easter, just because. Their house stuff is to die for!!

Lynne-it bugs me to that people bag on Twilight so bad, it's sad. How are things going with your book?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We've had a nice weekend so far, going to the in-laws' place yesterday. Dreamworld went well on Thursday. Only got a quiet day today. Not much happening here to report. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.