Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Goodness, it's quiet here. Where are the other two?

It's back to school for Little Man today. He was crying at about four this morning. Oh well. At least he's got fun birthday presents to play with this morning. That should help.

I have to get back to editing today. In fact, this is the first school holidays when I'm sad that they've come to an end because it means I have to get back to doing a lot of stuff that I'd really rather not do at the moment. I'm going to have to go and hassle some new bookstores for signings later this week too. I really don't want to do that.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I'm here :) I've been on Facebook, just not on my laptop much because Jase went camping so I stayed with my parents over the weekend. They don't live far from me so I'm able to just go stay overnight with them and then come back to check on the kitties but I forgot my laptop over there yesterday.

Yesterday it was warm, in the early 90s, so I went shopping with a girlfriend trying to avoid the heat. Thank God for air conditioned malls and restaurants! It's just not something that's needed much here since we generally only get one or two of these heat waves a year. We have a few sturdy fans that help us sleep, but working in it gets tough. I try to get out and enjoy it when I can, so last night I sat outside and read for a long time last night.

Lynne-I loved MM's cake! How adorable. Looks like he had a great party! It's hard to get back to real life after holidays, huh? I feel that way every weekend!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Today I've just got grocery shopping to do ... and lots of social media book promotion which has been neglected over the holidays. I'm feeling despondent about all that at the moment. Although I finished the first draft of More than Survival the other day, I'm probably going to have to put it on the back burner as Rochelle doesn't want any more fantasy at the moment. I do have another idea for a contemporary book. I wrote a novel back in the nineties that I think I could rewrite and market. We'll see if it works.

Sarah - glad to see you! It's hot over there? Over here we've had it cold. In fact, Saturday morning was the coldest July morning in Brisbane since 1911! Of course, it's nothing compared with the cold you'd experience over there (we are a sub-tropical climate, after all) but it was still pretty cold for here!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got home after a pretty good day at work, and I played with Jade and Snowball a bit. It was a good thing that I actually got all the stuff I needed to normally get done this week today, since tomorrow I'll have plenty to do and I'll be working from 10:00-2:00.

So I'll be doing my normal stuff tonight, and I'll be figuring out what I want to do as far as dinner and such, and what I'll be taking tomorrow for something to eat at work. I'll also sorta be storm watching tonight, since some storms and such are supposed to be on their way.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Not a bad Monday, which I always appreciate, and it didn't get too hot until about half way through the day which was nice. I'm loving the weather being in the 80s and 90s but it's hard to clean when the houses are hotter than it is outside.

Right now I've really into cooking competition shows which I find really funny because I don't really cook a heck of a lot, especially now because it's so hot.

Lynne-I forgot that you're in the other hemisphere, so therefore it's your winter while it's my summer :) I just looked it up and 90 degrees is 32 Celsius, is that warm to you or just average? During our winter it gets into the 30s but I'm talking degrees, not Celsius!

Good luck with all your social media stuff and your potential new book :) I've got one in the works but nothing too hardcore yet. I forgot how busy working full time working can make me!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

More editing work to do today, but I'm hoping I'll be able to finish a job I've got at the moment. The book is a little weird, but so long as they pay me, I don't care.

Sarah - yes, it's winter over here. 32 celsius would be be a normal summer's day here, although there would be humidity on top of that which would make it feel hotter. No, we definitely don't get as cold as that!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the late message today, but I got home and went to sleep. I didn't get much sleep last night and I went into work early today. At least I got plenty of stuff done at work that would've sat for a while if I went to work for a normal shift.

I have plans for gaming and possibly fan fic tonight and I plan on enjoying the cooler weather today/tonight. I haven't felt all that great today, but at least I now have two days off in a row.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's Little Man's eighth birthday today. He has school, but we've given him his presents an we'll have fish and chips for dinner for him tonight.

I'm going to the city today to try and find some new places to do book signings. Not looking forward to it.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Got up a little while ago, had some chicken pasta salad with pesto sauce and here I am now. I did also feed grandma this morning as well.

Other than that, I haven't really been up to much yet. I'll probably do some gaming and some fan fic work tonight.

I did find this a few days ago, and believe it or not, it's a song about a car, and the video does give a hint as to what the car in question is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKHKpa5VWhY

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Little Man was having a great birthday yesterday ... until he fell over at PE (gym) and skinned his knee quite badly. He was upset about it and it isn't nice to look at. I'll have to change the band aids soon and I'm not looking forward to the howls of protest that will ensue.

My visit to the city yesterday was pretty much a waste of time. The only response I got was a request to email two different contacts. I know that emails rarely result in an actual signing, so I'm not full of hope. On a more positive note, I went to a friend's book club last night and sold three copies of The Heir. They were very enthusiastic and some have contacts in other schools so I may get some more writing seminars out of it, which would be great. I hope it pans out.